Author Topic: Congressional Black Caucus Slams Obama For Using The Term ‘Thugs’  (Read 840 times)

rangerrebew

Congressional Black Caucus Slams Obama For Using The Term ‘Thugs’

Brian Anderson 
May 2, 2015

Rep. G.K. Butterfield (D-N.C.), the whitest black guy I’ve ever seen and member of the Congressional Black Congress, is leading the group of black lawmakers in condemning President Obama. The funny thing is, they are fine with his failed leadership, disastrous foreign policy, and extra-Constitutional activities. What really has the CBC fired up is that Obama used the term “thugs” to describe the lawless heathens that rioted in Baltimore this week.

On Tuesday, in reaction to the Baltimore riots, Obama said:

President Obama on Tuesday delivered a sharp-tongued rebuke of rioters in Baltimore, denouncing the actions of “criminals and thugs” who he said were exploiting the death of Freddie Gray.

“There is no excuse for the kind of violence we saw yesterday. It is counterproductive,” Obama said. “They’re not protesting. They’re not making a statement. They are stealing.”

According to The Hill, the President’s words are not sitting well with some members of Congress:

But leading members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) are denouncing the president’s language, arguing that a vast majority of the protesters — even those who resorted to violence — were simply kids swept away in the emotions of the moment. Obama, they say, overstepped in employing a term that, in recent years, has taken on sensitive racial dimensions.

“These are children, high-school students, you know, and I would not want to classify them as thugs. Certainly they are lawbreakers, but they’re still children. … These are youth, these are teenagers who are misguided, who don’t have the same maturity that adults have, and I would not venture to call them thugs,” said Butterfield.

So it’s okay to call them “thugs” as long as they are adults? I guess that’s a new rule. Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-Fla.) added to the “thug rule” by suggesting some alternative terms to use:

“I would call them felons for breaking into an institution that they had no right or business to break into. I would call them criminals for the very same thing — burning cars and what have you. But a kid that just got out of high school at 3 o’clock in the afternoon in Baltimore and got caught up … and he’s throwing a rock [and has] no criminal record and everything — he’s not a thug, OK?” said senior CBC member Hastings.

Why are Butterfield and Hastings so sure that the rioters of Baltimore were all children? Do they have access to some secret intelligence that the rest of us don’t? Also, are there institutions and businesses that “non-thug” child rioters do have a right to break into?

And the questions keep coming, like: how contradictory is this statement:

“Were there thugs out there? Damn right. But would you then attribute that to everybody in the crowd? No. And for that reason you should not say it,” said Hastings

So there were thugs in Baltimore and Hastings calls them thugs, but Obama shouldn’t have called them thugs. Got it. That makes perfect sense. Speaking of making sense:

“I would caution that any leader, including the president of the United States, that is going to comment about these kinds of things to remind the public of all of our responsibilities wait until we have all the facts,” concluded Hastings.

Kind of like how the rioters of Ferguson waited until they had all of the facts before they burned that city down? Or how the Baltimore rioters have waited to get all of the facts before destroying the city. Yes, blacks have demonstrated a unique ability to gather all pertinent information before reacting with rage and violence.

To Obama’s credit, he isn’t backing down from his use of “thugs” to describe the Baltimorons:

The White House is standing by President Obama’s use of the word “thugs” to describe people rioting in Baltimore.

“I don’t think the president would in any way revise the remarks he shared with you,” White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters on Wednesday.

“Whether it was arson or the looting of a liquor store — those were thuggish acts.”

Mark this on your calendar. I just agreed with something Obama said and gave him credit for doing the right thing. I’m pretty sure that’s one of the signs of the Apocalypse, so we should all be terrified. But what we shouldn’t do is bow to the ridiculous politically correct campaign to reclassify “thug” as the new N-word. It is a perfectly legitimate word to describe lawbreaking scumbags.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/congressional-black-caucus-slams-obama-for-using-the-term-thugs
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 12:58:46 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline aligncare

So, the "black" people's house — the congressional black caucus — denounced Obama's language as having sensitive racial dimensions. That's rich coming from the racist, segregationists members of the anti-constitutional CBC.

It appears there are many dimensional aspects centered on race in our 1984-ish dystopian society. 

My question is will the CBC find racial insensitivity in white people eating fried chicken and watermelon on Martin Luther King's birthday?  Lord help us if sales go up around that holiday.

Offline flowers

Unreal.

Offline PzLdr

I agree with the CBC. They're not thugs. They're animals. Vermin to be specific.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee