Author Topic: Donald Trump and the mob  (Read 8053 times)

Godzilla

Re: Donald Trump and the mob
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2015, 09:02:34 pm »
What has the anti-Trumpets is the fear of biting the hand that feeds them.  George Will, proof as front and center.  His wife is on Walker's payroll.  The Washington Establishment, yes ESTABLISHMENT, sees the end of the gravy train and they ain't put up with it without a fight.
They get the rubes riled up with the immigration, pro-life, anti-bureaucracy talk, yet amazingly, nothing gets done.  Glenn Back and his electrical piety choir meets to pray and then sacks the simpleminded for another $19.95/month to listen to his drivel.  It's not LIVs, it's VWUs.

I would highly refrain from using demeaning terminology like 'anti-trumpets'... as long as there is a call from Trump supporters to end the use of demeaning terms against lhem.

You might have heard of the concept.  "Do unto others as you have done unto you."

Godzilla

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2015, 09:08:28 pm »
Jeb is a life long RINO.  The illegal immigration population grew while he was governor and he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Historically Florida has elected far more Democratic governors than Republican. He was defeated by Chiles , (who had never lost an election 40 years and stepped down after a heart attack) the first time he ran and Bush won the second time he ran against Buddy MacCay.

His stance on illegal immigration will sink him and the popularity of his "common core" education standards is just about as popular as Obamacare.

https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-presidential-candidates/candidates/jeb-bush#article-13

Jeb served two terms as the Florida governor.  State law limits politicians to two terms as governor.  Thus, Jeb did not lose to anyone.  Furthermore, it was Charlie Christ thqt followed Jeb.  And at the time, Christ was a Republican.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2015, 09:12:12 pm »
Jeb is a life long RINO.  The illegal immigration population grew while he was governor and he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Historically Florida has elected far more Democratic governors than Republican. He was defeated by Chiles , (who had never lost an election 40 years and stepped down after a heart attack) the first time he ran and Bush won the second time he ran against Buddy MacCay.

His stance on illegal immigration will sink him and the popularity of his "common core" education standards is just about as popular as Obamacare.

https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-presidential-candidates/candidates/jeb-bush#article-13

Jeb is pro-life.

Jed is pro 2A.

Jeb cut taxes in Florida more times than any other Governor, including first a reduction and then a repeal of the state's tax on personal assets such as investments, a rollback of a school property tax, a bigger property tax break for veterans, and a property tax exemption for child care facilities. Jeb cut taxes every year that he was a Governor.

He reduced the size of government by reducing the government workforce by 13,000+ workers, with most of those jobs being either privatized, or cut altogether.

Jeb led the nation in the fight for school choice, and won. Florida's first-in-the-nation school choice program set the standard for school choice for the rest of the States. Jeb fought and defeated the unions and administrators that wanted to keep the status quo in place, and because of Jeb's fight Florida students benefited.

How did Jeb's governorship impact education in Florida?

-- In 1998, Florida’s fourth-graders scored at the bottom nationally in NAEP scores in reading and math. By 2009, they had scored above the national average in both categories.

-- Florida’s fourth-grade Hispanic students equaled or surpassed the performance of all students in 31 states.

-- Fourth-grade African American students in Florida outperform African American students in all but three states in NAEP math tests.

-- Low-income Florida elementary school students of all races rank near the top nationally in math.

-- High school graduation rates increased 21 percent, even as the requirements got tougher.

-- The number of African American and Latino students passing AP tests increased 365 percent.

Jeb is stridently pro life . In fact, on the issue of abortion, Jeb has the most conservative record of all candidates vying for the Republican nomination in 2016.

Jeb signed into law was legislation requiring that parents be notified before a minor's abortion, a bill prohibiting partial-birth abortion and a bill regulating the safety of abortion centers. Bush also championed "Choose Life" specialty license plates, the proceeds from which went to pro-life pregnancy centers in the state.

Bush opposed a ballot initiative that would have amended the state's constitution to provide $200 million over 10 years for embryonic stem cell research. And he pushed through a parental consent measure for contraception in school-based health centers. He also expanded funding for abstinence education.

Now, you seem to be one of those one-issue voters , but while you label Jeb a "RINO" because the illegal immigration population in Florida increased while he was g, I'd like to point out that the illegal alien population grew in every State, including in Texas while Ted Cruz was solicitor general, and no State government did much about it because State government are not Constitutionally empowered to do anything about immigration.

Jeb is no RINO.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

bkepley

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2015, 09:35:17 pm »
Jeb is pro-life.

Jed is pro 2A.

Jeb cut taxes in Florida more times than any other Governor, including first a reduction and then a repeal of the state's tax on personal assets such as investments, a rollback of a school property tax, a bigger property tax break for veterans, and a property tax exemption for child
 care facilities. Jeb cut taxes every year that he was a Governor.

He reduced the size of government by reducing the government workforce by 13,000+ workers, with most of those jobs being either privatized, or cut altogether.

Jeb led the nation in the fight for school choice, and won. Florida's first-in-the-nation school choice program set the standard for school choice for the rest of the States. Jeb fought and defeated the unions and administrators that wanted to keep the status quo in place, and because of Jeb's fight Florida students benefited.

How did Jeb's governorship impact education in Florida?

-- In 1998, Florida’s fourth-graders scored at the bottom nationally in NAEP scores in reading and math. By 2009, they had scored above the national average in both categories.

-- Florida’s fourth-grade Hispanic students equaled or surpassed the performance of all students in 31 states.

-- Fourth-grade African American students in Florida outperform African American students in all but three states in NAEP math tests.

-- Low-income Florida elementary school students of all races rank near the top nationally in math.

-- High school graduation rates increased 21 percent, even as the requirements got tougher.

-- The number of African American and Latino students passing AP tests increased 365 percent.

Jeb is stridently pro life . In fact, on the issue of abortion, Jeb has the most conservative record of all candidates vying for the Republican nomination in 2016.

Jeb signed into law was legislation requiring that parents be notified before a minor's abortion, a bill prohibiting partial-birth abortion and a bill regulating the safety of abortion centers. Bush also championed "Choose Life" specialty license plates, the proceeds from which went to pro-life pregnancy centers in the state.

Bush opposed a ballot initiative that would have amended the state's constitution to provide $200 million over 10 years for embryonic stem cell research. And he pushed through a parental consent measure for contraception in school-based health centers. He also expanded funding for abstinence education.

Now, you seem to be one of those one-issue voters , but while you label Jeb a "RINO" because the illegal immigration population in Florida increased while he was g, I'd like to point out that the illegal alien population grew in every State, including in Texas while Ted Cruz was solicitor general, and no State government did much about it because State government are not Constitutionally empowered to do anything about immigration.

Jeb is no RINO.

You know how it goes Luis...Jeb tries to tell the truth about immigration and that's it..the xenophobes will not discuss things rationally and Jeb is announced a RINO.  Trump will feed the lions for a while but that's all.  In the end if he is elected he will have to deal with immigration in a rational way (if he is capable) because for one thing he's not going to be The Donald, he will be the actual leader of one of the two major parties in the US.  Does anyone really think he's got what it takes for that?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2015, 09:38:34 pm »
You know how it goes Luis...Jeb tries to tell the truth about immigration and that's it..the xenophobes will not discuss things rationally and Jeb is announced a RINO.  Trump will feed the lions for a while but that's all.  In the end if he is elected he will have to deal with immigration in a rational way (if he is capable) because for one thing he's not going to be The Donald, he will be the actual leader of one of the two major parties in the US.  Does anyone really think he's got what it takes for that?

Politics is the art of the possible.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

bkepley

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2015, 09:44:26 pm »

It's a cute phrase I suppose but can you provide a meaningful example of what it means?

Godzilla

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2015, 09:51:04 pm »
It's a cute phrase I suppose but can you provide a meaningful example of what it means?

Crafting the US Constitution for one.  We have two houses of Congress because our small states would not accept a Congress based on population and our large states would not accept an equal number of representatives regardless of population.

Same for the electoral college.

And the infamous 3/5ths compromise.

Just to name three off the top of my head.

bkepley

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2015, 10:02:50 pm »
Crafting the US Constitution for one.  We have two houses of Congress because our small states would not accept a Congress based on population and our large states would not accept an equal number of representatives regardless of population.

Same for the electoral college.

And the infamous 3/5ths compromise.

Just to name three off the top of my head.

Ok..I get it..an inside joke?  I was unfamiliar with the phrase and was thinking he was applying it to the rise of political personalities in history.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2015, 10:04:11 pm »

Ronald Reagan and "Tip" O'Neill.

Godzilla

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2015, 10:09:01 pm »
Ok..I get it..an inside joke?  I was unfamiliar with the phrase and was thinking he was applying it to the rise of political personalities in history.

???

It's a pretty stock definition of politics.

It is attributed to Bismarck.

'Die Politik ist die Lehre vom Möglichen.'

And it is core to realpolitik.

bkepley

« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2015, 10:11:23 pm »
Ronald Reagan and "Tip" O'Neill.

Ronald Reagan spent a long, long time establishing himself as head of his party.  What about "Tip"?  He did not?

bkepley

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2015, 10:13:40 pm »
???

Well ok fine.  I was asking how it applies to Trump?

bkepley

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2015, 10:20:29 pm »
???

This is bizarre come to think of it.  If there are two men more unlike than Trump and Bismark I can't imagine them.  Also if there was a man who displayed that politics is "the art of the possible" it wasn't Bismark.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2015, 10:33:55 pm »
Ronald Reagan spent a long, long time establishing himself as head of his party.  What about "Tip"?  He did not?

The relationship between Reagan and O'Neill is a case study in the art of the possible when bipartisanship and real government is the goal of our leaders in government.

We are now in an era where the obvious goal of both factions in government is to rule over the other side. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:35:13 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

bkepley

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2015, 10:42:18 pm »
The relationship between Reagan and O'Neill is a case study in the art of the possible when bipartisanship and real government is the goal of our leaders in government.

We are now in an era where the obvious goal of both factions in government is to rule over the other side.

Come on, I tend to idolize the past but Reagan and Tip?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2015, 10:57:33 pm »
Jeb is pro-life.

Jed is pro 2A.

Jeb cut taxes in Florida more times...

Jeb is no RINO.

The problems with Jeb Bush aren't that he's a RINO...he's not.  The problems are that he's so bland that they are going to have to change the listed ingredients of milk-toast to include his DNA. The man makes Edmund Muskie look like the life of the party.  He gives a bad name to wallflowers.  The second is that he's next in the dynasty...I don't know many even here enthused about going back to that well.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

bkepley

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2015, 11:05:16 pm »
The problems with Jeb Bush aren't that he's a RINO...he's not.  The problems are that he's so bland that they are going to have to change the listed ingredients of milk-toast to include his DNA. The man makes Edmund Muskie look like the life of the party.  He gives a bad name to wallflowers.  The second is that he's next in the dynasty...I don't know many even here enthused about going back to that well.

It's a hard point to argue against.  If Jeb actually wants to win he needs to start showing it now and to Hell with the "good old days".

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2015, 11:44:34 pm »

So, when we didn't have someone with solid conservative bona fides, that was the problem.

Now that there is someone with a solid conservative record as a Governor, there's a whole new problem.

If a commitment to life, the Second Amendment, tax cuts, a reduction in the size of government and a record of empowering local school boards while taking control of schools away from unions by a candidate isn't enough to fit the bill, what is?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2015, 11:46:13 pm »
It's a hard point to argue against.  If Jeb actually wants to win he needs to start showing it now and to Hell with the "good old days".

So, your advice is for Jeb to walk away from talking about his record as a solid conservative, and join the Trump freak show?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2015, 11:47:17 pm »
Come on, I tend to idolize the past but Reagan and Tip?

You need to do some reading.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2015, 11:48:06 pm »
So, when we didn't have someone with solid conservative bona fides, that was the problem.

Now that there is someone with a solid conservative record as a Governor, there's a whole new problem.

If a commitment to life, the Second Amendment, tax cuts, a reduction in the size of government and a record of empowering local school boards while taking control of schools away from unions by a candidate isn't enough to fit the bill, what is?

11513 11513 11513 11513 11513
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

bkepley

« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2015, 12:03:49 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/lawmaker-news/235409-how-ronald-reagan-and-tip-oneill-would-make-this-congress

I remember Tip insulting Reagan openly and often.  At the time Republicans had been out of power in congress for about 50 years. Reagan treated Tip with much more respect than he deserved.  I think at this time we have no need to treat the Dems as if Harry Reid was only treating us the way we deserved to be treated, unless Bismark can prove it is for our own good in the end of course.

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2015, 12:15:37 am »

LUIS, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU AND JETHRO BOOOSH !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kgqyWmD9LQ

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2015, 03:26:37 am »

LUIS, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU AND JETHRO BOOOSH !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kgqyWmD9LQ

Wow, you don't post here very often, but when you do they're worthless.

Say Hi! to everyone back at TOS.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:27:20 am by Luis Gonzalez »