Author Topic: BREAKING>>>>Supreme court declares same-sex marriage a right in 5-4 vote  (Read 13948 times)

Online GourmetDan

It's weird...but just like they tell us about Islam....the crazies are in the minority.

And that holds true in every group.

We're not all Dylan Roof, ya know!    :laugh:

And those crazies will cause a whole lot of damage... just like in Islam.

And actually... just FYI, if you're a white male... you are assumed to be Dylan Roof...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That is the most ironic piece of the puzzle. NOBODY is getting married these days. The millennial disdain marriage. It is so common to meet a couple who have been together 10+ years, have a home together, have multiple children, and have never been married.

When you ask them why they didn't get married, they do not even understand the question. They ask you back, Why? Why should we? We are not religious.

In these times, there really is not much point to being married. All the child support laws, and separation laws, and tax/health laws apply nearly equally whether a couple is married or not. It is all part of the decades long plan to secularize society.

In fact, again ironically, the only people who seem to 'want' to get married, are a small percentage of radical gays, with a transgendered, transracial, homosexual, hermaphrodite, cross dressing, formerly jewish 'sort of' priest. But they missed the bus. Nobody else is doing it these days.

Their straight friends might go to their gay wedding and wish them well, but on the drive home the straight normal guys are laughing their ass off and saying, 'What? Are these guys freakin' crazy?'. Who gets married anymore? That is so last century.

Before you know it, "marriage", as it is called, is going to be strictly a 'gay' thing. No one else wants anything to do with it.

And from my life experience, I don't blame them. Just ask all the gay guys who have been divorced. Ask them how much fun that is. Welcome to the real world, perverts.

Great rant. 240B!   And good points made. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

And those crazies will cause a whole lot of damage... just like in Islam.

And actually... just FYI, if you're a white male... you are assumed to be Dylan Roof...

Reading all this crap going on today...sometimes I feel like I'm working on it!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline cammie

Hoestly....what is the big deal?

More than 50% of 'regular' marriages end in divorce.  So much for reverent unions, etc..  Gimme a break.

If two people love each other and care enough that the living partner enjoys the legal protections afforded heterosexual man/woman marriage...I fail to see what there is that we need to get bent out of shape over it.

I just don't get or understand the hand wringing over this.

Compared to what happened the day prior regarding 'Obamacare', this doesn't phase me.    :shrug:

I'm not bent out of shape over gays getting married -frankly I am fine with gay civil marriage. I am bent out of shape over the way the Constitution was trashed in order to achieve it.  And the second any church gets in legal trouble for refusing to marry them, I will be fine with the US breaking up over it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:27:34 pm by cammie »

Offline Charlespg

The Supreme court can declare a dog a  cat or a fish to be  a horse,for I care
It still cant change the laws of laws of God  and nature

progressives  and the lavender mob  can try  to legitimize deviancy all they want

but they will never gain my acceptance nor anything but my contempt for this abomination  or the mindless lemmings cheering this as they follow the rest of society in stampeding over a cliff

Both  funny and pathetic  when I  really  look at it  :silly: **nononono*
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Reading all this crap going on today...sometimes I feel like I'm working on it!    :laugh:

Look at the bright side.

At least Mitt Romney isn't POTUS.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

Look at the bright side.

Point taken.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I'm not bent out of shape over gays getting married -frankly I am fine with gay civil marriage. I am bent out of shape over the way the Constitution was trashed in order to achieve it.  And the second any church gets in legal trouble for refusing to marry them, I will be fine with the US breaking up over it.

Pretty much my thoughts as well, although expressed much more succinctly.

Offline NavyCanDo

All timed with Pride Week, did you notice?   Which is growing in popularity ten-fold each year and will soon be our largest Nation wide summer celebration. Yes, bigger than the 4th of July soon.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mountaineer

All timed with Pride Week, did you notice?   Which is growing in popularity ten-fold each year and will soon be our largest Nation wide summer celebration. Yes, bigger than the 4th of July soon.
July 4 merely celebrates old, white slaveholders, anyway.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

It's not so much that the Constitution was thrashed, but more that Kennedy's decision was incoherently imprecise.

He could have grounded his decision on the Due Process Clause and arrived at the verdict of fairly solid ground, or on the Equal Protection Clause, but he sort of married them together in a way that the SCOTUS hasn't done before.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Right_in_Virginia

goopo

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Gay marriage is not, and never has been, about gay people getting married. They don't want to get married any more than anyone else wants to get married.

It is about them shoving their perversion down society's throat using the force of government and courts. It is, and always has been, about absolute power, and nothing more than that.

It is an attack on religion, primarily Christianity, norms, history, the Constitution, and American society as a whole.

Gay marriage has nothing to do with 'love' or 'commitment' or any of the things normally associated with marriage. It is purely an act of defiance against what is considered normal cultural behavior. They want to tear it all down by force, by force of government and law. That is why these, so called, 'marriages' with have the staying power of weeks or months. Once they commit their 'act of defiance' and 'victory' over the prudes in society, then the reality of what they have done will start to hit. Since their are no children involved, no generational concerns, it can never be a complete family structure. It will always be just two dudes, or two girls, living together which is what it always was with or without a sham 'marriage'.

I don't understand. I would never eat a cake baked by a person who was forced to do it under force of law. Who knows what they would do to that cake?

I would never be married by a priest who was theoretically 'blessing me' because some lawyer is standing off the side with a gun to his head. Who knows what kind of curses and bad karma would come from that.

They can dance and scream and 'make a point' if they want, but I stand by my earlier statement. This will work out to be the worst thing that could have ever been done to 'the homosexual community' as it is called. This ruling is going to lead to a world of trouble for them. And there is no longer a safe way out.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Conservative Lawmakers and Faith Groups Seek Exemptions After Same-Sex Ruling

Erik Eckholm
The New York Times
June 26, 2015

Within hours of the Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage, an array of conservatives including the governors of Texas and Louisiana and religious groups called for stronger legal protections for those who want to avoid any involvement in same-sex marriage, like catering a gay wedding or providing school housing to gay couples, based on religious beliefs.

They demanded establishing clear religious exemptions from discrimination laws, tax penalties or other government regulations for individuals, businesses and religious-affiliated institutions wishing to avoid endorsing such marriages.
More

Online DCPatriot

Look at the bright side.

Good one, Luis!   That's gonna leave on mark on some people here.   :beer:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Good one, Luis!   That's gonna leave on mark on some people here.   :beer:

Who here did not support Mitt Romney in the general election of 2012?  As I recall we all had R-squareds in our handles.

Offline Relic

Who here did not support Mitt Romney in the general election of 2012?  As I recall we all had R-squareds in our handles.

Some people are here for the sole purpose of tweaking others.

I supported Romney as much as I've ever supported any candidate. But I don't think Romney would have made any difference in this case. Americans under 40 are social liberals, and that's where we are headed.

Online DCPatriot

I may be mistaken but I could have sworn at least a couple to a few here declared they would not vote for Romney, but would either abstain or vote 3rd party or write-in.

Online DCPatriot

I supported Romney as much as I've ever supported any candidate. But I don't think Romney would have made any difference in this case. Americans under 40 are social liberals, and that's where we are headed.

We do like to "tweak" those who said Romney was the ultimate RINO who essentially gave Massachusetts his version of Obamacare...claiming that he didn't pass the Conservative purity test.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Conservative Lawmakers and Faith Groups Seek Exemptions After Same-Sex Ruling

Erik Eckholm
The New York Times
June 26, 2015
More

The Roberts Court has been very consistent on defending religious liberties.

From Lobby Hobby to the religious liberties of prisoners, their opinions have consistently protected individual religious freedom.

• Pleasant Grove City v. Summon - In a 9-0 decision, the Court upheld the right of a religious group to put up a display the Ten Commandments in a public park
  • Salazar, et al v. Buono - In a 5-4 decision the Court upheld the constitutionality of the Mojave Cross being displayed in a National Park
  • Hein v. Freedom From Religion Foundation - In a 5-4 decision the Court rejected the plaintiff's standing in challenging the allocation of government funds to faith-based organizations.
  • Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church and School v EEOC - in a 9-0 decision the Court defended the right of a religious institution to select its ministers
  • Burwell V. Hobby Lobby - In a 5-4 decision, the SCOTUS ruled that for-profit institutions run by religious individuals would not be required to pay for contraceptives for their employees.
  • Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization v. Winn - In a 5-4 decision the Court denied Arizona taxpayers the right to challenge tax credits for tuition payments to a parochial school.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Quite a number of them, and many, many more outside of here.

Now, there's a number of them pledging to not vote for Jeb Bush if he wins the nomination,

I can only take people by their stated positions.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

That is kind of the point. Since the American Government and Media have been promoting their secularist ideals over the last half century, the zeitgeist of modern America is that religion is stupid, marriage is stupid, and nothing has any meaning, except the power of the State.

So, why shouldn't gays be married? Why shouldn't dogs be married? (which is a real thing in America). Why can't I marry my two canaries? This is what we have become. Marriage is meaningless. So, I would let a gay couple marry the same way I would marry my dog to another dog. What does it matter?

Why shouldn't anything be 'married' to anything? Since marriage is stupid and does not exist, and nothing means anything, then why not?

This is what the radical Left have constructed. This is what our culture has bought into.

It will culminate and explode. It has to. Because what they are constructing is entirely against the normal ebb and flow of even basic human nature. But, the Left thinks they can get away with it. I doubt it. I think they will be the first ones led to the guillotines, when this all boils to a head. Just as they have been, countless times before us.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

He would not likely appointed liberals like Obama did; Kagan and Sotomeyer.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
After Gay Marriage Decision, Mississippi May Stop Issuing All Marriage Licenses

Polly Mosendz
Newsweek
June 26, 2015

Mississippi is considering pulling the plug on issuing marriage licenses altogether after the Supreme Court struck down bans on gay marriage Friday morning.

As the state's governor and lieutenant governor condemned the court's decision, state House Judiciary Chairman Andy Gipson began studying ways to prevent gay marriage in Mississippi. Governor Phil Bryant said he would do all he can "to protect and defend the religious freedoms of Mississippi." To Bryant's point of doing "all" the state could do, Gipson, who is a Baptist minister, suggested removing marriage licenses entirely.
More

Related thread: Alabama moves to do away with marriage licenses

Offline Relic

He would not likely appointed liberals like Obama did; Kagan and Sotomeyer.

Maybe. But, Romney did tend to bend to the prevailing winds.