Author Topic: Why Donald Trump is nervous about debating  (Read 3268 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Donald Trump is nervous about debating
« on: August 04, 2015, 02:23:06 pm »
http://nypost.com/2015/08/03/why-donald-trump-is-nervous-about-debating/

Why Donald Trump is nervous about debating

By Marisa Schultz

August 3, 2015 | 11:44pm

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump admits he’s a “little bit nervous” heading into the first GOP presidential debate, but insists that’s a good thing.

“You have to be a little bit nervous,” Trump said Monday on “Fox and Friends.”

“I know the great athletes are always a little bit nervous,” he said. “If you’re not nervous, you’re going to be flat. So, certainly, I’m a little bit nervous, but I look forward to it at the same time.”

Trump, who will face nine GOP contenders Thursday in Fox News’ Republican debate, says he realizes he has a target on his back as the clear front-runner on center stage.

He tried to downplay expectations as a first-time debater facing seasoned politicians, but predicted he’d do “fine.”

“I’ve never debated before. That’s all these guys do. They debate. They don’t do anything, but they debate,” he quipped.

Trump said he won’t be afraid to counterpunch.

“I’m reading everything. I’m studying everything,” Trump said of his debate prep. “I don’t have pollsters telling me what to say. A lot of these folks have pollsters giving them little quips and little kills for Trump. Go kill him with this line or that line.

“They’ve got it memorized. I don’t do that. I don’t believe in it. And it’s not me.”

Trump is dominating national and local polls ahead of the debate.

He’s even beating New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in the Garden State for the first time.

Trump grabbed 21 percent while Christie was a distant second at 12 percent, according to a Rutgers-Eagleton poll.

Trump also is trying to make good on his pledge to woo the Latino vote — despite earlier controversial comments referring to illegal immigrants as rapists and criminals from Mexico.

State Sen. Ruben Diaz (D-Bronx) said Trump was the only GOP candidate to accept his invitation to walk the streets of The Bronx and talk with residents.

Voters got a chance to see most of the Republican presidential candidates Monday night when C-SPAN hosted them in a two-hour forum, but not Trump.

The mogul boycotted the event because it was co-sponsored by the New Hampshire Union Leader, which attacked him in an editorial for his questioning whether Sen. John McCain is a war hero.

Trump on Monday said his first priorities as president would be building up the military, improving veterans’ health care, erecting a wall on the southern US border and repealing ObamaCare.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: Why Donald Trump is nervous about debating
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 03:06:25 pm »
"Trump on Monday said his first priorities as president would be building up the military, improving veterans’ health care, erecting a wall on the southern US border and repealing ObamaCare."

If he sticks to that the debate is OVER????? :patriot: He WINS again!!!!!

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 03:13:00 pm »
"Trump on Monday said his first priorities as president would be building up the military, improving veterans’ health care, erecting a wall on the southern US border and repealing ObamaCare."

If he sticks to that the debate is OVER????? :patriot: He WINS again!!!!!

Hmmm...wish someone would seriously talk about entitlement reform and the debt but I guess as usual until it finally crushes us like it has Greece and Puerto Rico and others lining up candidates will talk about less painful things.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 03:15:23 pm »
http://nypost.com/2015/08/03/why-donald-trump-is-nervous-about-debating/

“I’ve never debated before. That’s all these guys do. They debate. They don’t do anything, but they debate,” he quipped.

This is the kind of self-centered  Trumpizm quips that drive me crazy - and why I just can't like a person like him, or support his campaign. "They don't do anything"  Really?   Really?  There are a huge list of impressive accomplishments that these other candidates have under their belts, particularly those who have actually governed a State, something Trump has never done, much less represent citizens from his state in Washington, again something he has never done. Besides building his empire of real estate holdings, Trump is most noted for being a television personality, and his marriages.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 03:16:29 pm »
Hmmm...wish someone would seriously talk about entitlement reform and the debt but I guess as usual until it finally crushes us like it has Greece and Puerto Rico and others lining up candidates will talk about less painful things.

LOL!   The alphabet starts with "A, B, C, D E....".    Not "L, M, N, O, P..."    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

bkepley

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 03:20:09 pm »
LOL!   The alphabet starts with "A, B, C, D E....".    Not "L, M, N, O, P..."    :laugh:

I'm not sure what that means but Trump not saying anything about government debt is not very promising.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 03:23:43 pm »

You are RIGHT but we have to get the players separated for the non contenders first. I would sure hope as the line goes down for the POTUS the topics you mentioned are debated and discussed. Very important issues??

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 03:24:12 pm »

Specifically, what do you mean my entitlement reform?
What are entitlements?

bkepley

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 03:27:28 pm »
Specifically, what do you mean my entitlement reform?
What are entitlements?

Here's what it says in Wiki:  An entitlement is a government program guaranteeing access to some benefit by members of a specific group and based on established rights or by legislation. The term may also reflect a pejorative connotation, as in a "sense of entitlement.

