Author Topic: Limbaugh: ‘The Confederate Flag Is the Legacy of Democrats, Not Republicans’  (Read 4523 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You do realize there were American Indians and Free Blacks who owned slaves?  You do understand not all slaves were black?  But when you paint with a broad brush it covers the details.

Yes, of course.

But, just because...proportionately speaking, there were a 'few' Free Blacks that owned slaves, doesn't erase the overall concept that is was the White European that brought them from Africa in the first place.

...and who in the hell cares that indigent Indians owned slaves?  Geesh.   So did the Aztecs and Incas.

How far back do you want to go in grasping straws?   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

Yes, of course.

But, just because...proportionately speaking, there were a 'few' Free Blacks that owned slaves, doesn't erase the overall concept that is was the White European that brought them from Africa in the first place.

...and who in the hell cares that indigent Indians owned slaves?  Geesh.   So did the Aztecs and Incas.

I'm not grasping at straws.  I'm refusing to be cowed by political correctness.   :nometalk:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You do realize there were American Indians and Free Blacks who owned slaves?  You do understand not all slaves were black?  But when you paint with a broad brush it covers the details.

And the cotton producers among them pretty much all had gins but no mechanical means to plant, care for, pick, and transport the crop from the fields to the gin. Anyone who thinks that maintaining the labor force to do that 24/7/365 was free is CRAZY!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yes, of course.

And just who was providing them to those white Europeans so that they could be transported?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

And just who was providing them to those white Europeans so that they could be transported?

I suppose it comes down to human nature itself.

I'm sure there was an African tribal 'mafia' that enriched themselves by providing 'product' to ship.

...if the economy ever tanks like it has in Greece today, I'm sure there will be certain Americans that would get into the 'slave trade'...providing good, healthy progressives [product] to a willing, ready and able buyer.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Do you believe there's something wrong with blacks displaying signs that state "Black Power"

Yes.

"... and that they should be prohibited from so doing?"

No.

I can easily recognize the right of someone to do something that I disapprove of, or that I am vehemently opposed to without creating a conflict in my head.

Everyone here would probably describe me as a supporter of same-sex marriage, and that wouldn't be accurate. I am happily married to a wonderful woman, and I've been married to enough women in my lifetime that I can safely say that the traditional one man, one woman version of the marriage options is what works best for me. Yet, I also easily recognize that the fact that I belong to one team doesn't mean that I think the other team should be banned from the field. My support of one team does not automatically translate into an opposition to the other.

Except in the case of the Washington Redskins.

Screw them.

How 'bout dem Cowboys!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:29:29 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot