Author Topic: Limbaugh: ‘The Confederate Flag Is the Legacy of Democrats, Not Republicans’  (Read 4524 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I just don't understand why banning the Democrat battle flag is a conservative issue?

Because the media has said it is a Republican issue, that's all it takes.  Controlling the media is controlling the message - and the majority of Americans swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

Because the left is so cunning and the media so ideologically driven and dumbed down that they actually have the American populus convinced that it is endemic republican "racism" (as represented by the confederate flag) that is at the heart of this heinous act (the church massacre).

Offline aligncare

Because the media has said it is a Republican issue, that's all it takes.  Controlling the media is controlling the message - and the majority of Americans swallow it hook, line and sinker.

How many times, alice, have I asked you to give me a chance to say what's on my mind before you do?

Offline alicewonders

How many times, alice, have I asked you to give me a chance to say what's on my mind before you do?

LOL!  You gotta keep reminding me ac! 

Offline Paladin

Lol. And both of you ladies (I assume) are spot on with your comments.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

:im waiting:

Why does everyone think I'm a woman?  You...you, don't think I'm transitioning, do you?

Well, thank goodness for those courageous few who blazed the trail for guys like me ...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
:im waiting:

Why does everyone think I'm a woman?  You...you, don't think I'm transitioning, do you?

Well, thank goodness for those courageous few who blazed the trail for guys like me ...

Can we talk about the cat?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

Real men rescue cats.

***evilkitty

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Real men rescue cats.

***evilkitty

Damned right, Sal.

I just rescued two Himalayan/Persian mix...sisters...3 years old.   :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

Offline alicewonders

Damned right, Sal.

I just rescued two Himalayan/Persian mix...sisters...3 years old.   :tongue2:

You too!   888heartkitty

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Real men rescue cats.

***evilkitty

Absolutely.

And bunnies, hamsters, and pot bellied pigs... but I'm talking about your avatar.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Paladin

Why does everyone think I'm a woman?

I apologize for the mistaken assumption, Aligncare. Upon reflection I think my misunderstanding arose from the fact you have such a nice picture of a bleep as your avatar.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

I apologize for the mistaken assumption, Aligncare. Upon reflection I think my misunderstanding arose from the fact you have such a nice picture of a bleep as your avatar.

Hey, no problem. It's a unisex world we live in today. Anyway, I see my avi more as an artistic statement and not really reflective of a gender stereotype.

Offline alicewonders

Hey, no problem. It's a unisex world we live in today. Anyway, I see my avi more as an artistic statement and not really reflective of a gender stereotype.

I think your avatar is a picture of a very manly cat!

Offline Paladin

I apologize for the mistaken assumption, Aligncare. Upon reflection I think my misunderstanding arose from the fact you have such a nice picture of a bleep as your avatar

Bleep? Bleep? Did some moderator do that or is there a list of proscribed words which are automatically deleted? After all, what I did was call Aligncare's avatar a nice pic of a pus*sy.

Obviously I meant the manly cat.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:11:44 am by Paladin »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I think your avatar is a picture of a very manly cat!

Your cat however, is a little unsettling.

Offline alicewonders

Your cat however, is a little unsettling.

Kind of a Cheshire cat? :laugh:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Kind of a Cheshire cat? :laugh:

... that's done an 8-ball of blow maybe?

Offline alicewonders

... that's done an 8-ball of blow maybe?

Maybe just a dozen Red Bulls?

8888spinning cat

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Been doing a little reading on the subject of the Confederate flag.

It was designed by William Thompson, an editor for the Savannah Morning News at the time.

Here's what he wrote about the meaning of the flag, as published on the April 23, 1863 edition of the Savannah Morning News:

That's an accurate description of the flag flying in the South Carolina Capitol days after the massacre at Emanuel AME Church.

The man who designed the flag could not be clearer as to the symbolism of the banner he designed:

I don't have an issue with racism. People have a right to be racist, just don't go putting lipstick on this pig.

The flag is symbol of racism.

It was when it was designed.

It was during the Jim Crow era.

It still is today.

Source: Our Flag by George Preble

Offline aligncare

I got to hand it to you, Luis. You kept driving the point home and made a very persuasive argument.

But, I have a feeling no matter what we do, in the larger culture the stigma of the flag will somehow be historically attached to the Republican Party.

Such is our plight in a post-rational America.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Luis, I have no problems with what the Confederate flag "represents", either as defined by those who first designed it, or even by you.

You may call me whatever you wish.
It makes no difference, and will not change what I believe.

By the way, the pic above with the "white power" banner -- what's wrong with that?

Do you believe there's something wrong with blacks displaying signs that state "Black Power" and that they should be prohibited from so doing?
I don't.

Do you believe there's something wrong with illegals displaying flags with the icon of La Raza?
Let them do so.

Regardless of what you post here, it's not going to change how the blacks -- or Hispanics -- behave, or what they think. They are who they are.

And so it goes with the Euro-Americans.
We are who we are. It's about time we recognized that, and its about time we stopped cowering for being "who we are" in the nation that we created.

Aligncare writes above:
[[ Such is our plight in a post-rational America.  ]]

No.
As a nation, we have not been "racially rational" for five decades now. For that long, the "conversation on race" has been one-sided, and the other side's views (be they rational or emotional or whatever) have either been silenced or deemed "racis'" if one dared to speak out.
That period in our history is now coming to a close, hastened by the rule of the obammunists, and the "plight" (aligncare's word) that they have purposely instigated and abetted.

The period we now seem to be on the cusp of entering is one of "racial realism", where the fallacies and fantasies of the past 50 years can no longer be maintained by the left and by the media and academia that supports them.

Interesting times ahead...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Since "whites" were the slave masters and blacks were the slaves...then yes, I do have a problem with the Confederate flag.

But, I also realize that all those parties are long dead....and I also realize that 'history' has a habit of being revised.

So, I'll take it with a huge grain of salt, that the original designer was a rabid racist, and rather with to believe that it was a simple case of designing a flag/banner to represent the breakaway States who wanted to preserve their status quo...and thus their respective economies.

After all, not everybody could afford Eli's cotton gin back then.  [/s]   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

Since "whites" were the slave masters and blacks were the slaves...then yes, I do have a problem with the Confederate flag.

But, I also realize that all those parties are long dead....and I also realize that 'history' has a habit of being revised.

So, I'll take it with a huge grain of salt, that the original designer was a rabid racist, and rather with to believe that it was a simple case of designing a flag/banner to represent the breakaway States who wanted to preserve their status quo...and thus their respective economies.

After all, not everybody could afford Eli's cotton gin back then.  [/s]   :shrug:

You do realize there were American Indians and Free Blacks who owned slaves?  You do understand not all slaves were black?  But when you paint with a broad brush it covers the details.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.