Author Topic: Sen. Cruz: 'Every Observer Knows This President Is Not Willing to Use Force, Military or Otherwise'  (Read 745 times)

rangerrebew

Sen. Cruz: 'Every Observer Knows This President Is Not Willing to Use Force, Military or Otherwise'

(CNSNews.com) - If Iran ignores the nuclear agreement and develops a bomb, there is no military option on the table to stop it, Sen. Ted Cruz told Fox News's Neil Cavuto on Wednesday.

Cruz spoke after Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.) told Cavuto that he believes President Obama "would take military action" [1] if Iran "breaks out."

"Every observer knows this president is not willing to use force, military or otherwise, to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons," Cruz said. "The terms of this deal make that abundantly clear, because on the face of this deal, it accelerates Iran`s acquiring nuclear weapons.

And I found it interesting listening to that interview, because under the terms of this deal, we won`t know until after the fact that Iran has acquired a nuclear weapon. The inspection regime we had been promised, so-called any time/anywhere inspections, the inspection regime is on its face laughable and a farce.

"We give Iran 24 days' notice before any inspection. And even more ludicrous, we don't inspect it, the U.N. doesn't inspect it. We're trusting Iran to inspect themselves. It is a regime that is designed to facilitate cheating, and I think it is a profound national security threat to our nation."

Cruz said even the Ayatollah Khamenei sees no threat of military action from President Obama.

"I think the Democratic senators know full well that there is no credible threat of deterrence or military action by the Obama presidency. You know, I agree with the former Democratic Senator Joe Lieberman that this is the most important vote that any member of the Senate will ever cast.

And it really is an opportunity for Democrats to decide what they value more, whether they value national security and standing with our friends and ally, the nation of Israel, and protecting the safety and lives of millions of Americans, or whether they value partisan loyalty to the Obama White House.

And I'm very sorry to say that, to date, 34 Senate Democrats [2] have willingly said partisan loyalty trumps any willingness to protect this country. That is a disappointing decision by my colleagues in the Senate, and I think it`s one their constituents are going to be profoundly disappointed with."

Cruz said if the deal goes through -- as it apparently will -- "the Obama administration will become quite literally the world's leading financier of radical Islamic terrorists. Over $100 billion will go to Iran. Billions of those dollars will go to Hamas, to Hezbollah, to the Houthis.

"And those jihadists will use those billions under the control of our government to finance the murder of Americans, of Israelis, and Europeans."

Also See:
Sen. Casey: 'I Believe This President...Would Take Military Action' If Iran Gets Nuclear Weapon [1]

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/sen-cruz-every-observer-knows-president-not-willing-use-force-military-or

Offline Rivergirl

But he gleefully bombed Libya back to a prehistoric age.  The hell left in the wake has decimated the middle east and now all of Europe.

Offline kevindavis007

But he gleefully bombed Libya back to a prehistoric age.  The hell left in the wake has decimated the middle east and now all of Europe.

Also ISIS is in Libya.. Something that Hillary has to be asked about.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Godzilla

Key point omitted in this article is that the soonest the deal can go into effect is at the end of this year.

And that only happens if the Iranians dilute all their enriched uranium.

At that point, even if the Iranians disregard everything and keep their centrifuges... it will take them longer to just get back to the current stage than the time we have left with Obama.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sen. Cruz: 'Every Observer Knows This President Is Not Willing to Use Force, Military or Otherwise'.

Well, Senator Cruz has it mostly right.

There IS one nation the president would be very willing to employ force against:

The nation of Israel, if it were to launch an attack against Iran to neutralize its nuclear weapons capacity...

Offline GourmetDan

Key point omitted in this article is that the soonest the deal can go into effect is at the end of this year.

And that only happens if the Iranians dilute all their enriched uranium.

At that point, even if the Iranians disregard everything and keep their centrifuges... it will take them longer to just get back to the current stage than the time we have left with Obama.

Hey... I own a bridge in NYC if you're interested in buying one...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Paladin

"Cruz spoke after Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.) told Cavuto that he believes President Obama "would take military action" [1] if Iran "breaks out."

Casey is either a liar or, if sincere, a useful idiot. probably the latter.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.