Author Topic: Donald Trump Goes After the Tea Party Vote. Here are 7 Things About That.  (Read 1791 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Donald Trump recently courted the “tea party” vote ahead of a Nashville straw poll. Here are 7 of their documented views on the issues.

1. Bank Bailouts. Tea party hated them. Donald Trump supported them: “Now, I did not know about a $700 billion bailout, in all fairness. And I think probably, it is something — it’s sad, but, probably, it’s something that has to get done, because your financial system is most likely going to come to a halt if it does not. So, it is a pretty sad day for this country.”

2. Stimulus. Tea party hated it. Donald Trump supported it: “It is a bad sound bite, but I thought [President Obama] did a terrific job. This is a strong guy knows what he wants, and this [the stimulus package] is what we need.”

3. Auto-bailouts. The tea party was against them. Donald Trump supported them: “I think the government should stand behind them 100 percent. You cannot lose the auto companies. They’re great. They make wonderful products.”

4. Blames 2007 market crash on Bush, thought housing market was fine in March 2007: “Now, as far as the housing market, I think it’s okay. It’s not terrible, it’s not great — it’s okay. It was great two years ago; now it’s fine, it’s solid.” The Fed continued to slash interest rates as Trump advised at that point, contributing to the housing market bubble. He recently stated that “I like low interest rates,” then went on to say The Fed is “creating a bubble.”

5. Higher taxes. The tea party opposed them. Donald Trump supports raising marginal rates: “The hedge fund guys are getting away with murder. They’re making a tremendous amount of money. They have to pay taxes. I want to lower the rates for the middle class.” (CBS via Bloomberg) Reason magazine points out that the economy and job creation boomed when presidents John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan lowered marginal rates.

6. Economic policies. The tea party vehemently opposed the tax-and-spend policies of the Democratic Congress since 2006 and detested the high national debt. Donald Trump said in 2004: “I’ve been around a long time. And it just seems the economy does better under the Democrats than under Republicans.”

7. Government-run healthcare. The tea party railed against Obamacare and single-payer. Donald Trump supports universal healthcare: “But I’m quite liberal and getting much more liberal on healthcare and other things. I really say: What’s the purpose of a country if you’re not going to have [universal] healthcare?”

It’s up to the reader to decide how well the positions of Donald Trump and the Tea Party have historically aligned.

Source: http://www.ijreview.com/2015/08/407331-donald-trump-goes-after-the-tea-party-vote-here-are-7-things-about-that/
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Longiron

Getting redudent with the anti TRUMP folks. He took Nashville with 52% of vote. He does not have to go for the TP because he already has that wrapped up along with TC. Lets here whom you support and tell everyone why that person should be the candidate and quit bitching about TRUMP and start supporting SOMEONE, PLEASE! :chairbang:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Getting redudent with the anti TRUMP folks. He took Nashville with 52% of vote. He does not have to go for the TP because he already has that wrapped up along with TC. Lets here whom you support and tell everyone why that person should be the candidate and quit bitching about TRUMP and start supporting SOMEONE, PLEASE! :chairbang:
And Ron Paul did the same in 2008. Look where that got him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

bkepley

It's important to note.  Trump is the Joker. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
You aren't supposed to question his positions, history, flip flops, or the corrupt way he ran his businesses. No, you are supposed to get behind him because he fights like a scripted WWE wrasslin match.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Here ye, here ye.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

His I’m smarter than you, I’m smarter than the dummies in Washington, and I’m going to take charge and roll right over anyone that try's to stop me shows that his political ideology does not support the Constitutional truth that any power the Government has is directly given to them by the American people. He is a Top-Down Leader, and he would agree, and that sort of leader is the ultimate anti-Tea Party anti-Constitution, anti-Reagan candidate. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

bkepley

His I’m smarter than you, I’m smarter than the dummies in Washington, and I’m going to take charge and roll right over anyone that try's to stop me shows that his political ideology does not support the Constitutional truth that any power the Government has is directly given to them by the American people. He is a Top-Down Leader, and he would agree, and that sort of leader is the ultimate anti-Tea Party anti-Constitution, anti-Reagan candidate.

The spirit of the anti-conservative.  They are right.  I am a hater.  I've always hated populist demagogues right or left.

Offline Longiron

You aren't supposed to question his positions, history, flip flops, or the corrupt way he ran his businesses. No, you are supposed to get behind him because he fights like a scripted WWE wrasslin match.

Naw, we need more compromise across the aisle stuff. That has proven to work?? How come the RINOGOP are always crossing the aisle, never the LIBS. You probably supported the KING of Flip Flops MITTENS. He did well to. If you understood anything about the business's TRUMP was in you would laugh at your own statement . By the way MOST everyone would want to be as successful as TRUMP in business except YOU of course. I know FIGHTING is hard for the RINOS to understand because they have never done it BUT get use to it because the appeasement crap does not and will not work?? lets try some REAL hopey, changey thing but from a conservative viewpoint. Thus far most people are buying what TRUMP, CRUZ and CARSON are selling.

Offline EdinVA

The revised HR1424 was received from the Senate by the House, and on October 3, it voted 263-171 to enact the bill into law. Democrats voted 172 to 63 in favor of the legislation, while Republicans voted 108 to 91 against it; overall, 33 Democrats and 24 Republicans who had previously voted against the bill supported it on the second vote.[7][13]

President Bush signed the bill into law within hours of its enactment, creating a $700 billion dollar Treasury fund to purchase failing bank assets.[142]

The revised plan left the $700 billion bailout intact and appended a stalled tax bill.[136] The law has three major divisions, Division A: the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008; Division B: Energy Improvement and Extension Act of 2008, and Division C: the Tax Extenders and Alternative Minimum Tax Relief Act of 2008.[7] The tax part of the law has provisions that will have a net expenditure of $100 billion over 10 years. It had been stalled due to a disagreement between Democrats that did not want to increase spending without a corresponding increase in taxes and Republicans, who were adamantly opposed to any tax increases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Economic_Stabilization_Act_of_2008

Offline olde north church

Democrats and Independents will pick up the lost GOP votes.  JEB will whine impotently.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Naw, we need more compromise across the aisle stuff. That has proven to work?? How come the RINOGOP are always crossing the aisle, never the LIBS. You probably supported the KING of Flip Flops MITTENS. He did well to. If you understood anything about the business's TRUMP was in you would laugh at your own statement . By the way MOST everyone would want to be as successful as TRUMP in business except YOU of course. I know FIGHTING is hard for the RINOS to understand because they have never done it BUT get use to it because the appeasement crap does not and will not work?? lets try some REAL hopey, changey thing but from a conservative viewpoint. Thus far most people are buying what TRUMP, CRUZ and CARSON are selling.

We don't need either. What we need is a Statesman, a champion of Conservative values that attracts everyone to Conservatism, not one that just appeals to base instincts and emotions.  We need a Reagan, not a Jerry Springer. Trump, in his business practice, is in large part responsible for creating the false image of capitalism as the corrupt, cronyism you see today. He didn't champion free markets, he corrupted capitalism and bent it to what he needed. He is now doing that with politics. He isn't championing Conservative values, he is bending politics to do his bidding and just like he and others like him did with Capitalism, he will leave it a shell of what it should be.