Author Topic: Squad' Democrat accuses Walgreens of racism for leaving Boston neighborhood: 'Shame on you'  (Read 22833 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
 Story by Kristine Parks for FOX News

Walgreens was accused of "racial discrimination" by a Democratic lawmaker in Massachusetts after the pharmacy giant closed another location in Boston.

Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., railed against the "multi-billion-dollar corporation" for their decision to pull out of the predominantly Black and Hispanic neighborhood of Roxbury during a speech on the House floor on Wednesday. It is the fourth Walgreens store to close in Boston in a little over a year.

~~~~~
"When a Walgreens leaves a neighborhood, they disrupt the entire community and they take with them baby formula, diapers, asthma inhalers, life-saving medications, and, of course, jobs. These closures are not arbitrary and they are not innocent. They are life-threatening acts of racial and economic discrimination," - said Rep. Pressley.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2831525/squad-democrat-pressley-slams-walgreens-for-closing-locations-in-minority-communities-demand-answers/
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Of Course it's racism.  SS, DD.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

When a Walgreens leaves a neighborhood, they disrupt the entire community and they take with them baby formula, diapers, asthma inhalers, life-saving medications, and, of course, jobs.
I think the problem is that Walgreens' visitors from the neighborhood who had no intention of spending money there were taking with them baby formula, diapers, asthma inhalers ... what am I saying? They probably were taking bottles of liquor, mostly.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
She can open her own store now and give out free stuff to her beloved community out of her own pockets.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online berdie

She can open her own store now and give out free stuff to her beloved community out of her own pockets.

Exactly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
She is admitting that Black people are the thieves. But, she is only pissed that they have no place to rob anymore.

According to racist Black radicals, it is fundamentally "racist" to not allow yourself to be robbed by Black people. It is surprising that she would admit all of this so openly.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

She is admitting that Black people are the thieves. But, she is only pissed that they have no place to rob anymore.
Exactly. Seems to me only a bigot would make such an assumption. Oh, wait ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think the problem is that Walgreens' visitors from the neighborhood who had no intention of spending money there were taking with them baby formula, diapers, asthma inhalers ... what am I saying? They probably were taking bottles of liquor, mostly.

And all the Percosets and Vicadin.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And all the Percosets and Vicadin.

You say that like it is a bad thing. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline The_Reader_David

According to racist Black radicals, it is fundamentally "racist" to not allow yourself to be robbed by Black people. It is surprising that she would admit all of this so openly.

Shades of Alvy Singer's father in Annie Hall:  "She's a colored woman, from Harlem!  She has no money! She's got a right to steal from us! After all, who is she gonna steal from if not us?"
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You say that like it is a bad thing.

If I were looting, that is the first shelf I would clean out.
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

They'll get a cheap mass transit line in there to some wealthy neighborhood to solve that problem.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why Walgreens is closing another store in Boston's majority Black and Latino neighborhoods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucvXmWxBQo

... lower Medicaid re-imbursement rates, not racism.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online DB

It takes a PHD to ignore the obvious...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Now, this is not Roxbury, but a CVS in Washington DC. I would hypothesize, however, that this is typical of or perhaps even just an extreme case of a more general problem.

“The only items in stock are the ones that are locked up. I did ask an employee what gets stolen the most, and they just laughed and said, ‘Everything,'” Sierra Fox added.

Source: https://nypost.com/2023/10/04/thieves-strip-shelves-bare-at-cvs-outlet-in-the-nations-capital/

Pharmacies have become like Gas Stations. Once pretty much a single product oriented store, with a major product and a few snacks and repairs in the case of the gas station, and pharmaceuticals (OTC and prescribed), a few medical supplies, and maybe a soda fountain, they have evolved into convenience stores and something similar in the case of the Pharmacies.
I remember walking into a People's Drug in MD when I was in high school (nearly a half century ago) after visiting a local, more traditional pharmacy through my childhood, and the difference was that of walking into a Modern Supermarket after having shopped at a small country store.

When the Pharmacy can't make enough money on prescriptions to compensate for the losses due to inventory control problems in the rest of the store, something has to be done, and closure is usually the simplest out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
It's the general Racism-Fascism attitude of the left in full display.

The charge of "racism" leveled at companies like CVS, is an attempt to further government involvement in industry's ability to make the best choices available to them, based on the well-being, growth and financial stability. Instead, we see pushes like DEI-based hiring in all aspects of society, from schoolteachers to pilots and beyond.

The definition of Fascism, as it denotes the relationship between industry and government, being private ownership but full government control of operations, is at the core of Pressley's concerns when she makes the comments as a representative of the Federal government.

/rant
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx