Author Topic: BREAKING>>>>Supreme court declares same-sex marriage a right in 5-4 vote  (Read 14172 times)

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
There will be no controversy whatsoever, all anyone will see is victory lap after victory lap from the left, breathlessly reported by the media. One Hollywood celebration after another. Any opposition has been successfully ostracized and driven underground.  Who won the Cold War? 

And after the many rounds of celebration are over, the next steps will begin, after some time has passed of course to consolidate and enforce the popular opinion.  And those will not be controversial either...for nothing truly can be for long in a country with such a well-established popular culture.  And then tax status for the holdouts still in existence will come into question, and follow the same path. Opposition - or alternative thinking - will be deemed criminal.  Religious liberty will fall with barely a whimper.  And guns - the second Amenment will fall as well one day - will be Hollywood's next campaign. And that too will succeed in the same manner. The path is set and no real opposition is possible with America's current population.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
All the attention is paid to those faith denominations which oppose this ruling, but what about those denominations which approve of it?

Isn't that religious freedom, too? Or does the religious right hold that their beliefs are superior, to all others? And they desire the state to hold that to be so?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline andy58-in-nh

I'm thinking of transitioning.

That's right, I want to be on the winning team so I'm declaring here and now I'm becoming a democrat.

The surgery is scheduled for next month. My surgeon assures me I can function just fine without my frontal lobes – democrats have been doing it for decades.

Good luck on your Trans-Idiot surgery. I know it's a difficult decision, but after it's done, you won't ever recall being concerned about it.  :tongue2:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There will be no controversy whatsoever, all anyone will see is victory lap after victory lap from the left, breathlessly reported by the media. One Hollywood celebration after another. Any opposition has been successfully ostracized and driven underground.  Who won the Cold War? 

And after the many rounds of celebration are over, the next steps will begin, after some time has passed of course to consolidate and enforce the popular opinion.  And those will not be controversial either...for nothing truly can be for long in a country with such a well-established popular culture.  And then tax status for the holdouts still in existence will come into question, and follow the same path. Opposition - or alternative thinking - will be deemed criminal.  Religious liberty will fall with barely a whimper.  And guns - the second Amenment will fall as well one day - will be Hollywood's next campaign. And that too will succeed in the same manner. The path is set and no real opposition is possible with America's current population.

That is exactly the way it is going.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
All the attention is paid to those faith denominations which oppose this ruling, but what about those denominations which approve of it?

Isn't that religious freedom, too? Or does the religious right hold that their beliefs are superior, to all others? And they desire the state to hold that to be so?

Right, but the conservatives aren't asking that those pro-gay churches lose their tax exempt status, and no one is wanting to dictate what they believe, how they hire, and who they marry. The religious right ultimately will not be allowed to speak their beliefs or practice their faith unless it falls under state mandated political correct guidelines of forced thought and morality.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Charlespg

Well the wild card in this is going to be the Blacks and Hispanics

the Hispanics are predominantly Catholic
and a lot of black churches ,despite what the NAACP   and the media say,
are opposed to gay marrige
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Online Right_in_Virginia

This ruling was fully expected, and very much in the tradition of Roe v Wade and other recent instances of very bad law.

The USA is now a lonely, desolate place place indeed for anyone who believes in traditional values, natural rights, or even states' rights.  Federal institutionalism is the omnipotent tyrant, and it simply does not matter one whit what the constitution says, or even what the people say.

Warning to all the progressives: you will rue the day you wished for this all-encompassing federal government. 

I was nodding in agreement until your warning.  To "rue" they have to understand what they've thrown away.  And they do not.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I was nodding in agreement until your warning.  To "rue" they have to understand what they've thrown away.  And they do not.

You may be right, but sooner or later they will age and look at the things -- both tangible and intangible -- that their parents had that they do not.

Offline Relic

You may be right, but sooner or later they will age and look at the things -- both tangible and intangible -- that their parents had that they do not.

And they will wallow in their victimhood. They will curse the "new normal", and wish they had been "lucky" like their parents.

The only hope for change is a new generation, hardened by tough economic times, and oppression. A generation made strong by working for necessities will be strong enough to reject the indoctrination, and find their own truth.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Take heart guys, there are gays all over the country who are crapping in their pants right  now. In some, not all, gay people, the idea of being gay is all about a Miltonesque kind of rebellion against God, society, norms, and institutions.

