Author Topic: Top GOP senator blocking State nominees over Clinton probe  (Read 430 times)

bkepley

Top GOP senator blocking State nominees over Clinton probe
« on: August 06, 2015, 04:11:28 pm »
Jordain Carney
The Hill

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is blocking State Department officials' nominations, citing a slow response over his inquiries on Hillary Clinton's email and a former top aide.

The chairman of the Judiciary Committee in a statement included in Wednesday's Congressional Record said that he would object to roughly 20 foreign officer nominations.

"I will object because, in addition to the multiple inquiries I have made that are still unanswered, I sent another letter to the State Department today and the Department has failed to confirm receipt, yet again," Grassley said. "In addition, my staff placed multiple phone calls to Department personnel to inquire as to the status of the most recent letter. Department personnel have failed even to return phone calls."

More here: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/250408-goper-blocking-state-nominees-over-clinton-probe

Offline libertybele

Re: Top GOP senator blocking State nominees over Clinton probe
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 04:53:21 pm »
This is what we need from every GOP Senator and Represenative; it's called backbone. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 05:03:07 pm »
This is what we need from every GOP Senator and Represenative; it's called backbone.

The Chuckster has backbone! Old Iowa farm boys don't give a crap.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 05:13:13 pm »

Yes!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien