Author Topic: Big Donors Warn Candidates On Eve Of Debate: “Take Trump Out”  (Read 3001 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dcwhispers.com/big-donors-warn-candidates-on-eve-of-debate-take-trump-out/

Big Donors Warn Candidates On Eve Of Debate: “Take Trump Out”
Posted on August 5, 2015 by DCWhispers   

Though the Fox News promos state it is a debate of Republican candidates, most of the network’s on-air personalities have admitted publicly it has turned into the Donald Trump show as the top GOP contender has become the single most referenced topic on the minds of everyone following the 2016 Race for the White House.

That reality is not sitting well with GOP power brokers who are said to have made it clear to operatives linked to a variety of candidate camps that Donald Trump cannot be allowed to appear to win tomorrow night’s debate. Some are said to have taken an even more aggressive stance by indicating Trump’s Republican rivals are to “take him out” tomorrow night.

Trump has shocked the GOP establishment with his currently growing base of support based largely on his straight talk and a repeated promise to “Make America Great Again.”

That dominance is said to be facing its most focused challenge tomorrow night as Mr. Trump will be target #1 for a number of GOP hopefuls who have been told their own presidential hopes will be finished if they do not help in breaking the Trump momentum once and for all. This threat is said to come from an assortment of Wall Street and business interests concerned over the potential volatility of a Trump political machine – volatility that might make him “unmanageable” should he actually go on to become the Republican nominee.

It should also be noted some of these high-powered donors are helping to finance the campaigns of BOTH Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush. Presently, Donald Trump represents the single greatest threat to their intention of controlling the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.

Of the candidates who are said to have been given their anti-Trump marching orders last night, one was apparently told with the greatest sense of urgency – Senator Marco Rubio.

Senator Rubio is currently sitting near the bottom of the top-tier candidate rankings with just 5% support among Republican voters. He was not so long ago viewed by some to be a legitimate contender for the GOP nomination. If he is to regain that former momentum (and the all-important campaign dollars that come to a real contender) he must prove himself to the political donor class tomorrow night by coming out aggressively against Mr. Trump.

It was reportedly the Rubio campaign that was specifically given the directive to, “take Trump out” during this week’s debate.

DEVELOPING…

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:15:14 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Big Donors Warn Candidates On Eve Of Debate: “Take Trump Out”
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 05:16:22 pm »
This is crap. I want a debate, not a hit job.
The Republic is lost.

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 05:21:46 pm »

It probably is crap.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 05:26:08 pm »
It probably is crap.

I'd like to believe that, but seeing the only time the GOPe fights is against conservatives, I'm inclined to take it as true.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 06:16:39 pm »

Rubio as the hit man?  Now that is funny.
Rubio is very smart and articulate but Trump would eat him alive.
About the only one tough enough to get Trump is Cruz.

bkepley

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 06:27:38 pm »
Rubio as the hit man?  Now that is funny.
Rubio is very smart and articulate but Trump would eat him alive.
About the only one tough enough to get Trump is Cruz.

Oh I don't know..get him riled and Trump vs. Christie could be entertaining.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 06:39:03 pm »
Come on everybody.....use your noggins.

This many be a "dcwhispers" piece, but they are using a link to POLITICO for their sources.

For chrissakes....POLITICO is the LEFT.  How else do you account for their reporting ON THE EVE OF THE DEBATE, that Jeb Bush supposedly called Trump a "buffoon, clown and bleep" (quoting POLITICO...not my words).  Also, in the same piece say that Trump called Bill Clinton before he announced his candidacy?

They are trying to set Donald Trump up to go off on Bush and others tonight.

In the meantime, to throw another wrench into the MSM's wishes....Mayor Guiliani said that in Trump, we may have a "Little Reagan, here".    :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:39:34 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 06:47:50 pm »
Come on everybody.....use your noggins.

This many be a "dcwhispers" piece, but they are using a link to POLITICO for their sources.

For chrissakes....POLITICO is the LEFT.  How else do you account for their reporting ON THE EVE OF THE DEBATE, that Jeb Bush supposedly called Trump a "buffoon, clown and bleep" (quoting POLITICO...not my words).  Also, in the same piece say that Trump called Bill Clinton before he announced his candidacy?

They are trying to set Donald Trump up to go off on Bush and others tonight.

In the meantime, to throw another wrench into the MSM's wishes....Mayor Guiliani said that in Trump, we may have a "Little Reagan, here".    :laugh:

Maybe a little Conrad Dobler action?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 08:03:24 pm »
So, I'm thinking Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner should jump into the race.

He's a Republican, and think of the money the nation would save.

He'd be both POTUS and FLOTUS.

We'd save money on Secret Service details.

State dinners would have the taxpayer only dishing money out for one formal outfit.

It's worth a thought.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 09:05:56 pm »
Trump is a thorn in the GOPe's side.  The initial plan and their "golden" boy was to be Bush and by all indications Rubio was going to be his VP pick, but Bush is an uncertainty right now and Rubio doesn't have the draw that the GOPe thought. Trump, Walker, Huckabee, Carson and Cruz are all polling in front of him.  The GOPe is I am sure becoming a tad nervous.  Of course...its very early.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 09:24:29 pm »
Big Donors Warn Candidates On Eve Of Debate: “Take Trump Out”

Be kinda nice to have some names...  jes fer grins...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 12:58:10 pm »
Obviously, the big donors told Faux News to take Trump out, not the candidates.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 01:01:10 pm »

Agree.  It was a fox hit job...
Why did they not ask Fiorina about HER contributions to democrats?

bkepley

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 01:03:26 pm »

You must not have much confidence in Trump but that's understandable.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 01:23:13 pm »
Agree.  It was a fox hit job...

