Author Topic: Cruz Praises Megyn Kelly, Does Not Condemn Trump  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Cruz Praises Megyn Kelly, Does Not Condemn Trump
« on: August 08, 2015, 05:33:37 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/422277/cruz-praises-megyn-kelly-does-not-condemn-trump-alexis-levinson

Atlanta — Ted Cruz praised Megyn Kelly in a gaggle with reporters Satuday, but declined to say anything negative about Donald Trump or address the comments Trump made about Kelly.

“That was a decision for RedState to make,” Cruz said of RedState Gathering host Erick Erickson disinviting Trump from the event.

“I think every candidate should treat everyone else with civility and respect. That’s the standard I try to follow, it’s a standard I hope all of us aspire to. I also think that we’re not gonna solve the problems in this country, we’re not gonna defeat the Washington cartel by obsessing over the politics of personalities. This is about real challenges facing the American people. This is about bankrupting our kids and grandkids, defending the bill of rights, and restoring America’s leadership in the world. That’s where my focus has been and it’s where I intend to keep it.”

Asked to directly address the comments, Cruz praised Kelly, calling her “a terrific journalist.”

“I think she does a great job; I think she did a very good job moderating the debate,” he said. ”And I’m not gonna engage in the back and forth on personalities.”

And with that, Cruz shamelessly changed the subject.

“Let me give you a story that is infinitely more important than the momentary bickering between different political candidates, which is what has happened with Gen. Soleimani,” Cruz said, and continued to discourse on the subject for several minutes.

Cruz has been perhaps the most reluctant of the GOP field to criticize Donald Trump. His response to Trump’s comment that McCain was “not a war hero” was similar to his response today: Cruz praised McCain, but declined to say anything about Trump or his comment.

Cruz reached out to Trump and met with him in July. If Trump were to leave the presidential race at some point, many of supporters might choose to back Cruz. Asked Saturday if he was seeking to woo Trump’s voters, Cruz said he was seeking to win over every other candidate’s supporters.

“Everyone deserves respect and dignity, whether they agree with you or not. You don’t tear people down just because they disagree with you or stand up to you or question you. I deliberately seek out different views in my life and work, and I am grateful for the strong women in my family, in my office, in my cabinet and on my campaign because they improve everything they touch. - Kasich

Donald Trump has proven once again that he doesn’t have the temperament to hold our nation’s highest office. Attacking veterans, Hispanics and women demonstrates a serious lack of character and basic decency, and his comments distract from serious issues facing our country. - Perry

I agree with @CarlyFiorina, there’s no excuse for Trump’s comments. Stand with @MegynKelly. -SW — Scott Walker (@ScottWalker) August 8, 2015 .

@MegynKelly is a tough interview. Being POTUS is tougher. @GOP candidates & media need to get back to how we’re going to turn US around.-SW — Scott Walker (@ScottWalker) August 8, 2015

“Megyn Kelly is a person I’ve worked with for six and a half years at Fox News my relationship with her is one that tells me she is the quintessential and consummate professional. . . . I’ll tell you she is the one of the most beloved people in the building. She is also one of those people you don’t tangle with. She is a person who is as smart as anybody I’ve ever known, but is also as professional as anyone I’ve ever known,” - Huckabee

“Due to Donald Trump’s unrelenting and offensive attack on Megyn Kelly and others, we are at a crossroads with Mr. Trump. I applaud Erik Erickson for doing the right thing when he disinvited Donald Trump from a gathering of Republican activists. As a party, we are better to risk losing without Donald Trump than trying to win with him. Enough already with Mr. Trump.

“These statements are not worthy of the office he is seeking nor consistent with the leadership we should expect from a Commander-in-Chief in these dangerous times.” - Graham

I think we were at this same point a couple weeks ago when Trump attacked McCain.  None of it mattered then.

Offline libertybele

Re: Cruz Praises Megyn Kelly, Does Not Condemn Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 05:46:39 pm »
Because Cruz didn't attack Trump, that is considered shameless?  Really.  That's ridiculous.  First of all, he's not one to follow the crowd because that's what the crowd is touting at the time and secondly, Cruz is smart; so far he attacks only when  being attacked.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 05:48:29 pm »
Cruz is so shameless, he'll condemn members of his own party but won't say a word about an interloper who insults a woman over her hormones.

Cruz hopes to scrape up these crazies after Trump inevitably fades.  He may get them, but he'll never be the nominee.  There simply aren't enough of them in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 05:49:39 pm »
Because Cruz didn't attack Trump, that is considered shameless?  Really.  That's ridiculous.  First of all, he's not one to follow the crowd because that's what the crowd is touting at the time and secondly, Cruz is smart; so far he attacks only when  being attacked.

Not true. Cruz is constantly on the attack against his fellow GOP Senators.  That's why he gets nowhere with his proposals.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 07:14:26 pm »
“Megyn Kelly is a person I’ve worked with for six and a half years at Fox News my relationship with her is one that tells me she is the quintessential and consummate professional. . . . I’ll tell you she is the one of the most beloved people in the building. She is also one of those people you don’t tangle with. She is a person who is as smart as anybody I’ve ever known, but is also as professional as anyone I’ve ever known,” - Huckabee

Well if the ole' Huck says she is all that, then by all means poor Kelly.. :smokin:

bkepley

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 07:18:32 pm »
Well if the ole' Huck says she is all that, then by all means poor Kelly.. :smokin:

Huck used to work with her.  What do you expect him to say "bitch set him up"?

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 07:23:17 pm »
Huck used to work with her.  What do you expect him to say "bitch set him up"?
Well maybe she did! :smokin:   :whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 08:03:05 pm »
Not true. Cruz is constantly on the attack against his fellow GOP Senators.  That's why he gets nowhere with his proposals.

Cruz is constantly defending conservative principles and not pandering to the left-sided principles of the RINOGOP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.