The very last thing these people want to think about is marriage. This agenda is being pushed primarily not by average homosexuals, but rather by militant, activist, homosexuals who have a specific agenda against Christianity and the Church. This is a small percentage of all homosexuals. Most homosexuals have no interest whatsoever in being 'married', and most have an deep aversion to it. I mean, after all, no marriage, no kids, was part of the allure of homosexuality to begin with for most of them.

Now, with Robert's latest royal edict (which, as usual, is not based on any law or precedent), they are going to face pressure to 'marry', which they never expected and do not want. This is more of a problem for the homosexuals than it is for us.

In exceedingly typical fashion, the Liberals who, as always, "only want to help", have screwed everything up for the very people they intended to babysit, and take care of.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:11:33 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

This whole push for marriage equality is nothing but a cabal cooked up by divorce lawyers.

Just trying to lighten the mood here.

Offline Charlespg

Take heart guys, there are gays all over the country who are crapping in their pants right  now. In some, not all, gay people, the idea of being gay is all about a Miltonesque kind of rebellion against God, society, norms, and institutions.

The very last thing these people want to think about is marriage. This agenda is being pushed primarily not by average homosexuals, but rather by militant, activist, homosexuals who have a specific agenda against Christianity and the Church. This is a small percentage of all homosexuals. Most homosexuals have no interest whatsoever in being 'married', and most have an deep aversion to it. I mean, after all, no marriage, no kids, was part of the allure of homosexuality to begin with for most of them.

Now, with Robert's latest royal edict (which, as usual, is not based on any law or precedent), they are going to face pressure to 'marry', which they never expected and do not want. This is more of a problem for the homosexuals than it is for us.

In exceedingly typical fashion, the Liberals who, as always, "only want to help", have screwed everything up for the very people they intended to babysit, and take care of.
agreed I hope this blows up in their faces
I just talked to my mother on cell phone and she mentioned a lot of recent talk  in the local news about a convention of states, also what the reaction of the black churches and black muslims   will be to this crap
Obozo can take his blackness only so far
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/246341-cruz-scotus-rulings-plunge-nation-into-darkest-hours

Cruz: Rulings among the 'darkest 24 hours in our nation’s history'
By Ben Kamisar - 06/26/15 05:56 PM EDT

Supreme Court decisions affirming ObamaCare and granting a national right to same sex marriage have brought “some of the darkest 24 hours in our nation’s history,” Sen. Ted Cruz said Friday.

“Today is some of the darkest 24 hours in our nation’s history,” he said on The Sean Hannity Show, the Fox pundit’s radio program, on Friday.

“Yesterday and today were both naked and shameless judicial activism.”

While many other Republican presidential hopefuls sent out statements deriding the Friday decision, Cruz’s campaign did not.

He took to the Senate floor to slam the Affordable Care Act ruling on Thursday, panning it as “disgraceful.”

“Six justices joined the Obama administration, you now have Barack Obama, Kathleen Sebelius, and six justices responsible for forcing failed disaster of a law on millions of Americans, and simply rewriting the law in a way that is fundamentally contrary to their judicial oath,” he told Hannity Friday.

He then shifted to Friday’s decision.

“Today, this radical decision purporting to down the marriage laws of every state. It has no connection to the United States Constitution,” he said.

“They are simply making it up. It is lawless, and in doing so, they have undermined the fundamental legitimacy of the United States Supreme Court.”

Cruz has warned against this decision for months and filed text for a constitutional amendment in April that defines marriage as heterosexual.

In a narrow victory for advocates of same-sex marriage, Justice Anthony Kennedy sided with the four liberal-leaning justices on Friday to make those marriages legal across the country. He framed marriage as a fundamental right and argued that it would be a violation of the Constitution’s equal protection clause to bar same-sex couples from marrying.

But all four conservative justices penned dissents criticizing that ruling. Chief Justice John Roberts warned that the decision has “nothing to do” with the constitution. Fresh off of his scathing dissent in Thursday’s 6-3 decision to back the administration’s expansion of health care subsidies to those in states that hadn’t set up localized exchanges, Justice Antonin Scalia also penned his own dissent.

“I write separately to call attention to this Court’s threat to American democracy,” he wrote.

“Today’s decree says that my Ruler, and the Ruler of 320 million Americans coast-to-coast, is a majority of the nine lawyers on the Supreme Court.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
sinkspur wrote above:
[[ If you are part of a Christian denomination, you may as well prepare for your church to lose its tax exemption within five years. The gay lobby is not done forcing their views down your throat. ]]

Listen folks, I'm not the brightest guy in this room, but I've been wondering...
...what would happen if churches were to "lose their tax exemption"?

Let's suppose a small church in smalltown USA can no longer claim a tax exemption on the basis of being a "religious institution".
Why couldn't churches simply declare themselves to be "for profit" organizations?

When you consider the assets a particular church owns, vis-a-vis the "revenue" it takes in at collection time on Sunday, how many "for profit" churches would actually be operating "at a profit", and how many would be engendering losses?

Considering the cost of maintenance, and the cost of paying the staff, cost of paying property taxes, etc., most churches would be money-losing organizations. They wouldn't be paying federal, state, or local income taxes. In many cases, they might even qualify for tax breaks.

It's time to stop wringing hands about religions losing tax exemptions, and to start thinking about how they could go on -- and perhaps even do better financially -- in the wake of such government action.

If we're not willing to consider this now, we will be forced to consider it later...

Offline GourmetDan

This whole push for marriage equality is nothing but a cabal cooked up by divorce lawyers.

Exactly... how you gonna decide who's going to be the 'husband' who gets reamed in court?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Hoestly....what is the big deal?

More than 50% of 'regular' marriages end in divorce.  So much for reverent unions, etc..  Gimme a break.

If two people love each other and care enough that the living partner enjoys the legal protections afforded heterosexual man/woman marriage...I fail to see what there is that we need to get bent out of shape over it.

I just don't get or understand the hand wringing over this.

Compared to what happened the day prior regarding 'Obamacare', this doesn't phase me.    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

I fail to see what there is that we need to get bent out of shape over it.

Well stay tuned... this is only the beginning, not the end... and it won't be about 'two people who love each other'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well stay tuned... this is only the beginning, not the end... and it won't be about 'two people who love each other'...

Well said ! This is the trial lawyer full employment wet dream!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

Well said ! This is the trial lawyer full employment wet dream!

And why is that?  'They' only represent less than 2% of the population...supposedly.

....although everything seems "gay" today.  LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And why is that?  'They' only represent less than 2% of the population...supposedly.

....although everything seems "gay" today.  LOL!

Just take a seat and watch what comes down the pike because of this idiocy!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

Because any of the remaining 98% who disagree can now be legally attacked by said 2%.

Dissent is now against the Constitution...

Online DCPatriot

Because any of the remaining 98% who disagree can now be legally attacked by said 2%.

Dissent is now against the Constitution...

But that's the point.   Maybe it's time for the rest of us to get with the program.

Sure, I quite aware of the flaming queens and bull dykes that are among that protected group.

But we all know some beautiful and wonderful people that come from that group too, don't we?

Offline GourmetDan

But that's the point.   Maybe it's time for the rest of us to get with the program.

Sure, I quite aware of the flaming queens and bull dykes that are among that protected group.

The point is that you won't have any choice but to 'get with the program'. 

Unfortunately, it will be the flaming queens and bull dykes that drive said 'program' because perversion has been normalized and dissent is now illegal...

Online DCPatriot

The point is that you won't have any choice but to 'get with the program'. 

Unfortunately, it will be the flaming queens and bull dykes that drive said 'program' because perversion has been normalized and dissent is now illegal...

It's weird...but just like they tell us about Islam....the crazies are in the minority.

And that holds true in every group.

We're not all Dylan Roof, ya know!    :laugh:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That is the most ironic piece of the puzzle. NOBODY is getting married these days. The millennial disdain marriage. It is so common to meet a couple who have been together 10+ years, have a home together, have multiple children, and have never been married.

When you ask them why they didn't get married, they do not even understand the question. They ask you back, Why? Why should we? We are not religious.

In these times, there really is not much point to being married. All the child support laws, and separation laws, and tax/health laws apply nearly equally whether a couple is married or not. It is all part of the decades long plan to secularize society.

In fact, again ironically, the only people who seem to 'want' to get married, are a small percentage of radical gays, with a transgendered, transracial, homosexual, hermaphrodite, cross dressing, formerly jewish 'sort of' priest. But they missed the bus. Nobody else is doing it these days.

Their straight friends might go to their gay wedding and wish them well, but on the drive home the straight normal guys are laughing their ass off and saying, 'What? Are these guys freakin' crazy?'. Who gets married anymore? That is so last century.

Before you know it, "marriage", as it is called, is going to be strictly a 'gay' thing. No one else wants anything to do with it.

And from my life experience, I don't blame them. Just ask all the gay guys who have been divorced. Ask them how much fun that is. Welcome to the real world, perverts.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.