Author Topic: This e-mail story just keeps getting worse for Hillary Clinton  (Read 401 times)

bkepley

Chris Cillizza
WP
Here's why. Remember that back in March, following the revelation that Clinton had exclusively used a private e-mail address during her time at State -- going against Obama Administration protocol in the process -- she insisted that the server would not -- and need not -- be turned over to a third party. “I believe I have met all of my responsibilities, and the server will remain private," she told a reporter during a press conference at the United Nations. And, her lawyer, David Kendall, said in a letter to a congressional committee seeking the server that there was “no basis” to support a third-party examination of it.

Clinton will portray her decision to turn over the server as entirely voluntary -- she just wants all the facts out and for this to be resolved. But, she quite clearly was resistant to doing just that as recently as March, insisting, in essence, that there was nothing to see here.

Use common sense.  If you had your own private e-mail server, would you rather keep it private or allow a third party -- ANY third party -- to inspect it?  I mean, come on.  Also, if you HAD voluntarily turned it over, would your spokesman not comment on whether you were told to give it over or whether you did it on your own?  The answer is no.

More here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/12/this-e-mail-story-keeps-getting-worse-for-hillary-clinton/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: This e-mail story just keeps getting worse for Hillary Clinton
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 04:32:15 pm »
The WP says "e-mail story just keeps getting worse for Hillary Clinton" then my intuition is she is in serious political trouble.

Can she withstand 15 months of daily charges of cover-up, of willful security risks, of political manipulations, etc.?

It looks like the democrat party is getting ready for the alternative, to her "inevitability."

Pretty stupid, pretty arrogant, for her and hubby to think they could waltz back into the WH by using a private server, when simply following the rules would have worked.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 04:37:48 pm »
The WP says "e-mail story just keeps getting worse for Hillary Clinton" then my intuition is she is in serious political trouble.

Can she withstand 15 months of daily charges of cover-up, of willful security risks, of political manipulations, etc.?

It looks like the democrat party is getting ready for the alternative, to her "inevitability."

Pretty stupid, pretty arrogant, for her and hubby to think they could waltz back into the WH by using a private server, when simply following the rules would have worked.

If she was a Republican she would be in prison already!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 05:03:11 pm »

I asked a while ago. What would be better for Hil?  Daily charges or all of it coming out all at once? Seems it doesn't hurt her at all now. Then again MSM is more on Cecil and Trump than her corrupt rear end.