Author Topic: Cecil the lion's killer donated to Romney  (Read 7562 times)

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Cecil the lion's killer donated to Romney
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 11:04:22 pm »
I seriously think if a poll was taken right now, who the most despised and hated man would be, between  James Holmes, the Colorado theater shooter, or this dentist who shot the lion - the lion shooter would come out way ahead.

Yeah, way ahead of PP unfortunately...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 12:17:52 am »

In a way it is.  They never fight off these dumbass distractions, allow people to believe them, and focus the attention of the masses somewhere else.  There is absolutely no spine in the leadership and not a whole lot more in the rest of the republican members of congress.
goopo great post!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 12:41:23 am »
Not so fast.... a donation and a reversal.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 01:09:57 am »
I really couldn't care less about this lion being killed. Sorry.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2015, 01:22:49 am »
Palmer's practice is being destroyed on Yelp and Google Plus.  Since 92% of new clients or customers read one or more online reviews before choosing a service or product, I'd say this guy's livelihood is in serious trouble.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2015, 01:43:34 am »
This dentist is a scum bag poacher

they lured a semi tame animal off a nature reserve
 allegedly jack lighted it ,shot  it with a dammed crossbow ,not a high powered rifle like ethical hunters  would  do ,and let it suffer for two days

then cut its head off and tried to destroy the GPS collar it had been  outfitted with

Permanently take his guns,his hunting trophies,his passport ,his hunting license  and fine his ass
big time

Yours is the best post so far. This scumbag dentist killed a tame animal, but let it suffer for two days first.

I wouldn't care if this guy's life was permanently destroyed over this. He's a horrible human being.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 01:51:32 am »
Yours is the best post so far. This scumbag dentist killed a tame animal, but let it suffer for two days first.

I wouldn't care if this guy's life was permanently destroyed over this. He's a horrible human being.
agreed just leave his family out of it

and idiots like mia farrow posting his address need to pull jail time
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 02:03:01 am »
truth_seeker wrote above:
[[ I was raised by a Wyoming father, uncle and grandfather, who taught hunt/fish for only the amount you will eat. We had plenty of firearms, but no stuffed dead animals.
This here dentist just traded his practice, for a lion trophy. ]]

Have to agree with you on that one.

Trophy hunting, I just don't understand.
Is it so that one can brag that he did it -- and you didn't ?

If it's braggin' rights he wanted, he sure has got some now!

"Hi! I'm the guy who killed Cecil the Lion!"

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 02:10:11 am »
Charlespg wrote above:
[[ This dentist is a scum bag poacher
they lured a semi tame animal off a nature reserve allegedly jack lighted it, shot it with a dammed crossbow, not a high powered rifle like ethical hunters would  do, and let it suffer for two days.
then cut its head off and tried to destroy the GPS collar it had been  outfitted with
Permanently take his guns, his hunting trophies, his passport, his hunting license and fine his ass big time ]]

I saw the following post on another site. There's no way to link directly to the individual post, but for verification it's on page 4 of this thread:
http://www.banjohangout.org/topic/306988/4

Post (with pic) follows:
=========
I have worked at least one month in South Africa every year since 1999.

One of my students there whose parents own a game farm, asked me if I would like to shoot a Kudu with the intention of giving the hide and meat to the workers on the game farm. The Kudu was not a trophy animal in size or age, but that was planned. A trophy animal would have been older and the meat not nearly as palatable.  We spotted many Kudu, some of trophy size, but they didn't meet the specifications for the use and so we spent all day looking for the animal that did. In contrast to the American hunters who come to the game farm, we were on foot. Almost all the American hunters ride in the back of a small pickup truck and shoot off a weighted rifle rest sitting on the cab of the pickup truck (or bakke, as pickup trucks are called, there).

I also had a chance a few years ago to go on a hunt for Wildebeest that was part of a planned culling due to overgrazing. The Wildebeest meat and cape went to the local informal settlement. Another person wounded the animal and I was asked to finish the job so as not to leave the animal suffering.

Neither was a trophy because I am not a trophy hunter.  Personally, I don't hunt to fulfill an ego and have no need to shoot a predator that can't serve as food. I have turned down hunts for leopard for that very reason. I can't eat it, give the meat away and have no desire to keep a hide. The hide looks better on the leopard than it does on me.

I wouldn't shoot an elephant after seeing their intelligence in the wild. I have watched them in Adda elephant park in South Africa. Several groups numbering more than 50 wallowed in a wallowing pond. Then, when they went to the drinking pond, there was not one foot in the water! A calf started to walk in the water and the trunk of a female came out a pushed him back onto the bank. Remarkable!

I would like to shoot some coyote who have killed my neighbors terrier and left cat remains on my lawn.

Now, onto the current lion situation.  The student who has the game farm near the Kalahari has emailed me and offered additional information that has been reported by South Africans who are in Zimbabwe.

This was an illegal hunt. The lion was in a protected park and collared for study. He was a rare "black-maned" lion. The guides lured the lion out of the protected area onto private land and the dentist shot him with a bolt from a crossbow. That wounded the lion. They then tracked the lion for almost 2 days, found him and shot him with rifle. The legal definition of the kill, both in Zimbabwe and South Africa is POACHING.

The 2 guides are under arrest in Zimbabwe. If they could get their hands on the dentist, he would be arrested as well.

This is an illegal poaching issue and has nothing to do with the age of the lion or the popularity of the lion.

Ron

rangerrebew

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 09:09:07 am »
We Cry Over the Death of Cecil the Lion, But Shrug Off Planned Parenthood?

July 29, 2015

Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I have a simple question.  I understand. I love Cecil the lion.  I understand it. I understand crying. I myself was ravaged with sadness when I heard about the death of Cecil the lion.  You know why?  Because, even when talking about a lion, it was in a game preserve. It wasn't a pet, and you're never gonna make a pet out of a predator beast. But it still is the essence of innocence, and it wouldn't do anything to us if we didn't threaten it first. It is just senseless for somebody to shoot it.

I don't care whether he was a dentist from Minnesota or a terrorist from ISIS, it is senseless to be let onto a game preserve -- "preserve," protection -- with a bow and arrow and think you are engaging in sport while you kill a lion.  It's just senseless.  And I understand the sadness. 
People have an attachment to animals that is inexplicable.  What I don't understand... Now, Jimmy Kimmel broke down almost in tears last night on his program, and the very same people will express sadness, tears, shock, dismay over the death of Cecil.

I love cats, too, and I think Cecil is a great name for a lion.  In fact, if I ever get another cat I'm gonna name it Cecil in honor of this one.  My own cat was disappointed when she found out Cecil was killed.  All animals are worried about this.  Understand that.  But how in the world can you get teary-eyed and misty-eyed and sad over Cecil and, at the same time, participate in burying what's happening at Planned Parenthood?  Can somebody explain that to me? (interruption) What do you mean, "Well"?

What do you mean, "Well"?  Is this too controversial a question?  What do you mean,  "Well"?  Is this somewhere I shouldn't venture?  I do know how the animal people are.  But I know that most animal people have the same attitude toward human beings. Look, I understand the difference.  Human beings, adult human beings, are not the essence of innocence.  But babies in the womb are.  Babies in the womb are more innocent than any animal is.  But to a lot of people, that would be an argumentative statement.

I understand that, but a baby in the womb? I mean, you can't get a more pure definition of innocence.  Now, I understand there's a picture of Cecil the lion as he's alive and sitting there with his harem and looking like a lion, looking like the king of the jungle. He's sitting there and he's just enjoying life, everything is fine and dandy, you see that picture and you hear the news that some reprobate with a bow and arrow was let in there for 50 grand, and to claim it was hunting?

There's no hunting.

That wasn't any sport in this.

Cecil had no idea.  It was at night.  Cecil had no idea.  He's in a game preserve.  I understand all that.  And there aren't any pictures of the baby chop shop operation.  I understand that.  And we are a photo- and image-driven society, but nevertheless, it's a matter of I don't know curiosity, concern, that so much emotion can be dredged up -- and justifiably.  I mean, I'm with you on this death of Cecil business.  But I'm also just, if not more sickened by what Planned Parenthood's doing.

I tell you, Planned Parenthood's hired this PR firm called SKDKnickerbocker or some such thing and their job is single purpose, bury the story.  They are harassing Drive-By Media, to the extent that necessary to get them to ignore the story.  For example, Politico ran just a little bitty blurb about this and how it just makes a lot of people uncomfortable and this SKDKnickerbocker bunch just jumped on 'em, and Politico retracted or deleted it from their Web page or did something.

That's what they're trying to do is get this story buried.  They're not even gonna try to argue the story.  They're not even gonna try to say we all misunderstand it.  They're not even gonna try to say, "There's great medical research to be had here."  They're not gonna say, "It's just a clump of cells."  They're not even gonna try to say, "It's an unviable tissue."  They're just gonna lean on their buddies in the Drive-By to suppress the story. 

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/07/29/we_cry_over_the_death_of_cecil_the_lion_but_shrug_off_planned_parenthood
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:09:57 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 09:15:50 am »

Reporter: Obama Should Stop U.S. Hunters From Killing Animals Like Cecil the Lion

By Randy Hall | July 29, 2015 | 8:20 PM EDT

During Wednesday's White House press briefing, Julia Edwards -- a reporter for the Reuters news service -- asked Press Secretary Josh Earnest if President Barack Obama would respond to the “growing outcry” over the killing of Cecil, a well-loved lion in a Zimbabwe park that was hunted down by Minnesota dentist Walter James Palmer.

“Is the White House or is President Obama aware of this killing,” she asked, “and what could the president do, on an executive level, to possibly keep U.S. trophy hunters from traveling to Africa and committing other killings?”

Also, she noted, a representative for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service “said that they are looking into the incident, possibly working with Zimbabwe officials who have called to bring this person to justice.”

Earnest meekly replied:

I've seen the press reports on this. I don't have much for you. I have not spoken to the president about this.

As you point out, it has been widely covered in the news, and as we know, he's a voracious consumer of news, so it wouldn't surprise me that he's aware of it, but I don't have anything detailed to read out for you right now.

As if that wasn't bad enough, an article written for the Cable News Network by Don Melvin stated that Palmer paid two local men -- Honest Trymore Ndlovu and Theo Bronchorst -- $50,000 to lure the 13-year-old lion out of the Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe.

According to Johnny Rodrigues, head of the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force, “Cecil's death was cruel.”

He stated that the men “went hunting at night with a spotlight, and they spotted Cecil. They tied a dead animal to their vehicle to lure Cecil out of the park, and they scented an area about half a kilometer from the park," or about 550 yards.

At first, the dentist “shot the lion with a bow and arrow, but that failed to kill it.” The lion was then tracked for 40 hours “and shot again with a gun before it was skinned and beheaded.”

A police report states that the guides Palmer hired were quickly arrested and charged with killing the animal illegally.

"The saddest part of all is that, now that Cecil is dead, the next lion in the hierarchy, Jericho, will most likely kill all Cecil's cubs so that he can insert his own bloodline into the females," Rodrigues said. "This is standard procedure for lions."

However, in an article for The Hill, Kevin Cirilli asserted that while killing the lion was terrible, Palmer was guilty of something even more horrific: donating money to Republican candidates for public office.

Federal Elections Commission (FEC) forms show Palmer, who lives in Eden Prairie, Minn., donated $5,000 to the Romney campaign in 2012.

The dentist also donated $250 to former Rep. Jim Ramstad (R-Minn.) in 1990 and the same to Ramstad in 1992.

Nevertheless, Palmer has released a statement expressing his regret for killing the lion, which was wearing a collar used by researchers to track its movement and monitor the lion population. He has also said that he believed he was acting legally.

“I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt,” Palmer said. “I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion.”

As NewsBusters previously reported, Edwards isn't the only member of the press to express outrage over the animal's death.

During CBS This Morning, co-anchor Gayle King commented: “The more you hear about it, the more upsetting it is.

“I heard somebody in South Africa describe it,” King noted. “It would be like in this country, if somebody shot Lassie, and then said: ‘We didn’t know that was Lassie.’”

Also expressing his fury was British columnist Piers Morgan, who called for “Big Human Hunting” -- without any guns, of course – to attack Palmer, whom he described as “a smirking, vile, callous assassin with no heart.”

Noting that the dentist “now faces a prison sentence,” Morgan declared that “captivity seems way too good for him.” So what was his solution?

