Author Topic: Kasich: I have 'best resume' for 2016  (Read 466 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich: I have 'best resume' for 2016
« on: May 31, 2015, 06:33:28 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/243561-kasich-i-have-best-resume-for-2016

May 31, 2015, 12:23 pm
Kasich: I have 'best resume' for 2016

By Mark Hensch

Gov. John Kasich (R-Ohio) said on Sunday that he had the strongest political background of any 2016 presidential candidate.

“I think it’s the best resume and a terrific record,” Kasich told host Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Kasich has long teased a White House run next year but has not yet publicly declared a bid.

“I’m optimistic about where we are,” he said Sunday.

“I don’t need to do this to have a good life but I think I can help our country,” Kasich added. “If I can really step up and help it, I intend to do it.”

Kasich has repeatedly touted his efforts combating crime in the Buckeye State.

He said on Sunday he would remain a fierce protector of its death penalty law while remaining in office there.

“I have supported the death penalty and will continue to do so,” Kasich said.

“A lot of families just want a sense of closure and to see justice done,” he said of victims who favored the state’s ultimate punishment.

“It isn’t about revenge, it is about justice,” he added.

Kasich additionally showed his bipartisan side by extending kind words toward Vice President Biden, a Democrat.

Biden’s son, Beau Biden, died on Saturday night at age 46 following a prolonged battle with brain cancer.

“Joe Biden is a special guy,” he said. “Whether you agree with him or not, he’s a standup guy.”

“I’m going to pray for him,” Kasich told Todd. “God bless you, Joe.”

Kasich said he understood Biden’s loss, given his closeness to his own family.

His loved ones, he added, are a major concern while he weighs an Oval Office bid.

“If I think I can’t win, Chuck, I don’t want to burden my family or my friends,” he told Todd.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Kasich: I have 'best resume' for 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 07:11:56 pm »
Governors Perry, Walker, Kasich, even Christie as a group have much deeper, better resumes than.....

Cruz, Rubio, Paul etc.  Just sayin.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 12:46:38 pm »
I've always preferred a governor as candidate. Not just any governor, of course (*cough* Christie), but in general.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 01:28:48 pm »
Kasich seems like a white bread candidate on the surface, but I heard him talking to Sean Hannity the other day and he was spot-on!  He was very dynamic and I would be happy to vote for him if he becomes our candidate. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!