Author Topic: Donald Trump and the mob  (Read 8022 times)

Offline evadR

Re: Donald Trump and the mob
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2015, 03:06:58 am »
t_s was just making an observation, a passing comment.

People are so anxious to jump on Trump that any tiny word or inflection triggers an attack response.

It's really amazing to watch.
It's more than amazing AC, it's a form of mania.
If you say ANYTHING than isn't negative about Trump, you are automatically a "Trump supporter".
You can't reason with it, it's what they do, it's all they do, and they won't stop...EVER!!
(from the Terminator)
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

bkepley

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2015, 03:25:20 am »
If you say ANYTHING than isn't negative about Trump, you are automatically a "Trump supporter".
You can't reason with it, it's what they do, it's all they do, and they won't stop...EVER!!
(from the Terminator)

Strange but from where I sit it is exactly the opposite.  No criticism is allowed of Trump no matter how stupid he sounds.  Trump is going to right all the wrongs committed by the RINOs over the years and you best not even think of voting for Jeb or Grahamnesty.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 03:45:59 am »
Strange but from where I sit it is exactly the opposite.  No criticism is allowed of Trump no matter how stupid he sounds.  Trump is going to right all the wrongs committed by the RINOs over the years and you best not even think of voting for Jeb or Grahamnesty.

I haven't heard any real, actual, criticism from you yet. "He's a poopie head" doesn't qualify as critical analysis.

bkepley

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2015, 03:48:25 am »
I haven't heard any real, actual, criticism from you yet. "He's a poopie head" doesn't qualify as critical analysis.

When did I say that?  It's much more likely that your hero would say that.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2015, 03:57:53 am »
When did I say that?  It's much more likely that your hero would say that.

He's not my hero. He's a guy running for president, same as that heavyweight Jim Gilmore. ... Did you ever state who you favor, btw?

bkepley

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2015, 04:10:55 am »
He's not my hero. He's a guy running for president, same as that heavyweight Jim Gilmore. ... Did you ever state who you favor, btw?

Who do I favor BTW?  By the time I get to vote it's over same as EdinVa.  I would love for someone to come out strong.  Cruz..Walker..Rubio..followed by all the rest.  They must be able to win. I would never vote for Trump.  This country and the GOP may not be perfect but they deserve more respect than Trump has given.  Trump as US president is an abomination.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2015, 04:41:45 am »
Who do I favor BTW?  By the time I get to vote it's over same as EdinVa.  I would love for someone to come out strong.  Cruz..Walker..Rubio..followed by all the rest.  They must be able to win. I would never vote for Trump.  This country and the GOP may not be perfect but they deserve more respect than Trump has given.  Trump as US president is an abomination.

I don't think Trump is disrespecting the country at all, in fact he IS American culture, crass consumerism and all. And as for the GOP, they and a few 'rat congressmen are in process of trying to "take Trump out."

What would you do if you were the target of a political take down?

Well, Trump has a -hehe- trump card. 3rd party. Reince Priebus can't handle Trump.

So that leaves us with a very determined, success oriented billionaire with his eye on the presidency.

Just an observation, I haven't declared, but Trump is used to getting what he wants. Just an observation, don't jump on me.

Trump could be our next president.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2015, 06:18:48 am »
(from the Terminator)
I hear what your saying evadR2, and I'll be honest...Trump is all I want to talk about.
I know I should be reading about Hillary's email, or ISIS, or PP...but Trump is all consuming, and I don't think that will change until Trump says something that offends his base of support (probably over immigration), and one of the other 17 candidates takes the lead.  I thought insulting McCain and American POWs, or Megan Kelly and women, or the GOP and Reagan would have done it...but eventually Trump will be an embarrassment to the right wing.  Dat how he do.

Hey kids!  Remember when Trump was polling at 26% in a crowed field back in April...of 2011?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/poll-donald-trump-beating-entire-gop-field-by-9-points

I've seen this show before.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2015, 01:12:22 pm »
I don't think Trump is disrespecting the country at all, in fact he IS American culture, crass consumerism and all. And as for the GOP, they and a few 'rat congressmen are in process of trying to "take Trump out."

What would you do if you were the target of a political take down?

Well, Trump has a -hehe- trump card. 3rd party. Reince Priebus can't handle Trump.

So that leaves us with a very determined, success oriented billionaire with his eye on the presidency.

Just an observation, I haven't declared, but Trump is used to getting what he wants. Just an observation, don't jump on me.

Trump could be our next president.

What has the anti-Trumpets is the fear of biting the hand that feeds them.  George Will, proof as front and center.  His wife is on Walker's payroll.  The Washington Establishment, yes ESTABLISHMENT, sees the end of the gravy train and they ain't put up with it without a fight.
They get the rubes riled up with the immigration, pro-life, anti-bureaucracy talk, yet amazingly, nothing gets done.  Glenn Back and his electrical piety choir meets to pray and then sacks the simpleminded for another $19.95/month to listen to his drivel.  It's not LIVs, it's VWUs.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:13:16 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2015, 01:31:15 pm »

Why would anyone vote for Jeb?  He is openly pro-amnesty.  Contrary to what the RINO's would have you believe he was a lousy governor involved in land-grab scams and is up to his ears in corruption.  He appeals to those who believe that the Republican party establishment elite actually stands for something.

I don't think he represents all the wrong committed by the RINO's but rather by the Washington establishment or should I say Washington Cartel in general.  His appeal isn't limited to the Republicans, he has the attention of the Independents and some DEMS as well.  Politically correct he is not and many find that appealing.

