Author Topic: Big Donors Warn Candidates On Eve Of Debate: “Take Trump Out”  (Read 3002 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Big Donors Warn Candidates On Eve Of Debate: “Take Trump Out”
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 09:35:21 pm »
The other thing I think is interesting, Trump explained that is the way business is done these days and that is what is wrong with the system, but it seems no one caught that...
That way is unchanged from the administrations of Eisenhower Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II.

And the same for every post WWII democrat administration, too.

I was on a committee in the Reagan years, which determined the contributions from our corporate PAC, and money went to BOTH parties' candidates.

It was often project specific. IOW if we had a contract for a major refinery in New Jersey or in Texas, we made contributions to key elected officials in those states.

It is pretty much the way humans operate in this world, like it or not. In some places we call it "bribery." In Mexico/latin America it is "mordida." In arab lands it is "baksheesh."

In America we call it political donations.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 10:11:26 pm »
Agree.  It was a fox hit job...
Why did they not ask Fiorina about HER contributions to democrats?

Why didn't someone ask Jeb! if he, like Bush 43, thinks of BJ Clinton as a brother from another mother?

bkepley

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 10:17:40 pm »
Why didn't someone ask Jeb! if he, like Bush 43, thinks of BJ Clinton as a brother from another mother?

Well maybe unlike Trump journalists need some sort of evidence before spewing outrageous charges at people, institutions, or nations?