I will sell tickets for $50,000 to anyone who wants to come with me and track down fat, greedy, selfish, murderous businessmen like Dr. Palmer in their natural habitat.

We’d lure him out with bait … and once lured, we would all take a bow and fire a few arrows into his limbs to render him incapable of movement.

Even more interesting is the fact that the TV networks covered the lion's death more in one day than they did the Planned Parenthood abortion scandal during two weeks.

Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/randy-hall/2015/07/29/reporter-obama-should-stop-us-hunters-killing-animals-cecil-lion
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:16:20 am by rangerrebew »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 10:46:41 am »
First off, unless it's a pet, no animal should be given a name PERIOD.
Second, this is a symptom of people just not growning the F*CK UP!  They look to government to be daddy because they can't take care of their own needs.  They name animals in the wild.  They aren't given the full information or have it blocked out because they aren't mature enough bodies that were blown to bits in some sort of terrorist attack.  They have to be told to wear a safety belt, not to smoke, or jerk off in public, they are told they can "be whatever they want".
There are no limitations.  Not in the good way but in a way that allows them to not take responsibility to their own life.
Third, publish twitter-bleep's home address so any loonie toon who ever had a hard on or argument with her.  See how she likes it.  But now, Conservatives will continue to wake up every morning to support every other bleep on the planet by the sweat of their brow just because "Conservatives don't do things like that".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 11:03:06 am »
First off, unless it's a pet, no animal should be given a name PERIOD.
Second, this is a symptom of people just not growning the F*CK UP!  They look to government to be daddy because they can't take care of their own needs.  They name animals in the wild.  They aren't given the full information or have it blocked out because they aren't mature enough bodies that were blown to bits in some sort of terrorist attack.  They have to be told to wear a safety belt, not to smoke, or jerk off in public, they are told they can "be whatever they want".
There are no limitations.  Not in the good way but in a way that allows them to not take responsibility to their own life.
Third, publish twitter-bleep's home address so any loonie toon who ever had a hard on or argument with her.  See how she likes it.  But now, Conservatives will continue to wake up every morning to support every other bleep on the planet by the sweat of their brow just because "Conservatives don't do things like that".

My sentiments, exactly, ONC.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 12:13:07 pm »
publish twitter-bleep's home address

:nono:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 12:22:44 pm »
And one can safely guess who the baby butchers at Planned Parenthood [the Josef Mengele fan club] donate to. But it will NEVER be reported like this was...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 10:49:39 pm »
:nono:

Oh, it's a, it's a proper noun.  I checked in the almanac.  I was a bit shocked too.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2015, 11:14:29 pm »
Oh, it's a, it's a proper noun.  I checked in the almanac.  I was a bit shocked too.

I'm not a mod here, but you might recheck the dictionary.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2015, 11:38:37 pm »

Third, publish twitter-bleep's home address so any loonie toon who ever had a hard on or argument with her.  See how she likes it. ".
EWWWWW  :silly:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2015, 11:53:58 pm »
EWWWWW  :silly:

Not a Mod either, but the sentence is indeed out of bounds, IMO.

We have ladies present, for heaven's sake.   :chairbang:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2015, 12:40:21 am »
Final word on this tangent:
conjugating the verb "tweet":
to tweet, tweeted, twatted
I don't make the rules.
Can we get back to the topic at hand?
 :pondering:
no future tense found

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2015, 12:53:01 am »
Cecil the Lion was a symbol of a country run by an extreme despot in Robert Mugabe. Why is no one mentioning this fact? Cecil was the symbol of rampant corruption.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2015, 01:25:00 am »
Cecil the Lion was a symbol of a country run by an extreme despot in Robert Mugabe. Why is no one mentioning this fact? Cecil was the symbol of rampant corruption.

Speaking of which, Mugabe had baby elephant served for his birthday.  You know who complained?  Nobody and crickets.  Chickenshits.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:26:14 am by olde north church »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2015, 08:41:49 am »

Take a picture, not a trophy.....    :laugh:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2015, 11:19:13 am »

Take a picture, not a trophy.....    :laugh:

Indeed!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2015, 11:23:31 am »
I heard this morning, the Whitehouse is expected to provide a comment about the incident. The Whitehouse? Are you kidding me?

This has been blown so far out of proportion, it is beyond real.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn