Author Topic: Poll: Bush debuts in 1st, 1/3rd say he will win nomination  (Read 3391 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Poll: Bush debuts in 1st, 1/3rd say he will win nomination
« on: June 16, 2015, 05:32:59 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2566257

The timing of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's announcement today that he is jumping into the GOP presidential race is perfect as a new national poll finds that he is both the top choice and second choice of Republicans nationwide.

The Saint Leo University Polling Institute said that Bush is the top pick in the crowded field, with 16 percent choosing him. That is a 1 point increase over the Florida university's poll in March.

And asked who their second choice would be, Bush again led, said the polling outfit.

Two other key points:

• When asked who Republicans felt would "likely win" the GOP nomination, Bush was the runaway favorite at 29 percent. Next was Florida Sen. Marco Rubio tied with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz at 8 percent.

• Bush would still lose to Hillary Clinton in a general election, 47 percent to 43 percent, but the poll analysis said it was the best showing in the poll for a Republican.

"Bush is maintaining his position but seems to be losing some enthusiasm among Republicans," said Frank Orlando, instructor of political science at Saint Leo University. "His strongly favorable/strongly unfavorable rating among Republicans is as low as it's been since last June. Despite that, his head-to-head with Hillary Clinton result was his best showing ever in our national poll," added Orlando.

Poll questions:

We know it's early, but thinking about the presidential election in 2016. Here is a list of potential candidates who may run for the Republican nomination. If the Republican primary for president were held today, which one of the following would you support for the Republican nomination?

• 16% Jeb Bush

• 13% Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul

• 13% Texas Sen. Ted Cruz

• 10% Florida Sen. Marco Rubio

• 7% Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker

• 7% Dr. Ben Carson

• 6% New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie

• 5% former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee

Regardless of whom you personally support, which candidate do you think is most likely to win the Republican nomination for president in 2016?

• 29% Bush

• 8% Rubio

• 8% Cruz

• 7% Walker

• 7% Paul

• 6% Christie

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Poll: Bush debuts in 1st, 1/3rd say he will win nomination
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 05:39:11 pm »
If Jeb ends up the Nominee, I'm surely voting for him.

I would vote for Satan himself, over any Democrat.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 06:12:06 pm »

Me too, without reservation. (First choices for me include Walker, Perry, Rubio in no order at this time)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 08:37:53 pm »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 09:54:18 pm »
If Jeb ends up the Nominee, I'm surely voting for him.  I would vote for Satan himself, over any Democrat. 

Ah, the sacred rallying cry of conservative Republicans chanted at the start of each primary season is finally ready for 2016:    "If Jeb ends up the nominee, I'm surely voting for him"

With eleven small words we--over and over and over-- abdicate our power and cede any leverage.  And just as assuredly we'll collectively slink off and ponder yet again why no one in the GOP cares what the heck we think. 

Well, here's an answer:  We contribute to and we vote for whomever the establishment chooses.  And we make the choice to do this not after a hard fought battle of principle and strength.  No, we make these choices and publicize them at the START!! of the primary season.

I just don't get it.  I really do not.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:59:35 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 10:02:48 pm »
Ah, the sacred rallying cry of conservative Republicans chanted at the start of each primary season is finally ready for 2016:    "If Jeb ends up the nominee, I'm surely voting for him"

With eleven small words we--over and over and over-- abdicate our power and cede any leverage.  And just as assuredly we'll collectively slink off and ponder yet again why no one in the GOP cares what the heck we say.  Well, here's the answer:  We contribute to and we vote for whomever the establishment chooses. 

And we make this choice at the START!! of the primary season.

I just don't get it.  I really do not.

:facepalm2:   

Then there's the right wing meme. If it's not your choice, it's not the right choice or the choice of the people... it's "the establishment" choice.

Republicans vote for whomever they want to vote for in the primaries, then they support the Party's nominee in the general election. People who call themselves Republicans and do something other than that are a member of the Party in name only.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:11:49 pm »

With eleven small words we--over and over and over-- abdicate our power and cede any leverage.  And just as assuredly we'll collectively slink off and ponder yet again why no one in the GOP cares what the heck we think. 

Well, here's an answer:  We contribute to and we vote for whomever the establishment chooses.  And we make the choice to do this not after a hard fought battle of principle and strength.  No, we make these choices and publicize them at the START!! of the primary season.

I just don't get it.  I really do not.   :shrug:

Let me 'splain it to you, then.

Being able to cast a vote against any opponent; the types of whom are proudly put forth by the Democratic Party today....is the same to me as rescuing trapped children in a burning school bus....all the while SOCONS are just standing on the side of the road, screaming "See?  I told him to slow down!".

NOTE:  Never said Jeb Bush was any favorite of mine.  Definitely not, but he's heads and shoulders above Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley or Warren.

I've had enough of Democrats to last several lifetimes.  And the liberal MSM should be rounded up in boxcars.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:50:39 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 10:43:35 pm »

Same here.   Here's what I would love to see.   Lets skip the GOP debates, there is too many candidates to allow meaningful response time.  Have each one go into a one on one debate with Hillary, the smartest women on the planet, and the one that does best - that's our nominee.

Seriously, if Jeb becomes the nominee, we need to remember there is still a person to select as VP. That person could be far more conservative and could excite the disgruntled - as Romney did with Paul Ryan.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 10:50:26 pm »
Same here.   Here's what I would love to see.   Lets skip the GOP debates, there is too many candidates to allow meaningful response time.  Have each one go into a one on one debate with Hillary, the smartest women on the planet, and the one that does best - that's our nominee.

Seriously, if Jeb becomes the nominee, we need to remember there is still a person to select as VP. That person could be far more conservative and could excite the disgruntled - as Romney did with Paul Ryan.

It all comes down to this.  One vote for the GOP nominee cancels out one vote for the Commie, whomever it is, put forth by the Democrats.

I'm doing my part.   :patriot:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 10:51:28 pm »
I really don't think Jeb will beat Hillary. Republicans have an incredible candidate that would crush Hillary, but instead they will try to get another Bush in the White House and probably fail to do so.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 11:14:20 pm »
I really don't think Jeb will beat Hillary. Republicans have an incredible candidate that would crush Hillary, but instead they will try to get another Bush in the White House and probably fail to do so.

Nobody here actually disagrees with you, Dex....but if he's the only one standing in the end, you have to do your part and vote for him.

...twice if you're able.   :laugh:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 11:14:59 pm »
It all comes down to this.  One vote for the GOP nominee cancels out one vote for the Commie, whomever it is, put forth by the Democrats.

I'm doing my part.   :patriot:

Yep!   Not only doing my part, but I will double my efforts this election.   It's that important.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 11:31:45 pm »
Nobody here actually disagrees with you, Dex....but if he's the only one standing in the end, you have to do your part and vote for him.

I know this post wasn't to me, but DC, I've clung to this false hope with bloody fingernails for years and have always ended up going to the polls holding my nose and "doing my part". 

Where is the incentive for the GOP power brokers to move to the right, to include our political principles as more than lip service and allow our candidates a fair shot? 

When, if not now, do we fight?  When, if not now, do we say "no", we will not accept a Jeb Bush candidacy so you'd best pay attention?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 11:37:32 pm »
I know this post wasn't to me, but DC, I've clung to this false hope with bloody fingernails for years and have always ended up going to the polls holding my nose and "doing my part". 

Where is the incentive for the GOP power brokers to move to the right, to include our political principles as more than lip service and allow our candidates a fair shot? 

When, if not now, do we fight?  When, if not now, do we say "no", we will not accept a Jeb Bush candidacy so you'd best pay attention?

WORD
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 11:49:23 pm »
WORD

There's no way you legitimately have that many posts; I demand a recount.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 12:01:56 am »

She never sleeps.  She never eats.  She posts articles.  That's all she does and she won't stop until we're all dea......er, excuse me.     :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 12:15:00 am »

I would vote for Satan himself, over any Democrat.

Me to! But that does NOT mean that I am not going to do everything in my power to prevent having to vote for Jeb Bush in November of 2016!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 12:21:38 am »

We FIGHT between now and then to make sure that Jeb doesn't become the nominee!  The only way we are going to ever  beat the establishment is to do what we did when we gave Ronald Reagan the nomination!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 12:29:03 am »
She never sleeps.  She never eats.  She posts articles.  That's all she does and she won't stop until we're all dea......er, excuse me.     :shrug:

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 12:30:11 am »

You think I have a lot of posts take a look at AbaraXas
Support the USO

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 12:37:02 am »

Why do you feel entitled to expect the dreaded DC power brokers to move to the right, when you can't, by the volume of your vote, force them to move to the right?

The right wing vote isn't, by itself, sufficient to elect a suitable (for you) right-wing candidate, but it is enough to, by its absence from the general election, lose the race.

Cue in the "primaries are rigged" meme.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 12:38:08 am »
We FIGHT between now and then to make sure that Jeb doesn't become the nominee!  The only way we are going to ever  beat the establishment is to do what we did when we gave Ronald Reagan the nomination!

Oh good God man.

Reagan was the establishment.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 12:39:51 am »

Let me 'splain it to you, then.

Being able to cast a vote for any opponent; the types of whom are proudly put forth by the Democratic Party today....is the same to me as rescuing trapped children in a burning school bus....all the while SOCONS are just standing on the side of the road, screaming "See?  I told him to slow down!".

NOTE:  Never said Jeb Bush was any favorite of mine.  Definitely not, but he's heads and shoulders above Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley or Warren.

I've had enough of Democrats to last several lifetimes.  And the liberal MSM should be rounded up in boxcars.

I wish I'd said that.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 12:48:10 am »
I wish I'd said that.

:beer:  I say that after reading a lot of your posts! 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:48:39 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 12:50:55 am »
Oh good God man.

Reagan was the establishment.

Yeah! Right!

That's why the establishment fought him so! Still do in fact!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:51:47 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien