Author Topic: Largest Gun Grab In History: Millions on SS Will Lose Their Rights  (Read 6468 times)

Offline famousdayandyear

Re: Largest Gun Grab In History: Millions on SS Will Lose Their Rights
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 08:01:25 pm »
It's not even a matter of mental deficiency having to be proven, but the mere fact that a senior assigns a "representative payee" ... would be stripped of their gun  rights.  Seniors could have set things up in their wills/trusts years before they turned 65....millions would still be affected.

To me the most alarming fact is that a government agency(s) is being allowed to decide who can and cannot possess a firearm...that agency is being allowed to override Constitutional rights. The further implications for a government agency(s) to override other Constitutional rights is huge.  Anyone receiving any kind of government aide, i.e., Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, welfare, unemployment, federally backed mortgages, etc., etc., could be mandated to give up whatever right the government sees fit. 

IF this is allowed to go through...our rights could be dismantled one by one.  Does anyone really trust that Barry won't completely destroy our rights under the Constitution??  Congress sure as hell hasn't stopped him so far. Without this right folks, we will have NO rights.

He's already half done with the First Amendment, Fourth, Tenth.  Nobody really pays attention to the Third, thinking it probably no longer applies.  But I wonder what the citizens in the Southwest would say, with Jade Helm troops mingling among them anonymously.  The Second most go for Obama to complete his "fundamental transformation"; and he will do it silently and covertly.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 10:40:38 pm »
He's already half done with the First Amendment, Fourth, Tenth.  Nobody really pays attention to the Third, thinking it probably no longer applies.  But I wonder what the citizens in the Southwest would say, with Jade Helm troops mingling among them anonymously.  The Second most go for Obama to complete his "fundamental transformation"; and he will do it silently and covertly.

Exactly.  In order for his transformation to fully take place, he cannot have armed citizens as we are the most armed nation in the world.  Jade Helm and the UN troops that are already here...that is when the 3rd amendment will be tossed aside.

Secondly, wasn't there a recent provision laid out by the Barry administration that you couldn't pass arms to your next of kin??  If so...then what will the seniors have to do with their weapons??  Turn them over to the government??

Congress is ineffective.  I have said several times before "We The People" have been on our own for quite sometime. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 02:57:17 am »
It's not even a matter of mental deficiency having to be proven, but the mere fact that a senior assigns a "representative payee" ... would be stripped of their gun  rights.  Seniors could have set things up in their wills/trusts years before they turned 65....millions would still be affected.

To me the most alarming fact is that a government agency(s) is being allowed to decide who can and cannot possess a firearm...that agency is being allowed to override Constitutional rights. The further implications for a government agency(s) to override other Constitutional rights is huge.  Anyone receiving any kind of government aide, i.e., Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, welfare, unemployment, federally backed mortgages, etc., etc., could be mandated to give up whatever right the government sees fit. 

IF this is allowed to go through...our rights could be dismantled one by one.  Does anyone really trust that Barry won't completely destroy our rights under the Constitution??  Congress sure as hell hasn't stopped him so far. Without this right folks, we will have NO rights.

And that's where they are going. If they are allowed to say that having a  "representative payee" makes you mentally deficient, then the door is wide open because they can make any bigoted, unsubstantiated, broad sweep claim and take what they want.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:57:51 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 03:01:52 am »
And that's where they are going. If they are allowed to say that having a  "representative payee" makes you mentally deficient, then the door is wide open because they can make any bigoted, unsubstantiated, broad sweep claim and take what they want.

Exhibit A: Dinesh D'Souza
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 03:19:09 am »

Yes sir, that is a perfect example of the kind of legal fiction the govt will make out of whole cloth.
The Republic is lost.

rangerrebew

Re: Obama’s Plan to Take Guns from Seniors and the Disabled
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 08:42:24 am »
- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

ATF Works With FBI And VA To Get Veterans’ Guns Taken Away

Posted By Patrick Howley On 12:16 AM 07/21/2015 In | No Comments

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is involved in a government effort to disarm America’s veterans and seniors who may lack the capacity to manage their finances.

