Author Topic: Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders backs Obama's agreement with Iran  (Read 371 times)

Offline Paladin

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Bernie Sanders, a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, announced Friday he will support an agreement with Iran to limit its nuclear program.

The Vermont independent issued his statement after President Obama addressed some of Sanders’ concerns during a Friday telephone call, according to his office. He discussed his intention to vote in favor of the agreement during an interview that will be broadcast Sunday on “Face the Nation.”

“The test of a great nation is not how many wars it can engage in, but how it can resolve international conflicts in a peaceful manner,” Sanders said in the statement. “The war in Iraq, which I opposed, destabilized the entire region, helped create the Islamic State, cost the lives of 6,700 brave men and women and resulted in hundreds of thousands of others in our armed forces returning home with post-traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injuries. I fear that many of my Republican colleagues do not understand that war must be a last resort, not the first resort.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2015/08/07/presidential-candidate-bernie-sanders-backs-obamas-agreement-iran/31309535/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.