Author Topic: Cruz: McConnell and Reid ARm-in-Arm  (Read 321 times)

Online libertybele

Cruz: McConnell and Reid ARm-in-Arm
« on: August 08, 2015, 09:21:39 pm »
Given more "air time" during the debates, Cruz would soar.  I'm still running across people that don't even know who he is and  I'm not so sure that the moderators in the next few debates are going to allow him to gain some much needed name recognition.

Cruz: McConnell and Reid 'arm-in-arm'

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Saturday said he considers Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) political bedfellows.

Cruz argued that the pair’s collaboration is erasing the differences between Democrats and Republicans.

“Here’s the truth — Mitch McConnell and Harry Reid are arm-in-arm reauthorize the Export-Import Bank,” he told supporters at the RedState Gathering in Atlanta.

“It’s not two parties, it is one party,” added Cruz, a 2016 GOP presidential candidate. “The problem is they are not listening to us. We need to change it.”

Cruz’s remarks escalate his ongoing feud with McConnell over how the Kentucky lawmaker balances conservative principles with party leadership.

Cruz said he believes McConnell is not performing his role in ways that benefits the right wing.

“Republican leadership leads from behind every day,” Cruz said. “What exactly has this new Republican majority accomplished? In this case, our team is playing for the other side.”

“The way you change that is the grassroots holding us all accountable,” he added. “If we stand up together, the only force powerful enough to turn this country around is ‘We the People.’ ”

Cruz called on right wing activists to take a stand against the Republican establishment by supporting his Oval Office bid in 2016.

“There is a reason the energy and life is with conservatives this year,” he said. “Our country is in crisis. This is our time.”

“The media and the Democrats love to tell us a conservative can’t win,” he added. “Truth is not rhetoric. Dive down beyond the talking points and into the actual records.”

“With me, you know exactly what you’re going to get, and I’m going to do exactly what I told you I’m going to do,” Cruz said.

Cruz’s remarks inspired standing ovations and listeners chanting his name during his address in Atlanta on Saturday.

He ended his appearance by leaving the stage and entering the crowd, making him the first 2016 contender at this weekend’s RedState Gathering to do so.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/250654-cruz-mcconnell-and-reid-arm-in-arm

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.