Author Topic: Palin: Trump getting crucified for telling the truth  (Read 3350 times)

Offline olde north church

Re: Palin: Trump getting crucified for telling the truth
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 12:30:21 pm »
If Jebbie gets the Establishment Golden Ticket, he will make Mondale's loss pale in comparison.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 12:30:25 pm »
Agreed they both draw from the same group, of deep and loud, but fairly narrow pool of voters.

The GOP party identification is 25 - 30% of the electorate, so if 30% of 30% is all in for Trump, that calculates to 9% of all voters making a lot of noise.

It does NOT mean Trump would win the general, and there is evidence he polls the worst against the democrat, of the leading GOP hopefuls.

But when you are in the middle of a crowd that is making a lot of noise over him, it sounds and feels like he is going to be a big winner.

But one poll will show only 3% of blacks will vote for him, and next day a poll will show him getting Hispanic votes lower than any recent GOP candidate. And you hear right here, that the GOP needs to focus on white votes, which are a declining part of the total.

All together it is more evidence of conservatives with math deficiencies in their education or life learning toolkits.

Check calendar. It's mid-2015. Plenty of time still for Trump to win over more primary and general election voters.

His problem is getting past the GOP field of excellent alternatives to his candidacy. But, thanks to Obama and Hillary, dmocrats are decimated. They got no one that can win. Not a chance in Hades.

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2015, 12:31:56 pm »
Check calendar. It's mid-2015. Plenty of time still for Trump to win over more primary and general election voters.

His problem is getting past the GOP field of excellent alternatives to his candidacy. But, thanks to Obama and Hillary, dmocrats are decimated. They got no one that can win. Not a chance in Hades.

I'm scratching my head trying to think of a SINGLE excellent alternative to Trump, no less a field.

Godzilla

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 07:39:15 pm »
I'm scratching my head trying to think of a SINGLE excellent alternative to Trump, no less a field.

That says more about your beliefs... when you find that Cruz, Rubio, Perry, Kasich, Carson, and the rest are worse than Trump.

bkepley

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 07:44:26 pm »
That says more about your beliefs... when you find that Cruz, Rubio, Perry, Kasich, Carson, and the rest are worse than Trump.

None of those folks have promised to be the greatest president ever have they?  It's a simple choice, greatest ever or the rest of the field.

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2015, 12:03:02 am »

I've posted my thoughts here previously.  Do a search on it.  I don't make it a habit to chew my cabbage twice.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2015, 12:12:21 am »

I can't think of a single candidate in the GOP field who WOULDN'T be an excellent alternative to Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 12:14:08 am »
I can't think of a single candidate in the GOP field who WOULDN'T be an excellent alternative to Trump.
Absolutely. :beer:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 12:16:58 am »

Let me help you ... Jeb Bush.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 12:21:55 am »
Let me help you ... Jeb Bush.

Bush is a Republican.  Donald Trump is not. He was a Democrat until the day before yesterday.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 12:33:26 am »
truth_seeker wrote above:
[[ But one poll will show only 3% of blacks will vote for him, and next day a poll will show him getting Hispanic votes lower than any recent GOP candidate. And you hear right here, that the GOP needs to focus on white votes, which are a declining part of the total. ]]

That would be me regarding the white vote.

The actual "percentage of the [national] total" doesn't matter insofar as white votes are concerned.
What DOES matter is the vote in the red states and the purple states. Whites are not in immediate danger of "losing their electoral voice" in -those states-.

Indeed, in the deep south (where blacks are at their highest percentage of the population), the white vote is the strongest, because whites vote as "an identity bloc", voting overwhelmingly for the Republican party.

It doesn't matter if Trump were to get only 3-4% of "the black vote".
NO Republican candidate is going to get more than 10% of blacks again for a long, long time (could even Ben Carson change that?).
That is going to be one enduring legacy of obama's two wins.

Regarding Hispanics, I find it quite interesting that polls show roughly 30% of Hispanics viewing Trump favorably. Actually, that's pretty durn good.
I would not expect ANY Republican candidate (including either Cruz or Rubio) to win more than 35-40% of "the Hispanic vote".

Godzilla

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2015, 12:35:09 am »

This.

ᕙ(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿) ᕗ

Godzilla

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2015, 12:38:06 am »
truth_seeker wrote above:
[[ But one poll will show only 3% of blacks will vote for him, and next day a poll will show him getting Hispanic votes lower than any recent GOP candidate. And you hear right here, that the GOP needs to focus on white votes, which are a declining part of the total. ]]

That would be me regarding the white vote.

The actual "percentage of the [national] total" doesn't matter insofar as white votes are concerned.
What DOES matter is the vote in the red states and the purple states. Whites are not in immediate danger of "losing their electoral voice" in -those states-.