And it’s not just veterans facing this scrutiny: now it’s anybody who gets Social Security.

New documents obtained by The Daily Caller reveal that ATF, a division of the Department of Justice, is working with the FBI and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to enter veterans who get VA benefits into the government’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

TheDC first reported on a government program in which the VA sends veterans’ medical information to the FBI to disarm them. VA uses sneaky criteria to get veterans on the list for “persons prohibited under federal law from receiving or possessing firearms.” (RELATED: Daily Caller Reveals Secret VA-FBI Coordination).

If a veteran is deemed incapable of managing his or her own finances, the VA sends his or her information to the FBI to be automatically added to the criminal background check system. For some injured veterans, their incompetence was determined merely because they signed up for auto-pay on their debit cards, because their wife gives them financial advice, or because they asked for an in-house assistant to help with chores. The VA sends this list to the FBI every month. At last count, there were more than 120,000 veterans in the government’s background check system.

Now we know that the enforcement agency ATF is working with the VA and FBI to suppress information about the program.

Michael Connelly, executive director of the United States Justice Foundation, sent Freedom of Information Act requests about the program to four federal government agencies. But when it came to get a response, he got one from a fifth agency that he didn’t even request information from: ATF.

Connelly, whose research blew the lid off the program in our previous Daily Caller expose, learned that FBI sent his request to ATF, which stifled it.

The FBI sent ATF seven pages of documents pursuant to Connelly’s information request to check with them first. ATF denied Connelly’s request for information, telling him that the agency is “withholding deliberative materials” in a letter dated July 12.

Why?

ATF claims it can withhold “inter-agency or intra-agency memorandums or letters which would not be available by law to a party other than an agency in litigation with the agency.”

So, if different agencies swap memos around to each other, then you need to sue them to get the documents under public disclosure law?

And the story is getting bigger. The Los Angeles Times reported this weekend that the Obama administration is trying to get the Social Security Administration to provide information to the FBI on Social Security beneficiaries who can be prohibited from owning a firearm for some form of incompetence. The Times cited the VA’s strategy of using veterans’ financial records against them.

“As I predicted the assault on veterans’ 2nd Amendment rights was just the beginning,” Connelly said. “Social Security recipients would be next. The LA Times has confirmed it. Sometimes I hate it when I am right.”

Follow Howley on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/21/atf-works-with-fbi-and-va-to-get-veterans-guns-taken-away/

Offline olde north church

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 10:44:19 am »
Yes sir, that is a perfect example of the kind of legal fiction the govt will make out of whole cloth.

And who stood up for him?  Not just gave lip service.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 11:35:09 am »

Exhibit B: Martha Stewart.  Not an endorsement but she had her "empire" taken away by the "conservatives" much the same way.  The abuse of our system for political gain is out of control.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 02:01:05 pm »
Exhibit B: Martha Stewart.  Not an endorsement but she had her "empire" taken away by the "conservatives" much the same way.  The abuse of our system for political gain is out of control.

"The abuse of our system for political gain is out of control".   :beer:  Barry's abuse of power is out of control...and Congress does nothing!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2015, 03:24:39 pm »
"The abuse of our system for political gain is out of control".   :beer:  Barry's abuse of power is out of control...and Congress does nothing!

It's not up to Congress to anything.  It is responsibility of the citizenry to be the bulwark of liberty.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 03:45:13 pm »
It's not up to Congress to anything.  It is responsibility of the citizenry to be the bulwark of liberty.

Then why do we have congress?

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 03:54:03 pm »
Then why do we have congress?

I'm still trying to figure that one out.  Poster children for E.D. and some kind of woman gank.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2015, 04:19:59 pm »
I'm still trying to figure that one out.  Poster children for E.D. and some kind of woman gank.

:beer: