Author Topic: Carly Fiorina lauches 2016 bid: 'Yes, I am running for president'  (Read 747 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/240910-fiorina-yes-i-am-running-for-president

May 04, 2015, 07:21 am
Carly Fiorina lauches 2016 bid: 'Yes, I am running for president'

By Kevin Cirilli

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina formally launched her 2016 Republican presidential campaign on Monday.

Despite having never held elected office, Fiorina told ABC's "Good Morning America" that believes Americans want a president from outside the "political class."

"I am running for president. I think I am the best person for the job because I understand how the economy actually works," she said.

"Our nation was intended to be a citizen government... [Americans] believe we need to return to a citizen government and so I think it's totally reasonable to look outside the political class."

Pundits view Fiorina as a long-shot candidate and she barely registers in most early polling. But she is the only expected female candidate in a crowded Republican presidential field.

She unsuccessfully challenged Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) during a 2010 Senate race.

In 1999, she became the first female CEO of a Fortune 20 company when she took over HP. Fiorina’s tenure was a central role in Boxer's political attacks against her during her Senate campaign.

Fiorina was fired in 2005 after a rocky tenure during which she merged the tech giant with Compaq.

Her supporters say she doubled the size of the company, boosted its innovation and planted seeds for long-term success. Her detractors say she was responsible for tumbling stock prices during her tenure.

Fiorina is a breast cancer survivor, which is detailed in her new book, Rising to the Challenge, to be released Tuesday. Her book is dedicated to her stepdaughter, Lori, who died after a battle with drug addiction in 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjT6zQaJ6Uc
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent news!

Not because I think she has a chance to become our next president but because her entry greatly complicates the lives of the MSM pukes I so hate!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

Excellent news!

Not because I think she has a chance to become our next president but because her entry greatly complicates the lives of the MSM pukes I so hate!
Ditto, she will take on the feminist nazi like Warren, Hillary and all the Lib talking heads and they will not realize it for 3 days after she rips them apart Looking for a job and might well find it and she has a role to play!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:39:28 pm by Longiron »

Online Right_in_Virginia

She'd make an excellent VP candidate.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
She'd make an excellent VP candidate.

My prediction right here today is that she will be the vice presidential nominee regardless of who gets the nomination for president.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

My prediction right here today is that she will be the vice presidential nominee regardless of who gets the nomination for president.

I've been saying the same thing for a month. She'd be excellent as veep and yet instills confidence she could fill presidential duties, if it came down to it.

Offline MACVSOG68

So far so good with Carly.  But I haven't forgotten 2012.  Not only can she easily put her foot in her mouth, but we can depend on the MSM to publicize it with a vengeance.  And they're already going after her, calling her the worst corporate CEO in history.  She needs to be careful and not let the left get ahead of her...like this: http://carlyfiorina.org/ 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Longiron

So far so good with Carly.  But I haven't forgotten 2012.  Not only can she easily put her foot in her mouth, but we can depend on the MSM to publicize it with a vengeance.  And they're already going after her, calling her the worst corporate CEO in history.  She needs to be careful and not let the left get ahead of her...like this: http://carlyfiorina.org/
They have a point about her CEO abilities! That is why she is in politics the only place where failure is rewarded.