Author Topic: Third try from Jeb Bush: Iraq hypotheticals do a disservice to fallen soldiers; Update: I wouldn’t have invaded, says Rubio  (Read 523 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/05/13/third-try-from-jeb-bush-iraq-hypotheticals-do-a-disservice-to-fallen-soldiers/

Third try from Jeb Bush: Iraq hypotheticals do a disservice to fallen soldiers; Update: I wouldn’t have invaded, says Rubio
posted at 5:21 pm on May 13, 2015 by Allahpundit

Whether he meant it this way or not, this answer’s going to be interpreted as “Bush says not letting him dodge questions about Iraq dishonors the troops.”

Think general election voters will let him slide?

Asked by an audience member during a Nevada town hall about his interview on the subject with FOX News’ Megyn Kelly, Bush reiterated his claim that he misheard her question about whether he would have authorized the invasion of Iraq. But he disputed the questioner’s premise in asking “Don’t you think running for president is hypothetical?”

“If we’re going to get back into hypotheticals, I think it does a disservice to a lot of people who sacrificed a lot,” Bush said…

“Talking about the future is more than fair. Talking about the past – and saying how would you have done something after the fact is a little tougher. And it doesn’t necessarily change anything. That was my point,” he said [to reporters] afterward.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If you are on your third try, you struck out already.

I believe he has done himself great harm, over this ongoing episode. Why? Because he ties himself to the highly unpopular Iraq War II, and he reminds that he is just another Bush, also very closely tied to Iraq War II unpopularity.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He's been dumb here and ignored the 30 second rule.

Whe in doubt, shut up.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

If you are on your third try, you struck out already.

I believe he has done himself great harm, over this ongoing episode. Why? Because he ties himself to the highly unpopular Iraq War II, and he reminds that he is just another Bush, also very closely tied to Iraq War II unpopularity.

I agree on both points.

I don't understand why he was he not prepared for the obvious question.  "Knowing what we know now, would you have invaded Iraq?"