There are also other ways to cut debt but entitlements are completely dominating the budget and you can forget any kind of military in the future if it is not addressed.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 03:44:06 pm »
Here's what it says in Wiki:  An entitlement is a government program guaranteeing access to some benefit by members of a specific group and based on established rights or by legislation. The term may also reflect a pejorative connotation, as in a "sense of entitlement.

There are also other ways to cut debt but entitlements are completely dominating the budget and you can forget any kind of military in the future if it is not addressed.

So, the GI bill is an entitlement?
Social Security that I have paid into is an Entitlement?
Education is an entitlement?
HOV lanes are an entitlement?

Get my drift... We have to be specific and not rely on WIKI's ambiguous fictitious definitions on which to base our actions.

bkepley

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 03:53:58 pm »

Get my drift... We have to be specific and not rely on WIKI's ambiguous fictitious definitions on which to base our actions.

No we have to be fearless.  I thought you were sick of the cowardly GOP. 

Two-Thirds of All Federal Spending Went to Entitlement Programs in 2014
http://www.heritage.org/federalbudget/budget-entitlement-programs

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 04:02:41 pm »
Considering :baghead:'s personality, I'm sure he is a master debater.  :whistle:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 04:08:35 pm »
No we have to be fearless.  I thought you were sick of the cowardly GOP. 

Two-Thirds of All Federal Spending Went to Entitlement Programs in 2014
http://www.heritage.org/federalbudget/budget-entitlement-programs

You used a worthless definition of entitlement and I was trying to get you to clarify what you considered "entitlements".
Now, how do you want to deal with them?
Just cut like sequestration or intelligent cuts like eliminating fraud waste and abuse or are you arguing to give congress unrestricted authority to do whatever they want?

Just an aside, other than military salary, ALL federal spending is entitlements, IMHO..

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 05:17:03 pm »
I'm not sure what that means but Trump not saying anything about government debt is not very promising.

Merely saying that dealing with the aforementioned items Trump said should come first.  Then we can tackle the entitlements.

The more people working and eating and purchasing homes, etc., the easier it will be to address your list. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 05:25:33 pm »
Yes, yes, yes, and no, that last one's just traffic control.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

bkepley

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 05:28:41 pm »

It's always the same chit.  No one wants to take part in the pain so nothing is ever done and there are some folks here who pointed fingers at the Greeks.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 05:36:32 pm »

Ok, just send me a check for all the money I and my employers have paid into SS and you can do whatever you want to it.

bkepley

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 05:39:13 pm »
Ok, just send me a check for all the money I and my employers have paid into SS and you can do whatever you want to it.

In other words, F you future suckers, I'm getting all mine and you can rot.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 05:42:09 pm »
In other words, F you future suckers, I'm getting all mine and you can rot.

So, you are proposing that I double pay my taxes for the last 45 years and leave my SS to you?

bkepley

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 05:43:30 pm »

And by the way:

According to the institute’s data, a two-earner couple receiving an average wage — $44,600 per spouse in 2012 dollars — and turning 65 in 2010 would have paid $722,000 into Social Security and Medicare and can be expected to take out $966,000 in benefits. So, this couple will be paid about one-third more in benefits than they paid in taxes.

Source: Medicare and Social Security: What you paid compared with what you get
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/feb/01/medicare-and-social-security-what-you-paid-what-yo/

bkepley

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 05:45:23 pm »
So, you are proposing that I double pay my taxes for the last 45 years and leave my SS to you?

You don't realize how old I am.  Guys like you are always standing in the way of actually solving the big problems.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 05:46:30 pm »

For a LONG time I made them and even better offer (keep what you'e already stolen just leave me alone) and they refused to take it. Now it's to late!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 05:49:27 pm »
And by the way:

According to the institute’s data, a two-earner couple receiving an average wage — $44,600 per spouse in 2012 dollars — and turning 65 in 2010 would have paid $722,000 into Social Security and Medicare and can be expected to take out $966,000 in benefits. So, this couple will be paid about one-third more in benefits than they paid in taxes.

Source: Medicare and Social Security: What you paid compared with what you get
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/feb/01/medicare-and-social-security-what-you-paid-what-yo/

Not sure what that has to do with anything but does that include the employers amount they pay in on the employees behalf or are we just twisting numbers to support our argument?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 05:51:13 pm »
You don't realize how old I am.  Guys like you are always standing in the way of actually solving the big problems.

I don't particularly care how old you are, that has nothing to do with the conversation.
I was forced to pay in to the system with the Guarantee that I would get paid later and NOW you want to take that away?
You are outta your mind.  A deal is a deal.

bkepley

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 05:54:56 pm »
I don't particularly care how old you are, that has nothing to do with the conversation.
I was forced to pay in to the system with the Guarantee that I would get paid later and NOW you want to take that away?
You are outta your mind.  A deal is a deal.

I also paid in but we were both lied to and I am willing to accept reality.