Author Topic: Conservatives Furious at Fox, Say Trump Wasn't Treated Fairly  (Read 2928 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=669070

Newsmax
Conservatives Furious at Fox, Say Trump Wasn't Treated Fairly
Friday, August 7, 2015 02:10 PM

By: Melanie Batley

Fox News was facing a backlash from conservatives Friday after critics felt the network was biased and unfair in the manner it approached the forum, and namely, Donald Trump.

According to Media Equalizer, tens of thousands of observers swamped social media with criticism of Fox and the moderators, with some comments attracting more than 2,000 "likes."

"This was shameful. You and Fox News did not treat the candidates fairly. You tried to make Donald J. Trump look foolish. All you did was make Fox News look foolish."

"Donald J. Trump still has my vote," said one post which appeared on the network's Facebook page and received over 2,200 "likes" just two hours after it was posted.

Another post representative of the sentiment was addressed to Fox News moderator Megyn Kelly and Fox News. It said the two "should be ashamed of themselves for their unfair demeanor towards Donald Trump. They apparently had their own agenda. Trump still did his thing though! #Trump2016"

"Megyn, you're an embarrassment to journalism. I wanted to watch a presidential debate, not a hit job by you and Fox," another observer wrote.

Twitter was also flooded with criticism of Kelly and Fox.

"Tonight's debate loser: Fox News," said one post.

"#GOPDebate NOT A DEBATE! It's @FoxNews vs @realDonaldTrump! What a disgrace! @magynkelly & @BretBaier shameful! #tcot," said another.

"WTF @FoxNews ???????? THIS DEBATE IS A SETUP TO SLAM EVERYBODY EXCEPT JEB BUSH. YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED AT THIS JOURNALISTIC DISHONESTY," someone commented.

For his part, Trump lashed out at Kelly on his Twitter page.

"Wow, @megynkelly really bombed tonight. People are going wild on twitter! Funny to watch," Trump said in one tweet.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Wow, @megynkelly really bombed tonight. People are going wild on twitter! Funny to watch.
2:40 AM - 7 Aug 2015 · Manhattan, NY, United States

"I really enjoyed the debate tonight even though the @FoxNews trio, especially @megynkelly, was not very good or professional!" he said in another tweet.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I really enjoyed the debate tonight even though the @FoxNews trio, especially @megynkelly, was not very good or professional!
2:53 AM - 7 Aug 2015 · Manhattan, NY, United States

And in an interview on Friday, he doubled down on his comments, describing the network's handling of him as "unprofessional."

Members of the political establishment also found fault with Fox.

Longtime political analyst Dick Morris said Fox News had "obvious bias."

"Their anti-Trump bias was obvious. The questions were way too negative and often too personal. The network, which is built on being fair to conservatives, was manifestly unfair to them tonight," Morris wrote.

And GOP presidential candidate Lindsey Graham said Fox News tried to make Trump look like "the biggest bastard on the planet."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Conservatives Furious at Fox, Say Trump Wasn't Treated Fairly
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:21:49 pm »
It still shouldn't have hampered Trump being able to articulate a 'fresh' thought other than the canned one-sentence soundbites he's been using since he announced.

He came across as bland, vapid and non-specific.  Anything but presidential timber.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:23:19 pm »
Kelly is all about Kelly.
She saw an opportunity to make a name for herself by "taking down" a billionaire.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 07:24:22 pm »
It still shouldn't have hampered Trump being able to articulate a 'fresh' thought other than the canned one-sentence soundbites he's been using since he announced.

He came across as bland, vapid and non-specific.  Anything but presidential timber.

And what did the other candidates do?
Repeat their records over and over and over.....
Nothing different than Trump.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 07:24:50 pm »
Trump had more airtime than any other candidate. He failed to use it wisely.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 07:26:17 pm »
She saw an opportunity to make a name for herself by "taking down" a billionaire.

IMO, she acted like a woman 'scorned'.

Maybe 'The Donald' turned her down sometime in the past...    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 07:47:09 pm »
Quality candidates can handle the degree of "gotcha" questions they got last night.

Those that can't, aren't.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 08:21:03 pm »

Indeed.  Perhaps she is auditioning for CNN or MNSBC.  Rush Limbaugh ripped her as well today.

bkepley

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 08:46:59 pm »
Trump is certainly no conservative.  I'm pretty sure I understand why newsmax would take a shot at them and by the way isn't newsmax owned by another Friend of Bill?  Everyone can play conspiracy games.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 09:55:51 pm »
Boo frickin hoo..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 11:36:59 pm »

Trump's trying to develop this "tough guy" image, taking on Mexico, and Iran and God knows who else.

Yet, he couldn't handle a little blonde who challenged his hairness on his demeaning comments about women. I guess Donald doesn't think the Democrats will throw that stuff in his face.

Trump's a one-note Charlie: I've got money and you don't.  And I know everybody and all "my people" confirm all my opinions.  He lies, constantly.  In that, he and Hillary are copasetic.

I'm marvelling at how angry Trump's followers are. Just how long can they sustain an emotion that usually peters out?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 11:40:07 pm »
Indeed.  Perhaps she is auditioning for CNN or MNSBC.  Rush Limbaugh ripped her as well today.

Rush's audience is about half of what it used to be. I'm one of those who found his schtick boring.

Rush defends Trump because they're exactly alike:  Get people pissed off and tell them what they want to hear.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 11:41:56 pm »
Trump had more airtime than any other candidate. He failed to use it wisely.

Exactly right! His campaign bought the farm last night and he did it all by himself!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 11:44:20 pm »
Exactly right! His campaign bought the farm last night and he did it all by himself!

That is how I see it was well..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 11:46:06 pm »
Quality candidates can handle the degree of "gotcha" questions they got last night.

Those that can't, aren't.
Exactly. Candidate forums (not debates, because that's not what it was) are supposed to be where tough questions are asked - and answered. Not whined about.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

bkepley

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 11:47:35 pm »
Rush's audience is about half of what it used to be. I'm one of those who found his schtick boring.

Rush defends Trump because they're exactly alike:  Get people pissed off and tell them what they want to hear.

I never found it interesting...totally "GOPe" (if that's what you want to call mainstream GOP cheerleading) but I've never liked talk anything anyway.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 01:02:36 am »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 01:15:44 am »
By Monday, Trump's numbers will begin to tank. I just can't imagine people will continue to buy what he's selling.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

bkepley

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 01:19:28 am »
By Monday, Trump's numbers will begin to tank. I just can't imagine people will continue to buy what he's selling.

Depends on the people you are talking about.

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 01:41:42 am »
Depends on the people you are talking about.
I'm sure the rats will still support him.

bkepley

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 01:47:01 am »
I'm sure the rats will still support him.

Ah yes but of course you are the enemy

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 03:05:02 am »
The calling women names question some may call over the top. I don't, because if Megan didn't ask it, believe me, MSNBC, NBC, CNN, and the rest are digging for the same gotcha material, and worse.     But be that as it may, too easily we forget about the more important question asked moments before, one that was a valid question - Who would not pledge support for the GOP nominee if its not you? Followed by, who would not take a  pledge not to run as a poison-pill third party candidate.   Trump had COMPLETE CONTROL of his answer, and could have not raised his hand.   But the dumb-a** did.

Come on people.   Do any of you think Hillary would be a better president and  better for the country than any of the 17 Republicans? Apparently Trump thinks so, because if he ran third party rather than endorse the nominee, he just handed America over to Hillary, and he knows it.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

bkepley

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 03:11:12 am »
The calling women names question some may call over the top. I don't, because if Megan didn't ask it, believe me, MSNBC, NBC, CNN, and the rest are digging for the same gotcha material, and worse.     But be that as it may, too easily we forget about the more important question asked moments before, one that was a valid question - Who would not pledge support for the GOP nominee if its not you? Followed by, who would not take a  pledge not to run as a poison-pill third party candidate.   Trump had COMPLETE CONTROL of his answer, and could have not raised his hand.   But the dumb-a** did.

Come on people.   Do any of you think Hillary would be a better president and  better for the country than any of the 17 Republicans? Apparently Trump thinks so, because if he ran third party rather than endorse the nominee, he just handed America over to Hillary, and he knows it.   

Trump is an ass.  It's as simple as that.  Makes me almost ashamed to be an American.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 03:26:26 am »
I've been thinking about this from another POV all day.

Given the way that FOXNEWS has been maligned and dissed by the current administration...not being recognized as a legitimate news organization...the scoffing of the "Fair and Balanced" marketing claim has not waned.

FOXNEWS has been ignored in press conferences...Democratic candidates refuse to be interviewed by their hosts, etc., even though they lap the cable news field vs the current competition.

The image of FOXNEWS is that it is the 'ENEMY" of Democrats.

So, last night, this debate experienced record ratings, with over 30 million people tuning in and talking about in every coffee machine area of every office in the US.  Everywhere I went today, they were still talking about it....people who ordinarily don't pay any attention to politics, especially if offered by a 'Conservative' outlet.

That means there are millions of Democrats and otherwise uninterested and uninformed people who this morning see the New York Times and FOX's competitor CNN and MSNBC actually praise FOXNEWS for their hosting the debate.

And out of that large crossover number, many people now see firsthand that FOXNEWS is indeed "fair and balanced".  And they are going to open their minds and pay attention.

Meghan Kelley is the hottest commodity in the news business.  Katie Couric can't carry her jock.  And her fan base has now grown exponentially.

So, there indeed was a method to their madness last night....not necessarily "Let's destroy Donald Trump and Ted Cruz".

Let's face it.  Those two ...and every other Republican candidate are going to be treated a lot more rough than they were treated last night.

Call it Spring Training for the candidates...give them a taste of what's coming their way when they go to ABC and NBC and CBS.

The clear winner is obviously FOXNEWS.

just a different POV....   :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:27:49 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 03:40:16 am »
just a different POV....   :shrug:

Great observations.