I am not a huge Trump fan, but I would take my chances with him as president over Jeb any day.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:32:18 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

bkepley

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2015, 01:38:35 pm »
Why would anyone vote for Jeb?  He is openly pro-amnesty.  Contrary to what the RINO's would have you believe he was a lousy governor involved in land-grab scams and is up to his ears in corruption.  He appeals to those who believe that the Republican party establishment elite actually stands for something.

I don't think he represents all the wrong committed by the RINO's but rather by the Washington establishment or should I say Washington Cartel in general.  His appeal isn't limited to the Republicans, he has the attention of the Independents and some DEMS as well.  Politically correct he is not and many find that appealing.

I am not a huge Trump fan, but I would take my chances with him as president over Jeb any day.

That's what you'd be doing all right, taking your chances by voting for a Democrat, friend of Bill and Joker.  Yes I would vote for Bush over Trump any day and be very proud of it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2015, 01:54:39 pm »
That's what you'd be doing all right, taking your chances by voting for a Democrat, friend of Bill and Joker.  Yes I would vote for Bush over Trump any day and be very proud of it.

The Bushes have rubbed elbows with the Clintons for years. Why aren't you upset about that?

The subset of millionaires is pretty small. When you get up to the billionaire category, those folks make hundreds of contacts by necessity of business, socializing etc...

Newt Gingrich made a commercial with Hillary Clinton on the beach, remember that one? I still respect Newt Gingrich, don't you?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2015, 02:05:15 pm »
For whatever it's worth here is my personal list of current republican candidates ranked in the order that I would actually vote if the election were held today!

•  Scott Walker 

•  Ted Cruz 
 • Rick Perry
 •  Bobby Jindal
 •  Mike Huckabee
 •  Dr. Ben Carson
 •  Carly Fiorina

•  Chris Christie
•  Jeb Bush
•  John Kasich
•  Marco Rubio
•  Rick Santorum
•  Rand Paul 
•  Jim Gilmore
•  Donald Trump 
•  Lindsey Graham

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2015, 02:10:48 pm »
The Bushes have rubbed elbows with the Clintons for years. Why aren't you upset about that?

The subset of millionaires is pretty small. When you get up to the billionaire category, those folks make hundreds of contacts by necessity of business, socializing etc...

Newt Gingrich made a commercial with Hillary Clinton on the beach, remember that one? I still respect Newt Gingrich, don't you?

The Bushes and Gingrich have been much more reliably Republican than Trump in my opinion who would do about anything that advertises his name.  At least Gingrich never spouted that he would marry Obama.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2015, 02:35:51 pm »
Jeb Bush is a life-long Republican.

Donald Trump was a Democrat until a few years ago.

Jeb has always been stridently pro-life

Trump is pro-choice.

Jeb has always been a strong defender of the Second Amendment.

Trump believes in gun control.

Jeb cut taxes dozens of times as governor.

Trump openly supports higher taxes.

Ken opposes socialized medicine.

Trump supports single-payer health care.

Jeb reduced the size of government, created the nation's first school choice program, busted the teacher's union hold on education in the State and brought prosperity and wealth to Florida during his tenure.

Trump used eminent domain, paid off politicians and didn't pay his debts in order to increase his personal wealth.

Yeah...

Trump 2016...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:37:04 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline evadR

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2015, 03:35:51 pm »
For whatever it's worth here is my personal list of current republican candidates ranked in the order that I would actually vote if the election were held today!

•  Scott Walker 

•  Ted Cruz 
 • Rick Perry
 •  Bobby Jindal
 •  Mike Huckabee
 •  Dr. Ben Carson
 •  Carly Fiorina

•  Chris Christie
•  Jeb Bush
•  John Kasich
•  Marco Rubio
•  Rick Santorum
•  Rand Paul 
•  Jim Gilmore
•  Donald Trump 
•  Lindsey Graham

Looks good to me except I would switch the top 2.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2015, 03:54:05 pm »
Well, I think we can safely count out Perry, Paul, Jindal, Gilmore, Graham, Santorum and Christie.  They are polling very poorly and trailing in the polls. 

Bush and Rubio will be players for the long run; the establishment as wells as the RNC will continue to back them. They are their only hope.

I think Trump, Carson, Cruz, Walker Huckabee Fiorina, will continue to rise in the polls.  I'm no t so sure on Kasich.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2015, 04:12:33 pm »
Looks good to me except I would switch the top 2.

I don't actually get to vote until March 1, 2016 so that list is very much subject to change between now and then. I doubt that the names in the top tier will change but some of them may well be gone by then.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2015, 04:26:40 pm »
Jeb is a life long RINO.  The illegal immigration population grew while he was governor and he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Historically Florida has elected far more Democratic governors than Republican. He was defeated by Chiles , (who had never lost an election 40 years and stepped down after a heart attack) the first time he ran and Bush won the second time he ran against Buddy MacCay.

His stance on illegal immigration will sink him and the popularity of his "common core" education standards is just about as popular as Obamacare.

https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-presidential-candidates/candidates/jeb-bush#article-13

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2015, 05:39:14 pm »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2015, 07:57:50 pm »
Yet we never see that photo of Jeb and Valerie Jarrett here, do we?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2015, 08:19:50 pm »
Yet we never see that photo of Jeb and Valerie Jarrett here, do we?
What is stopping you? and who besides Luis supports Jeb?

Offline evadR

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2015, 08:42:01 pm »
Don't know how to post a pic so here ya go..

https://twitter.com/johncbussey/status/539566657841020929

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2015, 08:58:22 pm »

https://twitter.com/johncbussey/status/539566657841020929

Here's the pic:

Follow

John Bussey
‏@johncbussey
Valerie Jarrett, Rupert Murdoch, and Jeb Bush tonight at #WSJCEOCouncil

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2015, 08:58:32 pm »

Right-click on desired image......choose "copy image location"....paste "image location link".... insert at end of image location link.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald