Author Topic: Donald Trump: 'I Go Out Of My Way To Use The Word Christmas' [VIDEO]  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Alex Pappas
The Daily Caller
August 21, 2015

... Trump: "I go out of my way to use the word Christmas."
More

bkepley

Re: Donald Trump: 'I Go Out Of My Way To Use The Word Christmas' [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 07:44:23 pm »
Hmmm... :pondering:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 07:46:35 pm »
Actually, I do too.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

bkepley

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 07:54:04 pm »
Actually, I do too.

It's about like going out of your way to use the word "doorknob".   I use the word "Christmas" when it's required.  What am I supposed to use?  "Blankmas"?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 07:57:35 pm »
It's about like going out of your way to use the word "doorknob".   I use the word "Christmas" when it's required.  What am I supposed to use?  "Blankmas"?

The politically correct term is "Holidays" as in Happy Holidays, which the left, or that large proportion of the left, that resents Christianity and America's heritage of Christian majority will use exclusively.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

bkepley

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 08:14:18 pm »
The politically correct term is "Holidays" as in Happy Holidays, which the left, or that large proportion of the left, that resents Christianity and America's heritage of Christian majority will use exclusively.

Trump might have meant in regards to business he goes out of his way to use the word Christmas which would make some sense.  A person would have to be a little eccentric to go out of the way to say the word "Christmas".

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 08:16:55 pm »

Not even close, bkepley.

You know, just because you don't support Trump doesn't mean that you have to disagree with every single thing he says.

I can't tolerate the guy, but on this, he's right.

Merry Christmas it is........... very deliberate, and constant.  People are afraid to say the word because the PC crowd has gone berserk, and it feels good to say it out loud, and proclaim the real 'reason for the Season.'

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

bkepley

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 08:19:19 pm »
Not even close, bkepley.

You know, just because you don't support Trump doesn't mean that you have to disagree with every single thing he says.

I can't tolerate the guy, but on this, he's right.

Merry Christmas it is........... very deliberate, and constant.  People are afraid to say the word because the PC crowd has gone berserk, and it feels good to say it out loud, and proclaim the real 'reason for the Season.'

I don't know anyone who's afraid to say Christmas and I live in a very liberal city.  Must be pretty crazy where you're  living.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 08:21:49 pm »
I don't know anyone who's afraid to say Christmas and I live in a very liberal city.  Must be pretty crazy where you're  living.
You must not get out much.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 08:29:39 pm »

Seriously!!

The county I'm in is more than 60% Republican.  Not exactly a liberal mecca!  ^-^

bkepley

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 08:30:08 pm »

To me it's insane.  You are serious that people you know or even yourself are afraid to say the word "Christmas".  Bizarre!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 08:31:01 pm »

You're clearly unaware of the influence of the leftist cabal on culture.

I do suggest that you get out more......

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 08:32:11 pm »
To me it's insane.  You are serious that people you know or even yourself are afraid to say the word "Christmas".  Bizarre!

"Even yourself??????"

Try reading the actual words when you discuss things, bkepley.  You're all mixed up.....

bkepley

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 08:35:57 pm »
Calm down.  We both agree that it's insane.  Here even where I work we have no problem putting up "Merry Christmas" or sending cards.  Where you live must be full of some pretty neurotic people or maybe you need to make new friends.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 08:40:12 pm »

When I had my business, I would always say "Merry Christmas" to my customers when they were buying something at Christmas-time.  When that whole PC crap started - I would say Merry Christmas and some of my customers would look at me kind of funny. So I stopped saying it.  But I hated it because Christmas is a merry time - especially if you have a retail business.  I love the whole thing of decorating my shop, playing Christmas music, having trays of cookies and hot spiced cider - just so jolly! 

So I started saying it again and I felt better.  I never got any complaints and just a few strange looks - but most people would just say Merry Christmas back!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 08:41:21 pm »
Calm down.  We both agree that it's insane.  Here even where I work we have no problem putting up "Merry Christmas" or sending cards.  Where you live must be full of some pretty neurotic people or maybe you need to make new friends.

