Author Topic: Trump, after Republican pledge, breaks from pack on Iran, gay marriage  (Read 688 times)

bkepley

By Susan Heavey
Reuters

Leading Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Friday broke away from stances held by many of his rivals on issues ranging from the Iran nuclear deal to the gay marriage fight in Kentucky.

Trump's statements in a lengthy interview on MSNBC came one day after signing the party's loyalty pledge.

He called the Iran nuclear agreement "a disastrous deal" and "a horrible contract," but said he would work with it.
Closer to home, Trump also eschewed rivals on the Kentucky battle over gay marriage. Some Republicans loudly backed Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, who opted for jail time rather than issue any marriage licenses following the U.S. Supreme Court's June ruling in support of gay marriage.

"We are a nation of laws," Trump said. "The decision's been made, and that's the law of the land."

More here:http://news.yahoo.com/trump-republican-pledge-breaks-pack-iran-gay-marriage-131002899.html

Some "Attila the Hun".

Godzilla

Re: Trump, after Republican pledge, breaks from pack on Iran, gay marriage
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 04:52:53 pm »
Wow, these are the first two things he's said that made sense.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 04:57:07 pm »
At some point those who gave him this lead, will demand to see his position on "God, Gunz and Gayz" and if he doesn't measure up, it will mark a turning point.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 04:32:00 am »
Trump was bought off by the GOPe.  You know it, I know it, the American people know it.  The only course left must be armed rebellion against our oppressors.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson.

Godzilla

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 03:47:03 pm »
Trump was bought off by the GOPe.  You know it, I know it, the American people know it.  The only course left must be armed rebellion against our oppressors.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson.

Snerk... snicker.

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.(TM)"

Death to the GOP! 

:silly:

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 03:59:00 pm »

Thomas Jefferson.

I think you might be on to something!  :silly:

Godzilla

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 04:13:15 pm »
I think you might be on to something!  :silly:

Quick, to the kitty copter!

8888madkitty 8888madkitty 8888madkitty 8888madkitty 8888madkitty 8888madkitty 8888madkitty 8888madkitty 8888madkitty

GOP dead! 

Yay! 

2016 - election day:  "Where's muh d@#n Republican choice onna ballot?!?"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 04:14:21 pm by Godzilla »