Of course big business donates to both sides... they have to because our entire government is for sale and if you don't... your competitor will.

The whole purpose of that crap is to 'spin' everything in a certain way.  Truth is irrelevant to these people.

Most people don't think outside the box they are in...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 01:50:43 pm »

Sorry, this is no jab.

Do you have a link showing that she personally contributed to the Dems? Not HP - that's a given since they are based in California where it is very much "pay to play" - but her out of her own pocket. I haven't seen anything like that yet.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 02:04:28 pm »
Sorry, this is no jab.

Do you have a link showing that she personally contributed to the Dems? Not HP - that's a given since they are based in California where it is very much "pay to play" - but her out of her own pocket. I haven't seen anything like that yet.

Have you the same for Trump?
When he says yes, he donated, he is Trump inc.  He has pac's that he passes money thru.
Fiorina has the luxury of hiding behind someone elses pac.

But here is what I put on another thread...
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,176798.msg695329.html#msg695329

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 02:22:13 pm »
Thanks for that! She contributed to her companies PAC, pretty much obligatory for a CEO, which split the money 50:50 (roughly) between Democrats and Republicans is my understanding of your post and the link you got it from. Not exactly a smoking gun.  :shrug:

Not as good as Trump, to be fair : http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jul/09/ben-ferguson/donald-trumps-campaign-contributions-democrats-and/ he's really ramped up Contributions to Repubs in recent years.

Since 2012, Trump has donated $463,450 to Republicans and just $3,500 to Democrats (California Attorney General Kamala Harris and New York Assemblyman Michael Benedetto). - from link.

Business is pay to play, simple as that. Any candidate, on either side, who has business experience is going to have some donations the purists can call questionable.
It's why I asked specifically about contributions from her own pocket and personally - those are a different breed of beast from what the company has to do.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:23:55 pm by EC »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 02:34:06 pm »
Thanks for that! She contributed to her companies PAC, pretty much obligatory for a CEO, which split the money 50:50 (roughly) between Democrats and Republicans is my understanding of your post and the link you got it from. Not exactly a smoking gun.  :shrug:

Not as good as Trump, to be fair : http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jul/09/ben-ferguson/donald-trumps-campaign-contributions-democrats-and/ he's really ramped up Contributions to Repubs in recent years.

Business is pay to play, simple as that. Any candidate, on either side, who has business experience is going to have some donations the purists can call questionable.
It's why I asked specifically about contributions from her own pocket and personally - those are a different breed of beast from what the company has to do.

It was not intended to be a "smoking" gun, just trying to illustrate your point that you pay to play and that slamming trump over contributions to dems and not slamming fiorina was an obvious hit by fox.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 02:44:32 pm »
If she gets the poll bounce I confidently expect she will from her performance last night, no doubt it will come out as a weapon in the next debate. When she's at the top table!  :laugh:

I'll criticise Trump for a lot of things (and do) but running his business is rarely going to be one (though I have the odd problem with some of his business ethics, but then again I'm not a billionaire for a reason  :tongue2: )

I'd love to see one of the candidates turn the tables on the journos - both Fiorina and Trump could hit this out of the park if they wished - and ask why a business paying to play is somehow dirty while newsies paying for access is noble  :beer:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 02:53:46 pm »
If she gets the poll bounce I confidently expect she will from her performance last night, no doubt it will come out as a weapon in the next debate. When she's at the top table!  :laugh:

I'll criticise Trump for a lot of things (and do) but running his business is rarely going to be one (though I have the odd problem with some of his business ethics, but then again I'm not a billionaire for a reason  :tongue2: )

I'd love to see one of the candidates turn the tables on the journos - both Fiorina and Trump could hit this out of the park if they wished - and ask why a business paying to play is somehow dirty while newsies paying for access is noble  :beer:

The other thing I think is interesting, Trump explained that is the way business is done these days and that is what is wrong with the system, but it seems no one caught that...

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 04:24:15 pm »
You must not have much confidence in Trump but that's understandable.

I have zero confidence in the GOP establishment donors to abide by any semplance of fair play.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 04:44:19 pm »
Trump is a thorn in the GOPe's side.  The initial plan and their "golden" boy was to be Bush and by all indications Rubio was going to be his VP pick,

Except they can't be from the same state. So that begs the question, what is your source for the claim, anyway?

To me "all indications" would be knowledgeable about that qualification, so the source must be very, very low information.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 04:55:58 pm »
I have zero confidence in the GOP establishment donors to abide by any semplance of fair play.

You don't expect them to take money out of their pocket to support policies that will put it in yours, do you?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 09:15:20 pm »
Except they can't be from the same state. So that begs the question, what is your source for the claim, anyway?

To me "all indications" would be knowledgeable about that qualification, so the source must be very, very low information.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx