Author Topic: Conservatives Furious at Fox, Say Trump Wasn't Treated Fairly  (Read 2927 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Conservatives Furious at Fox, Say Trump Wasn't Treated Fairly
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 11:56:13 am »
I sat and watched the debate and all the commentaries afterwards.  IMHO Trump came across very arrogant and I don't think Kelly's question was out of line in the least.  I think tough questions were asked of all of them.  I was disappointed that Cruz was left out of most of the debate; obviously to me done on purpose.

The clear winner from my perspective was Huckabee; and I am not a Huckabee fan.  He came across presidential, sincere, strong and gave direct answers.

Carson - obviously not prepared politically
Rubio   - did ok and went after Clinton
Bush    - felt he was lying about Planned Parenthood and appeared timid
Paul      - yes, he definitely is a "different kind of Republican" - no brownie points scored on that one
Christie - nothing more than a quick tempered loud mouth attacking members of his own party
Kasich   - repeated the same points over and over
Cruz      - ok, somewhat too rehearsed; but honest and presidential
Walker   - didn't seem convincing or passionate

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:56:33 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 12:59:31 pm »
I was going to let this thread die as it is obvious the "battle lines" have been drawn but I will leave this last thought.

The real losers in this debate, once again, are the American people.
Once again, the media has been given the authority to pick and choose our candidates based upon the media's view of who deserves to hold office.
Once again, the people rejoice in glee that their mighty villain has been destroyed and has gone down in flaming glory.
So who will the next victim be?  You get to tell the media which head you want to roll across your living room floor and the group that yields the most advertizing dollars wins.
Who will be the next victim of the "war on women" so revered by the left?

No, I am not a member of the Trump fan club so I am less concerned with his winning the nomination than I am about the willful destruction of our electoral processes by the media and the left.
Make no mistake about it, Fox learned their lesson well from the left that any male accused by a woman of anything is guilty, no matter how truthful it is.

Remember, you get the government you deserve and unfortunately I have to live with whatever you concoct.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 01:11:50 pm »
I was going to let this thread die as it is obvious the "battle lines" have been drawn but I will leave this last thought.

Once again, the media has been given the authority to pick and choose our candidates based upon the media's view of who deserves to hold office.
Once again, the people rejoice in glee that their mighty villain has been destroyed and has gone down in flaming glory.
So who will the next victim be?  You get to tell the media which head you want to roll across your living room floor and the group that yields the most advertizing dollars wins.

No, I am not a member of the Trump fan club so I am less concerned with his winning the nomination than I am about the willful destruction of our electoral processes by the media and the left.
Make no mistake about it, Fox learned their lesson well from the left that any male accused by a woman of anything is guilty, no matter how truthful it is.

Remember, you get the government you deserve and unfortunately I have to live with whatever you concoct.

I understand your point Ed.  I do. 

But even as narrow as his escape alley was, he could have dodged and used it to his advantage.  He actually started well with his assault on the PC nonsense.  But then, his ego and mouth combined to confirm the stereotype.  It was a trap, no doubt.  He evaded it and then went back for a second look.  And now, his doubling down afterwards has been absurd.

He would never have survived the campaign with his impulses and ego.  In turn, he has made the narrative against the party worse.  It is better he fails early rather than later.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:22:13 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

bkepley

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 01:32:52 pm »

I sure hope we don't deserve Trump or any similar Kardashian candidate but rather someone a little more thoughtfull.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 01:42:19 pm »
Trump had complete control over his answers, and he blew it. No self control is why he's not Presidential timber.

Megan might have been a hatchet beeotch, but that's just the warmup for what is to come from the Lefties.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:43:52 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 01:48:27 pm »
The second GOP primary debate is scheduled for September 16 at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California. It is sponsored by CNN and Christian broadcasters, the Salem Media Group. Chief CNN Washington correspondent Jake Tapper and radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt are set to moderate.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

bkepley

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »
The second GOP primary debate is scheduled for September 16 at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California. It is sponsored by CNN and Christian broadcasters, the Salem Media Group. Chief CNN Washington correspondent Jake Tapper and radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt are set to moderate.

Definitely an improvememt on Candy Crowley.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 02:02:40 pm »

So you think that a guy who can be "trapped" into knee-jerk jerk responses to obvious bait questions by the friendlier portion of the media establishment is a guy who should be coddled and protected into the office where he will be trapped and prodded by the Mullahs, the Putins and the tin-pot dictators of the world?

This guy's ego is so out of control and so incredibly inflated that when asked whether he prepared for Thursday night's FOX News debate, Trump replied, "Let's put it this way: I've been preparing all my life."

He was going to "wing" the most important public appearance in his life, and he fully believed that he's just so good at everything that he would be able to just pull answers to complex questions out of thin air and bully his way to a victory. In addition, he began the process with a veiled threat to the entire Party membership by reminding everyone that if he wasn't handed the nomination, he would run against the Party. RINO indeed.

Just like Obama, Trump is a narcissist who has been surrounded his entire life by yes men, and who is not accustomed by people challenging him and questioning his decisions. 
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

bkepley

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2015, 02:06:45 pm »
So you think that a guy who can be "trapped" into knee-jerk jerk responses to obvious bait questions by the friendlier portion of the media establishment is a guy who should be coddled and protected into the office where he will be trapped and prodded by the Mullahs, the Putins and the tin-pot dictators of the world?

This guy's ego is so out of control and so incredibly inflated that when asked whether he prepared for Thursday night's FOX News debate, Trump replied, "Let's put it this way: I've been preparing all my life."

He was going to "wing" the most important public appearance in his life, and he fully believed that he's just so good at everything that he would be able to just pull answers to complex questions out of thin air and bully his way to a victory. In addition, he began the process with a veiled threat to the entire Party membership by reminding everyone that if he wasn't handed the nomination, he would run against the Party. RINO indeed.

Just like Obama, Trump is a narcissist who has been surrounded his entire life by yes men, and who is not accustomed by people challenging him and questioning his decisions.

He's either a narcissist or a PT Barnum.  He's not fit to be president in any case.