Author Topic: Donald Trump and the mob  (Read 8055 times)

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Donald Trump and the mob
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2015, 03:59:39 am »
So, when we didn't have someone with solid conservative bona fides, that was the problem.

Now that there is someone with a solid conservative record as a Governor, there's a whole new problem.

If a commitment to life, the Second Amendment, tax cuts, a reduction in the size of government and a record of empowering local school boards while taking control of schools away from unions by a candidate isn't enough to fit the bill, what is?

If that candidate is as dull as a box of socks...yes, that's a problem. Calvin Coolidge was elected before even radio.  Bush is walking sominex.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2015, 04:05:00 am »
If that candidate is as dull as a box of socks...yes, that's a problem. Calvin Coolidge was elected before even radio.  Bush is walking sominex.

Yep.  But remember, Jeb is a lifelong Republican--just like Mitch McConnell.
With about a tenth of the energy.  And just as likely to go along with the Dems.

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2015, 04:54:49 am »
Wow, you don't post here very often, but when you do they're worthless.

Say Hi! to everyone back at TOS.

ohhhh big muscle man Luis ....loves the Booosh !!!!!!!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2015, 04:55:43 am »
Yep.  But remember, Jeb is a lifelong Republican--just like Mitch McConnell.
With about a tenth of the energy.  And just as likely to go along with the Dems.
Ya know who wasn't bland?  Fidel Castro, Vladimir Lenin, Maximilien Robespierre, and Che Guevara.

and it is funny you mention go along with the rats.

Trump went along with Bill Clinton when Clinton told him to run.  He went along with $100,000 for Hillary.  He went along with big bucks for other rats.  He believes rats give us the best economy.  He likes gun control, PP, and single payer healthcare.  He went along with Obama and attacked Romney as too mean to illegals in 2012. 

Looks like real conservatives like that kind of stuff.  Its got Pizzazz!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2015, 05:39:53 am »

So, you don't want to pick a POTUS based on their credentials, their accomplishments, their visible ideological traits of their record.

You want to be entertained.

Why don't we just do an American Idol competition for POTUS?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2015, 06:23:43 am »
So, you don't want to pick a POTUS based on their credentials, their accomplishments, their visible ideological traits of their record.

I dont think the American people are going to elect someone that they can't relate to in any way...who doesn't bring something that they can connect with.  Obama would never have beaten either McCain or Romney if credentials and accomplishments were enough.  We can keep doing the same thing - nominating a blue-blood establishment milk-toast dullard - and expecting a different result I suppose.  But then to have the name "Bush" along with it?  We KNOW as well as anything can be known that another Bush is not going to be elected.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2015, 06:38:43 am »
I dont think the American people are going to elect someone that they can't relate to in any way...who doesn't bring something that they can connect with.  Obama would never have beaten either McCain or Romney if credentials and accomplishments were enough.  We can keep doing the same thing - nominating a blue-blood establishment milk-toast dullard - and expecting a different result I suppose.  But then to have the name "Bush" along with it?  We KNOW as well as anything can be known that another Bush is not going to be elected.

Or we can elect an Obama of our own.

Who needs that?

The Chinese have a mean curse: "May you live in interesting times."

I've had enough "interesting times" to last me a lifetime these past seven years.

I like the idea of a little bit of boredom.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2015, 08:33:46 am »

Luis, my friend, you need to face it. Elections for candidates for POTUS are American Idol competitions and have been since JFK at the least.

Take a good look at the current 17. All of those who have actually committed to policy - between the furthest apart you might be able to squeeze a business card on most issues (I said most, not all!!!).

If you really want to know who is going to win the nom, pick the tallest candidate with the best hair. You've got a ridiculously high chance of being right.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2015, 10:34:37 am »
Luis, my friend, you need to face it. Elections for candidates for POTUS are American Idol competitions and have been since JFK at the least.

Take a good look at the current 17. All of those who have actually committed to policy - between the furthest apart you might be able to squeeze a business card on most issues (I said most, not all!!!).

If you really want to know who is going to win the nom, pick the tallest candidate with the best hair. You've got a ridiculously high chance of being right.

In 2008, Hillary had her best chance to go all the way to the nomination. She had the inside track. But, then came along this young unknown black upstart with a funny Middle Eastern name. Barack Hussein Obama.

Does anyone here really think Obama took the nomination from Hillay because of his superior resume and policy bona fides?

No, he won because of intangibles. That's politics.

bkepley

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2015, 10:44:55 am »
In 2008, Hillary had her best chance to go all the way to the nomination. She had the inside track. But, then came along this young unknown black upstart with a funny Middle Eastern name. Barack Hussein Obama.

Does anyone here really think Obama took the nomination from Hillay because of his superior resume and policy bona fides?

No, he won because of intangibles. That's politics.

A very sizeable number of Democrats has never trusted Clinton and were looking for a way to vote against her.  Obama was the perfect opportunity.  I guess Trump is the Reublican's Obama and Jeb its Hillary.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2015, 10:49:12 am »
A very sizeable number of Democrats has never trusted Clinton and were looking for a way to vote against her.  Obama was the perfect opportunity.  I guess Trump is the Reublican's Obama and Jeb its Hillary.

In light of the events of the last seven years, who's to say that Hillary would not have been less destructive of American society than Hussein?