Author Topic: O'Malley to Announce in Baltimore, Make City Central to Campaign  (Read 743 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/omalley-announce-baltimore-make-city-central-campaign_936812.html

O'Malley to Announce in Baltimore, Make City Central to Campaign
If he runs for president, he'll announce in Baltimore
Daniel Halper
May 3, 2015 10:17 AM

Former Baltimore mayor Martin O'Malley said that if he runs for president, he'll launch his campaign in Baltimore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRHFSPaJxRE

"We haven't had an agenda for America's cities probably since Jimmy Carter ... We have left cities to fend for themselves. ... But look, the structural problems that we have in our economy, the way we ship jobs and profits abroad, the way we failed to invest in our infrastructure and failed to invest in American cities, we are creating the conditions. Please, Speaker Boehner and his crocodile tears about the $130 million, that is a spit in the bucket compared to what we need to do as a nation to rebuild our country. And America's cities are the heart of our country. We need an agenda for American cities. We need to stop ignoring especially people of color and act like they are disposable citizens in this nation. That's not how our economy is supposed to work, it's not how or our country works," an impassioned O'Malley said.

NBC host Chuck Todd asked, "Do you think you can run on your record as mayor of Baltimore and governor of Maryland, given all this? You are getting a lot of scrutiny now. Do you think this is a positive thing voters will look at and say Martin O'Malley ought to be president?"

"I did not dedicate my life to make Baltimore safer and more just place because it was easy. And I am more inclined and deeply motivated to address what's wrong with our country and what needs to be healed and  what needs to be fixed. This should be a wake-up call. What's happened in Baltimore should be a wake-up call for the entire country. The protests that also happened in New York, Philadelphia, and other cities--we have deep problems as a country. And we need deeper understanding if we are going to give our children a better future," said O'Malley.

"This now sounds like you want to make it central to any campaign," Todd remarked.

"I think it has to be central," said the possible Democratic presidential candidate.

"So you'll probably announce in Baltimore?"

"I wouldn't think of announcing any place else. This has been a setback for us, but our story is not over. We are not defeated as a city. And we are not about to throw in the towel on our country."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: O'Malley to Announce in Baltimore, Make City Central to Campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 01:09:08 am »
How very apropos.  My fellow Americans, if you elect me as your president this - spreads his arms - is what I have in store for you.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 01:16:36 am »

Well that ought to deliver up the black vote...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Paladin

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 01:30:19 am »
"Please, Speaker Boehner and his crocodile tears about the $130 million, that is a spit in the bucket compared to what we need to do as a nation to rebuild our country. And America's cities are the heart of our country. We need an agenda for American cities."

Bernie Sanders has proposed a trillion dollar program to "repair and update America's infrastructure".

To my knowledge Hillary hasn't set a dollar amount on her efforts to buy votes but you can be sure she agrees in principle with Sanders and O'Malley.

Let the bidding wars for President begin.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 02:31:42 am »
Apropos.

He's one of the chief culprits that has made Baltimore everything it is today.

Willie Don would sh*t a brick.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 07:41:13 pm »
Still need BiteME to enter the race for the Looney Tunes to begin? JMO