Indeed, in the deep south (where blacks are at their highest percentage of the population), the white vote is the strongest, because whites vote as "an identity bloc", voting overwhelmingly for the Republican party.

It doesn't matter if Trump were to get only 3-4% of "the black vote".
NO Republican candidate is going to get more than 10% of blacks again for a long, long time (could even Ben Carson change that?).
That is going to be one enduring legacy of obama's two wins.

Regarding Hispanics, I find it quite interesting that polls show roughly 30% of Hispanics viewing Trump favorably. Actually, that's pretty durn good.
I would not expect ANY Republican candidate (including either Cruz or Rubio) to win more than 35-40% of "the Hispanic vote".

North Carolina
Virginia
Ohio
Florida
Colorado
Arizona
New Hampshire

All used to reliably vote Republican.

Not anymore.

We need these states (at least some of them) to win.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2015, 12:48:12 am »
[[ North Carolina
Virginia
Ohio
Florida
Colorado
Arizona
New Hampshire
Not anymore. ]]

Your examples prove my point.

If -- in most of the above states -- Republicans had captured 2-3% more of the white vote [than what they received], these states would have ended up in the Republican corner, instead of the 'rat corner.

Godzilla

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2015, 12:57:04 am »
[[ North Carolina
Virginia
Ohio
Florida
Colorado
Arizona
New Hampshire
Not anymore. ]]

Your examples prove my point.

If -- in most of the above states -- Republicans had captured 2-3% more of the white vote [than what they received], these states would have ended up in the Republican corner, instead of the 'rat corner.

Republicans are already reaching record high levels of white voters.

Despite that, the percentage of the voting electorate that portion makes up is shrinking in every state.

We are already at the point of diminishing returns, where each new vote costs us more votes from other groups.  (one step forward, two steps back... type of deal)

Online libertybele

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2015, 12:58:32 am »

Bush, Christie, Kasich, Gilmore.  Oh wait, they are in the GOPRINO field.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2015, 01:40:51 am »

I have at least a little respect for Governors who cut taxes. 

I can't believe Gilmore is a RINO now.  I suspect people might think that because he ran the RNC for a year, but he quit/was forced out by Rove.  I think he would be surprised to find out he was part of the Establishment. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/12/01/gilmore-resigns-rnc-post-may-run-again-in-va/87f67796-a2f2-4d62-8e56-5bc09692c792/
However, relations between the often autocratic Virginian and Bush's political team were always tense, prompting speculation in Washington and Richmond that he was about to be fired or was on the verge of quitting. The speculation intensified after the Nov. 6 elections, when Democrat Mark R. Warner carried Virginia and James E. McGreevey, another Democrat, won the governorship in New Jersey.

I think Gilmore would make a fantastic President but he is unknown to most people.

Online libertybele

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2015, 02:02:05 am »
I have at least a little respect for Governors who cut taxes. 

I can't believe Gilmore is a RINO now.  I suspect people might think that because he ran the RNC for a year, but he quit/was forced out by Rove.  I think he would be surprised to find out he was part of the Establishment. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/12/01/gilmore-resigns-rnc-post-may-run-again-in-va/87f67796-a2f2-4d62-8e56-5bc09692c792/
I think Gilmore would make a fantastic President but he is unknown to most people.

There isn't a whole lot of difference between Gilmore and Jeb, except Gilmore believes that more gun convictions means less violent crimes.   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2015, 02:20:40 am »
There isn't a whole lot of difference between Gilmore and Jeb, except Gilmore believes that more gun convictions means less violent crimes.
Gilmore is on the  Board of Directors of the NRA.  Where are you getting your information?

bkepley

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2015, 02:32:15 am »

Trump has promised he will be the Greatest President Ever.  None of those guys have taken the vow. I think you get where I'm coming from.

Godzilla

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2015, 02:48:55 am »
I will be the greatest thing of all times.  Nothing will ever top my greatness.  EVER!

All things, great and small... pay homage to my awesome awesomeness.  I am the light unto all the nations of the world and a beacon for all the universe.

Bow and pay homage to my truly amazingly amazing awesomely awesome amazing awesomeness.

Now, be a good little peon and vote for my amazingly awesome awesomeness.

(Trump has nothing on my awesomely superior greatness!)

Oceander

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2015, 03:32:34 am »
All I can say of Ms. Palin is that she went into 2008 with a whole heck of a lot of potential, and she squandered it in ridiculous shenanigans and "reality" tv.

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2015, 03:35:29 am »
I will be the greatest thing of all times.  Nothing will ever top my greatness.  EVER!

All things, great and small... pay homage to my awesome awesomeness.  I am the light unto all the nations of the world and a beacon for all the universe.

Bow and pay homage to my truly amazingly amazing awesomely awesome amazing awesomeness.

Now, be a good little peon and vote for my amazingly awesome awesomeness.

(Trump has nothing on my awesomely superior greatness!)

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!