Author Topic: She Was Brutally Raped Multiple Times…Years Later, She Went To See Her Attacker For 1 Shocking Reason  (Read 946 times)

rangerrebew

She Was Brutally Raped Multiple Times…Years Later, She Went To See Her Attacker For 1 Shocking Reason

Monika Kørra barely spoke English when she was granted a full scholarship to run cross-country at SMU.

James Beattie August 27, 2015 at 10:20am

A Norwegian woman who attended Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, recounts the story of how she was raped nearly six years ago.

Monika Kørra barely spoke English when she was granted a full scholarship to run cross-country at SMU. In December 2009 in the middle of her sophomore year, Kørra was walking with her girlfriends to another friend’s car after a party near the SMU campus – but she never got to the car.

“Before I knew it, I just had someone grabbing me from behind and I had a gun to my head,” Kørra said in an interview with WFAA.

“The attack started right away… stripped me from my clothing,” she added.

They raped me one at a time, two at a time, three at a time.

They pushed my head towards the floor of the van and told me over and over, ‘Do as we tell you … otherwise we will kill you.’

“At one point, one of them placed duct tape around my head, covered my eyes and opened the door, and pushed me out,” Kørra continued.

After 90 minutes, the assailants dropped Kørra off at a field in South Dallas. Kørra began to cry once she realized she survived the attack. She was naked, afraid, and alone. Ultimately, a man came to her rescue, followed by law enforcement.

“I don’t know how many police officers showed up. They had a helicopter above me,” Kørra said.

Kørra, who still had duct tape in her hair and was clearly distraught by the incident, made a promise to herself: “I made the decision that night that I would not let this define me,” she said.

The Norwegian’s stolen cell phone led to the arrest of Arturo Arevalo, Alfonso Zuniga and Luis Zuniga. Arevalo and Alfonso Zuniga were sentenced to life in prison, while Luis Zuniga was sentenced to 25 years. Amazingly, Kørra is finding it in her heart to forgive her attackers.

“For me, forgiveness is not by any means becoming friends with them… it’s not about that,” she said. “It’s all about finding peace by letting go of all this, and that’s about me.”

Kørra, now 25, even met with Luis Zuniga and made him sign a contract to get help in exchange for her forgiveness.

“He signed his name and cried, and he told me how much he appreciated the opportunity to talk to me,” Kørra said.

I told him over and over: “Tell me what you did to me,” and he said the words: “I raped you.” It was hard for him to say, but important for him to realize that is what he did.

Kørra has penned a book entitled Kill the Silence, with the objective of helping women who have been through comparable experiences.

“I hope it can give people hope, and that I can show people it’s possible to move beyond this,” she said.

h/t: IJ Review

http://www.westernjournalism.com/she-was-brutally-raped-multiple-times-years-later-she-went-to-see-her-attacker-for-shocking-reason/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:30:31 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ The Norwegian’s stolen cell phone led to the arrest of Arturo Arevalo, Alfonso Zuniga and Luis Zuniga. Arevalo and Alfonso Zuniga were sentenced to life in prison, while Luis Zuniga was sentenced to 25 years. Amazingly, Kørra is finding it in her heart to forgive her attackers. ]]

Yet one more stupid Scandinavian.

And yet one more example of why Donald Trump is right -- and is probably going to win.

Offline raml

Forgiveness doesn't mean you forget or you don't want them punished. It means you are doing yourself a big favor and letting it go so it doesn't eat you up. I was physically and emotionally abused by my ex. I have forgiven him but I haven't seen him in years and never intend to again. I have not forgotten and once when I was at my sons he was talking to him on the computer and I overheard his voice which is very loud and my daughter-in-law was shocked to see me shake when I heard his voice this was in 2003 my divorce was in 1986 yet he still scared me that hasn't gone away that is why I live many states away from him. You have the the wrong Idea about forgiveness if you think she is wrong for forgiving him.

Offline Paladin

Well said, raml. Your pain and suffering are evident and receive my complete sympathy. May God bless you.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline xfreeper

[[ The Norwegian’s stolen cell phone led to the arrest of Arturo Arevalo, Alfonso Zuniga and Luis Zuniga. Arevalo and Alfonso Zuniga were sentenced to life in prison, while Luis Zuniga was sentenced to 25 years. Amazingly, Kørra is finding it in her heart to forgive her attackers. ]]

Yet one more stupid Scandinavian.

And yet one more example of why Donald Trump is right -- and is probably going to win.

such glaring ignorance......