Author Topic: BREAKING: Shooting during live TV report in Virginia; reporter and cameraman dead  (Read 23823 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Juliet Huddy ‏@JulietHuddyTV 7m7 minutes ago

FNC:  VA police - suspect hospitalized in critical. Shot himself.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Time for the ER teams to go on their break, isn't it?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
After Shooting, Alleged Gunman Details Grievances in ‘Suicide Notes’

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-alleged-gunman-details-grievances-suicide-notes/story?id=33336339
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline musiclady

After Shooting, Alleged Gunman Details Grievances in ‘Suicide Notes’

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-alleged-gunman-details-grievances-suicide-notes/story?id=33336339

“Yes, it will sound like I am angry...I am. And I have every right to be. But when I leave this Earth, the only emotion I want to feel is peace....”

Sorry, Vester.    Peace is not what you're going to be feeling........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox reporting he died about 12:30pm
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

Let us see how they treat this  story now? It turns out he was gay. Gay full of hate. Obviously a mentally sick man.

Offline musiclady

Let us see how they treat this  story now? It turns out he was gay. Gay full of hate. Obviously a mentally sick man.

I was wondering how they were going to cover it too, flowers.

It's obviously going to be the fault of guns and white people and not the fault of the actual perp, or those who didn't help him get treatment for his mental illness, but how are they going to warp the 'gay' angle?

They'll think of a way......

Offline Lando Lincoln

I was wondering how they were going to cover it too, flowers.

It's obviously going to be the fault of guns and white people and not the fault of the actual perp, or those who didn't help him get treatment for his mental illness, but how are they going to warp the 'gay' angle?

They'll think of a way......

Yes, there will be those who link this guy's victimhood to anger, and then to the availability of guns.  All and everything will have someone else a the root cause.  Also watch for the investigative reports of the secret hateful, privileged lives of the dead innocents. 

God, I hate this.  I am not a cynical person by nature.  Never have been.  But I am sure thinking cynical things.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

Yes, there will be those who link this guy's victimhood to anger, and then to the availability of guns.  All and everything will have someone else a the root cause.  Also watch for the investigative reports of the secret hateful, privileged lives of the dead innocents. 

God, I hate this.  I am not a cynical person by nature.  Never have been.  But I am sure thinking cynical things.

I know exactly what you mean, Lando.

But we've been beaten bloody by our political enemies, and we'd be fools if we didn't react cynically to their motives and their agenda.

They WILL make guns, and the dead reporter the perps, and let the gay murderer off the hook.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
This is another example of Obama's success at solving the issues of race in America.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Punk McCauliffe didn't miss a beat, did he??

Nope! Not a one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

And now a little something to make your head explode:
...   At the White House, press secretary Josh Earnest said President Obama is disappointed and frustrated that people who oppose common sense steps to reduce gun violence have great sway over Congress.

“I think the president has also been disappointed that our political system has not responded in the way that he would like,” Earnest told reporters at the daily press briefing. “There are clear majorities in both the Democratic and Republican parties — according to many polls — for these policies. There are even some polls that indicate that there are clear majorities of gun owners that support some of these common sense steps. And yet we haven’t seen Congress take this action.”

"We have got to do something about gun violence in America," the Democratic frontrunner said. "There is so much evidence that if guns weren't readily available, if we had universal background checks ... that maybe we could prevent this kind of carnage."

Campaigning in Iowa, an emotional Hillary Clinton also called for stricter gun laws in the wake of Wednesday's tragedy.

Americans for Responsible Solutions — the gun reform group co-founded by former Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords — released a statement condemning the shooting:
We are horrified to learn that two young journalists were murdered this morning doing the jobs they loved. As they worked on a beautiful summer morning, they were murdered by an armed assailant. While we don’t yet know all the details of what happened this morning, we know that an attack like this on journalists is an affront to the values we all share.”

Our country has a gun violence problem, and shootings like these are far too common in our country. Many times, they happen behind close doors, in homes and schools and movie theaters. But this time, the horror unfolded live and on air, for all to see. Our thoughts and prayers are with those whose loved ones were taken from them this morning, with their colleagues at WDBJ7 in Roanoke, and with all Virginians as they mourn this shocking loss.
Link to story at Yahoo News

:#@$%:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

This is another example of Obama's success at solving the issues of race in America.

Ah, yes............ the 'post-racial' America we were promised....   **nononono*

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And now a little something to make your head explode:Link to story at Yahoo News

:#@$%:

Spoons make people fat don't they?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

Spoons make people fat don't they?

Nah, it is the sofa's they don't get off of.

Offline NavyCanDo

Excerpts from the murderer's manifesto:

“What sent me over the top was the church shooting. And my hollow point bullets have the victims’ initials on them."

He says has suffered racial discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying at work
 He says he has been attacked by black men and white females
 He talks about how he was attacked for being a gay, black man
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline olde north church

“What sent me over the top was the church shooting. And my hollow point bullets have the victims’ initials on them."

He says has suffered racial discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying at work

Damn, all he need was to be a cripple and he really would have been f*cked!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Oceander

Nah, it is the sofa's they don't get off of.

:silly:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Sounds like he mostly suffered from being a whiny little b****.

rangerrebew

Media 'conflicted' since TV shooter is black
Limbaugh: 'Journalists lives matter. Hands up! I'm on the air!'
Published: 16 hours ago

Radio host Rush Limbaugh said the national news media will be conflicted in their reporting on Wednesday’s slaughter of a Virginia news crew live on the air because the shooter was a black man, and his victims were white.

The shooter has been identified as Vester Flanagan, 41, who also went by the professional name of Bryce Williams. The victims are reporter Alison Parker, 24, and photographer Adam Ward, 27, who were gunned down during a live broadcast from the Bridgewater Plaza in Moneta, Virginia.

“A reporter of color is the shooter. Now there’s a conflict. Now what do they (the media) do?” asked Limbaugh on his national broadcast Wednesday. “If you take out the color [of the individuals involved] … you might not even hear about it.”

Read the main story: Gunman dead after slaughtering TV news crew

“He sued another TV station for racism a decade before he was asked to leave the Virginia station amid claims of racial bias,” Limbaugh noted. “So there’s clearly race as a motivation.”

image: http://www.wnd.com/files/2015/08/alison-parker-adam-ward-600.jpg
Shooting victims Alison Parker and Adam Ward

Shooting victims Alison Parker and Adam Ward

Limbaugh, who called the slaying “horrible” and “a despicable thing,” said the incident may make some in the media rethink their opposition to carrying guns for their own protection.

“Journalists may want to consider arming themselves as they go out now,” he explained. “Journalists’ lives matter … ‘Hands up! I’m on the air!’”

Limbaugh said because virtually everything in the news becomes politicized, this tragedy will be as well.

“I guarantee you there are probably investigative reporters trying to tie this to some political group with which they do not agree, like the tea party,” he said.

image: http://www.wnd.com/files/2014/10/rush-limbaugh-left-hand-600.jpg
Rush Limbaugh

Rush Limbaugh

Limbaugh also noted the shooter “actually videotaped himself committing this crime. He had his cell-phone camera in one hand, his gun in the other.”

So, what do YOU think? Sound off in today’s WND Poll: Has Obama helped race relations in America?

He then reportedly posted the video of the crime online.

“You want to talk about the ugly underbelly of social media,” said Limbaugh, “this is taking it to a level that nobody has ever dreamed of.”

“I don’t think we’ve ever seen anything like this. It may be an all-time first.”

Flanagan died after shooting himself.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/limbaugh-media-conflicted-since-tv-shooter-is-black/#cF8jIHM5iIbwfHht.99

rangerrebew

EXCLUSIVE: 'He was the human tape recorder': How TV murderer was criticized by bosses for appalling journalistic standards and reprimanded for wearing an Obama badge to report on elections

Vester Flanagan's appalling track record as a reporter brought to light in court papers relating to his bid to sue WDBJ for wrongful termination
    Flanagan scored 1 out of 5 in series of categories in performance review and was told his reports were confusing and 'lean on facts'
    One document called him 'the human tape recorder' for never challenging press releases or interviewees
    Flanagan told the judge he wanted a jury made up solely of African American women, and FBI and Department of Justice investigations
    Case was dismissed after CBS affiliate in Moneta, VA, issued detailed rebuttal 

By Ben Ashford In Roanoke, Virginia

Published: 17:36 EST, 26 August 2015 | Updated: 22:41 EST, 26 August 2015

Warped TV reporter Vester Lee Flanagan exasperated bosses with his 'stiff and nervous' delivery, his inability to use a teleprompter - and by wearing a President Obama badge during an election report, Daily Mail Online can reveal.

Management at WDBJ dubbed the failed newsman the 'human tape recorder' because he frequently parroted what interviewees had told him rather than doing his own journalism.

Flanagan, 41, clashed repeatedly with photojournalists, belittling them in public and intimidating them with his violent temper, according to internal reports.

He was also censured for wearing an Obama sticker while recording a segment at a polling booth during the 2012 US Presidential Election - a clear breach of journalistic impartiality.

The complaints are outlined in court papers seen by Daily Mail Online that include a scathing performance review carried out prior to his termination in Feb 2013.

Despicable: The video he posted showed him taking his former colleagues' life. Alison Parker, 24, and Adam Ward, 27, were broadcasting a live report. He also shot the woman being interviewed, Vicki Gardner

Damning: The letter which warned him that his conduct, by wearing an Obama badge as he reported on the presidential election, put him on the verge of termination

The station filed the documents to rebutt a wrongful termination claim which he had brought, claiming he was the victim of discrimination because he was black and gay. The station won the case.

Flanagan earned a dismal 1 out of 5 score in several categories for his poor communication skills and a failure to show respect to colleagues.

The veteran multimedia journalist was also criticized for missing deadlines and producing reports that were 'lean on facts' and left viewers confused.

Flanagan shot dead two of his ex-coworkers during a live TV segment Wednesday morning before committing suicide.

Viewers of the small CBS affiliate in Moneta, Virginia, watched as he gunned down 24-year-old reporter Alison Parker at close range before turning the weapon on cameraman Adam Ward, 27.

After carrying out the shocking on-air execution he fled in a rental car and committed suicide, but not before tweeting a list of complaints and a chilling first-person video of the killings.

Those complaints echoed a May 2014 court filing in which Flanagan sued the station in Roanoke General District Court, seeking unpaid wages and damages for alleged discrimination.

In a sometimes-rambling account of his time at WDBJ Flanagan accused co-workers of racially harassing him by placing a watermelon around the office.

'The watermelon would appear, then disappear, then appear and disappear, then appear and disappear again only to appear again,' he wrote in a May 2014 letter to presiding Judge Francis Burkart.

Adam Ward was the videographer for CBS affiliate WDBJ in Roanoke, Virginia before his life was cut tragically short

Flanagan also claimed he was assaulted by a photographer, subjected to a hostile working environment and wrongfully terminated.

He demanded a jury comprised entirely of African American women and independent investigations by the FBI and Justice Department.

'I realize this is the ultimate "David vs. Goliath" scenario ... however I am neither intimidated or fearful,' he added.

Burkart dismissed the case in July 2014 after a detailed rebuttal from WDBK bosses who argued there was not a 'single allegation of fact' to support Flanagan.

Furthermore they submitted pages and pages of complaints and internal emails detailing Flanagan's poor news judgment, flawed delivery and fiery temper.

'Your on air performance ... continues to be stiff and nervous,' News director Dan Dennison told Flanagan in a December 2012 email.

'You hold onto scripts with both hands; even when you have a teleprompter in the studio and never refer to them .

'This is an unnecessary crutch. Given your level of experience doing live television, our expectation is that your on-air performance should be better.'

Dennison also slammed Flanagan, who reported under the name Bryce Williams, for acting like a 'human tape recorder' and taking press releases and interviewees on face value.

'Your job as a news reporter is to dig for the truth and the facts,' he said. 'You have a tendency to repeat instead of report on many stories which leads to thinly sourced material and a lack of substance.'

Dennison also wrote to Flanagan in November 2012 to admonish him for wearing an Obama badge while reporting on voters hitting the poll booths for the US election.

'It has come to my attention that while standing in line on Tuesday, preparing to vote, you were wearing a President Obama sticker on your clothing.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3212142/The-human-tape-recorder-TV-murderer-criticized-bosses-appalling-journalistic-standards-reprimanded-wearing-Obama-badge-report-elections.html#ixzz3k0NDUyza
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sounds like he mostly suffered from being a whiny little b****.

Well, that goes without saying.  It's their world, we're just the extras.  Black, fat and gay is no way to go through life.  Creator forgive me for what I have thought.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Absolutely incredible, yet puzzling, that the United Kingdom's Daily Mail do a much better and more professional job of reporting American news.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Definitely a "must read".  It's a shame the American press isn't worth a bucket of warm hamster spit.