Author Topic: Obama Orders Cities And Towns To Racially Integrate  (Read 1764 times)

rangerrebew

Obama Orders Cities And Towns To Racially Integrate
« on: July 09, 2015, 10:08:01 am »
- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

Obama Orders Cities And Towns To Racially Integrate

Posted By Rachel Stoltzfoos On 4:09 PM 07/08/2015 In | No Comments

The Obama administration unveiled new rules Wednesday to rid the country of racially segregated neighborhoods by directing cities and towns to set goals for reducing segregation, and then regularly report their progress to the feds.

Communities nationwide will be given a series of questions designed to help them figure out whether racial bias is causing segregated neighborhoods, racial or ethnically concentrated areas of poverty, unequal access to opportunity or disproportionate housing needs in their jurisdiction. They will be required to set goals related to that data and publicly report on their progress every three to five years.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development rule is intended to prod communities to meet fair housing standards established in the Fair Housing Act of 1986, by making previously unavailable or unreliable data accessible to the public, which could then use the data as an impetus for change.

The Fair Housing Act requires the government to not only eliminate racial discrimination in housing, but also to encourage racially integrated neighborhoods.

“This is the most serious effort that HUD has ever undertaken to do that,” HUD Secretary Julian Castro told The Washington Post. “I believe that it’s historic.”

HUD will compile the data into a central database where anyone can look at the mapped data and determine what kinds of changes need to happen in their community. HUD will support communities working to integrate and federal dollars will be on the line.

The rule follows a Supreme Court decision, based on the Fair Housing Act, that any housing policy that disproportionately impacts minorities can be targeted in a lawsuit, regardless of the intent of the policy. It could indirectly force some states to move Section 8 housing to high-income suburbs.

Follow Rachel on Twitter

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/08/obama-orders-cities-and-towns-to-racially-integrate/

Offline aligncare

Re: Obama Orders Cities And Towns To Racially Integrate
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 10:21:45 am »
... A recipe for disaster the social engineers are cooking up.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 02:10:04 pm »
If you aren't in a very rural area already - get there. None of this crap means anything out in the sticks.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 02:49:15 pm »
You missed this, Free Vulcan: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,174124.0.html

Rural areas are far from safe.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 03:20:15 pm »
You missed this, Free Vulcan: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,174124.0.html

It's true there are no places of escape left to us.  I hope to go rural very soon, as soon as I settle my father's estate.  At least I may have some peace and quiet before it all goes dark. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 03:43:02 pm »

That is their dream and has been so for decades. Not very plausible right now for the fact it'd never pass legal hurdles, nor can we afford it, and it'd probably spark a civil war.

However, if we lose a great deal of population due to economic catastrophe, you can guarantee they'll make their move. It's the only way. Let's face it - even in liberal states, the liberals are all in the city unless you have something like Vermont with a large ex-urban population. The govt ain't got enough money or troops to enforce it right now.

My personal opinion is that they don't want to keep this country together. After a severe economic depression, they'll let China, Russia, Mexico, and possibly Cuba invade to take territory, while other states secede to Canada. They might try this with what's left after that though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 03:59:01 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 12:31:56 am »
I live on the outskirts (outside city limits) of a somewhat impoverished small town in W.Va. According to the 2010 census, the racial makeup of the city was 96.3% White, 1.9% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 0.4% from other races, and 1.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.2% of the population. I've never heard of any racial tension, mostly because everyone - white or black - always was equally poor and figured they were all in this together. It would not surprise me, though, if Obama's efforts to instigate racial conflict ultimately succeeded even here.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 01:03:20 am »
I live on the outskirts (outside city limits) of a somewhat impoverished small town in W.Va. According to the 2010 census, the racial makeup of the city was 96.3% White, 1.9% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 0.4% from other races, and 1.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.2% of the population. I've never heard of any racial tension, mostly because everyone - white or black - always was equally poor and figured they were all in this together. It would not surprise me, though, if Obama's efforts to instigate racial conflict ultimately succeeded even here.
The one thing that might prevent that from happening is that the people trying to instigate this aren't targeting the poor rural areas.

I was reading a front-page story on The Buffalo News this morning and it was discussing how to deal with the issue. Their solution was to try and muscle affordable housing into the wealthier suburbs. Then they showed a map of how the races are distributed in Erie County: other than the Indian reservation, the suburbs are all fairly well-integrated. The most segregated areas? Well, the core of the inner city is over 85% black. The rural parts of the county, however, are over 85% white. Both are relatively impoverished. Housing is affordable. Yet the segregation is still there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 10:24:44 am »
These social engineers should be careful what they push for.

Rich whites may take this as an opportunity to reclaim some of the prime inner-city areas around rivers and lakes, and other scenic sections of towns where white populations once predominated before the era of white flight and the influx of poor minorities.

Offline evadR

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 12:21:15 pm »
Remember how well busing worked?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.