Author Topic: 64% of Americans Agree with Donald Trump - Build a Fence on Mexican Border  (Read 700 times)

rangerrebew

Sept. 7, 2015

64% of Americans Agree with Donald Trump - Build a Fence on Mexican Border

In his wildest dreams Donald Trump could not have imagined his campaign going this well. There is just no way. As I write this, Trump continues to dominate the GOP field and is also beginning to overtake his Democrat rivals in the most recent polling. (Leading Clinton by 5 in Iowa and trailing her by just 1 in New Hampshire.)

While I've never been on the Trump bandwagon (though I have appreciated some of what he has said), I am beginning to grow very excited about the possibility that he is changing the national conversation on certain issues -- illegal immigration being the most prominent of these issues.

Just last week we brought you the news that 59% of Americans agreed with Trump on deporting all illegal aliens; this week we have even more surprising news.

The latest poll out from YouGov finds that 64% of Americans support building a fence along our border with Mexico! 64%!

Those are landslide numbers, folks. That is a vast majority of the population. In fact only about 27% of Americans believe that we should NOT build the fence.

The idea of a border fence is more popular than unpopular with every single subgroup in the polling.

More Democrats support the idea than oppose, more women support than oppose, more African-Americans support than oppose, and here's the clincher… even among Hispanics – more support the building of a border fence than oppose. 49% of Hispanics want to see the USA build a fence along the border with Mexico and only 38% of Hispanics are opposed to the fence.

This is what we call a "winning issue" in political parlance, and it may very well be all because of Donald Trump.

Wow. Those are words I never imagined myself saying.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/09/64-of-americans-agree-with-donald-trump-build-a-fence-on-mexican-border/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:32:12 pm by rangerrebew »