Well, I suppose I should be thankful that among your insults, you didn't call me a moron..........

(And I'm completely calm, sweetie.....)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 08:43:35 pm »
When I had my business, I would always say "Merry Christmas" to my customers when they were buying something at Christmas-time.  When that whole PC crap started - I would say Merry Christmas and some of my customers would look at me kind of funny. So I stopped saying it.  But I hated it because Christmas is a merry time - especially if you have a retail business.  I love the whole thing of decorating my shop, playing Christmas music, having trays of cookies and hot spiced cider - just so jolly! 

So I started saying it again and I felt better.  I never got any complaints and just a few strange looks - but most people would just say Merry Christmas back!

Yes, indeed.

Those who have been intimidated by the stupid PC culture are happy that someone has the courage to say a simple "Merry Christmas!"

The looks are probably from people who somehow have been brainwashed into thinking it's morally reprehensible to recognize the reason we even HAVE a 'Holiday' in December.

bkepley

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 08:44:25 pm »

Are you sure you were not just a little gun-shy?  Maybe the whole PC thing was just making you fearful so that you imagined you were getting more "funny" looks.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 08:56:42 pm »
Did he say this this week?

If so, "going out of [his] way" is an understatement. Can we wait until November before we start bringing up the "C" word? Please?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 09:00:16 pm »
Are you sure you were not just a little gun-shy?  Maybe the whole PC thing was just making you fearful so that you imagined you were getting more "funny" looks.

You are so far out of line it's not even funny..........

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 09:05:57 pm »

I was gun-shy.  These Word Police have everyone scared.  If you say the right thing to the wrong person - they can bring your business down, or at least cause you some unwanted discomfort. 

I had already experienced several ass-hole liberals coming into my shop to tell me they would never shop there again because I had an American flag sign in my window after 9/11 - supporting President Bush.

I used to listen to talk radio behind the counter - and one day I had two separate people at different times - walk in the door and announce loudly - that they WERE going to shop here until they heard Rush Limbaugh on the radio - and then they turned and walked out.

Funny thing was, when the second guy came in and said that - it was Sean Hannity on the radio!

:silly:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 09:26:38 pm »
Trump might have meant in regards to business he goes out of his way to use the word Christmas which would make some sense.  A person would have to be a little eccentric to go out of the way to say the word "Christmas".

Your 'patheticness' grows by the day.

You can't see the word 'Trump' in a sentence without rushing in here to badmouth him.  You don't like him.  We get it.

But don't be obtuse, bkepley.  You know damned full well what he meant by saying he goes out of his way to say the word "Christmas" during the appropriate holiday season.

A lot of us here in the forum probably do the same thing.  Our little effort to put Christ back into Christmas.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 09:59:00 pm »
Here's what's happening in most (if not all) of America:  employees of stores are instructed not to say "Merry Christmas," for fear of offending someone. So they say, "Happy holidays" or words to that effect. We who are not offended by the words "Merry Christmas" continue to say it, whether we are the shopkeepers or the customers. So, no, bkepley, we are not "fearful." We are saying boldly whatever we want to say. It's disingenous to act like this is not going on, however. One must live under a rock to believe that there is no overt campaign against recognizing the religous aspects of the December holidy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2015, 10:00:47 pm »
Here's what's happening in most (if not all) of America:  employees of stores are instructed not to say "Merry Christmas," for fear of offending someone. So they say, "Happy holidays" or words to that effect. We who are not offended by the words "Merry Christmas" continue to say it, whether we are the shopkeepers or the customers. So, no, bkepley, we are not "fearful." We are saying boldly whatever we want to say. It's disingenous to act like this is not going on, however. One must live under a rock to believe that there is no overt campaign against recognizing the religous aspects of the December holidy.

Amen!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 10:11:46 pm »
So?? It doesn't mean he is qualified to be President..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/