Author Topic: Donald Trump: 'I Go Out Of My Way To Use The Word Christmas' [VIDEO]  (Read 3343 times)

Godzilla

Re: Donald Trump: 'I Go Out Of My Way To Use The Word Christmas' [VIDEO]
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 10:20:59 pm »
The politically correct term is "Holidays" as in Happy Holidays, which the left, or that large proportion of the left, that resents Christianity and America's heritage of Christian majority will use exclusively.

It depends on the situation.

If you know that the person you are greeting is not Christian and you say, "Merry Christmas"... you are just being an @$$.  Just the same as a Muslim greeting you with an " Allah Akbar!".

But if you don't know the person's religion... it's perfectly fine. (or if they are Christian as well)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:21:42 pm by Godzilla »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 10:25:28 pm »
So?? It doesn't mean he is qualified to be President..

Nope.

No more than I am, cause I do the same thing, and I sure ain't qualified.  :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 10:26:22 pm »
It depends on the situation.

If you know that the person you are greeting is not Christian and you say, "Merry Christmas"... you are just being an @$$.  Just the same as a Muslim greeting you with an " Allah Akbar!".

But if you don't know the person's religion... it's perfectly fine. (or if they are Christian as well)

I don't know a single person who would do such a stupid thing......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Godzilla

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 10:31:06 pm »
I don't know a single person who would do such a stupid thing......

Unfortunately, I've had the misfortune of having two supervisors that, when just shooting the bull, admitted that they go out of their way to do that... to remind their non-Christian workers how they aren't following the Gospel.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2015, 10:38:19 pm »

For many the fearless bucking of political correctness is a qualification that has been sorely missing.  At the very least it's damn refreshing.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2015, 10:39:28 pm »
I agree. This one thing wouldn't qualify anyone to be president.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

bkepley

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2015, 10:49:19 pm »
Well anyway, isn't it funny what topics create the most traffic?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2015, 10:50:32 pm »
Political culture has tried to ruin simple traditional customs and rituals, with political correctness their weapon of choice.

Happy festivus everyone!

And to all, a good night...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2015, 11:34:33 pm »
Unfortunately, I've had the misfortune of having two supervisors that, when just shooting the bull, admitted that they go out of their way to do that... to remind their non-Christian workers how they aren't following the Gospel.

I guess the Christians I know actually act like it.