Author Topic: BREAKING>>>BALTIMORE MEDICAL EXAMINER RULES FREDDIE GRAY DEATH A HOMICIDE....[mug shots added]  (Read 5540 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BALTIMORE MEDICAL EXAMINER RULES FREDDIE GRAY DEATH A HOMICIDE, STATE'S ATTORNEY ANNOUNCES 'PROBABLE CAUSE' TO FILE CHARGES AGAINST POLICE
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:41:30 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Warrant issued for the arrest of police officers
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline aligncare

From criminal.findlaw.com:

"Not all homicides are crimes. Homicides include all killings of humans. Many homicides, such as murder and manslaughter, violate criminal laws. Others, such as a killing committed in justified self-defense, are not criminal."

Negligent homicide seems a possibility here.

Offline flowers

Online Lando Lincoln

From criminal.findlaw.com:

"Not all homicides are crimes. Homicides include all killings of humans. Many homicides, such as murder and manslaughter, violate criminal laws. Others, such as a killing committed in justified self-defense, are not criminal."

Negligent homicide seems a possibility here.

Agreed.  It is also the pragmatic (read: easy) way out for the moment.  You can just hear them saying, " let the process sort it out". 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/prosecutor-probable-cause-believe-freddie-grays-death-homicide_935631.html

Prosecutor: 'Probable Cause' to Believe Freddie Gray's Death a Homicide
10:49 AM, May 1, 2015 • By DANIEL HALPER

A Maryland prosecutor announced charges will be filed against police officers in the death Baltimore man Freddie Gray:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACwPwrLaEd0

continued

Support the USO

Offline evadR

November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The officers are being charged with a number of counts of manslaughter, assault and misconduct.

Officer Caeser B. Goodson, Jr. was charged with second-degree depraved heart murder, involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault, two counts of manslaughter by vehicle and misconduct in office.
    Officer William G. Porter was charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.
    Lt. Brian W. Rice was charged with involuntary manslaughter, two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.
    Officer Edward M. Nero charged with two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.
    Officer Garret Miller charged with two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.
    Sgt. Alicia White involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Warrants have been issued for the officers involved in the death of Freddie Gray.
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

She'll never make second-degree murder stick. She's trying to get pleas and have them turn on each other. Standard practice.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

What the hell is "depraved heart murder"?  What does that even mean?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline evadR

So, exactly how did this young gentle perfect citizen with a yellow sheet as long as your arm die?
Did he hit a bolt in the police van and break his neck???
Was he unconscious and not given medical attention?
Did the officers beat him up?

Offline evadR

On law and order they call it depraved indifference.

Offline flowers

The officers are being charged with a number of counts of manslaughter, assault and misconduct.

Officer Caeser B. Goodson, Jr. was charged with second-degree depraved heart murder, involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault, two counts of manslaughter by vehicle and misconduct in office.
    Officer William G. Porter was charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.
    Lt. Brian W. Rice was charged with involuntary manslaughter, two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.
    Officer Edward M. Nero charged with two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.
    Officer Garret Miller charged with two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.
    Sgt. Alicia White involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Warrants have been issued for the officers involved in the death of Freddie Gray.

any pics of the cops yet?

Online Lando Lincoln

per Wikipedia:

Depraved-heart murder, also known as depraved-indifference murder, is an American legal term for an action that demonstrates a "callous disregard for human life" and results in death. In most states, depraved heart killings constitute second-degree murder.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

Agreed.  It is also the pragmatic (read: easy) way out for the moment.  You can just hear them saying, " let the process sort it out".

I agree.  I think they hope to calm things down with some kind of charge.

And, depending what the facts really turn out to be, they may well have been negligent in getting him the medical attention he needed.

That's not murder, and eventually the mob could rise up again and say its not enough, if they charge the police with negligent homicide.

Time will tell......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Lando Lincoln

As this progresses, I wonder at what point the LEO's say, "enough".
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/freddie-gray-homicide-prosecutor/2015/05/01/id/642014/

Six Officers Charged in Freddie Gray's Death

excerpt:
Mosby swiftly rejected a request from the Baltimore police officers union asking her to appoint a special independent prosecutor because of her ties to attorney Billy Murphy, who is representing Gray's family. Murphy was among Mosby's biggest campaign contributors last year, donating the maximum individual amount allowed, $4,000, in June. Murphy also served on Mosby's transition team after the election.

Fraternal Order of Police local president Gene Ryan told Mosby in a letter before the charges were announced Friday that none of the six suspended officers were responsible for Gray's death.

The state medical examiner's office said it sent the autopsy report to prosecutors Friday morning. Spokesman Bruce Goldfarb says the Office of the Chief State Medical Examiner will not release the report publicly while the case is under investigation.

The announcement prompted whoops, hollers and shouts of "Justice!" in the streets of Baltimore.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/freddie-gray-homicide-prosecutor/2015/05/01/id/642014/#ixzz3Yu5oFXdE

none of us knows all the evidence but I am positive these officers will not receive a fair trial...jmo
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

I just heard Mosby say, "This is our time."

It reminded me of the Denzel Washington line in "Remember the Titans".......... only that was a football movie and he was talking about winning as a team.

Makes me wonder what "team" Mosby thinks she's on.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

Will they make the 6 cops do the perp walk? I see from one photo of the 3 cops arresting him they are white. Anyone know if the other 3 are?

Offline flowers

Questions raised over links between Freddie Gray attorney and Baltimore chief prosecutor: Dead man's family lawyer was among biggest campaign donors AND 'mentor' to official who has indicted six cops on murder charges

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3063807/Baltimores-prosecutor-faces-big-test-4-months-job.html

State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby, 35, is in charge of the investigation into the death of Freddie Gray after four months in the job
    She announced on Friday morning that Gray's death was a homicide
    Arrest warrants issued for all 6 officers who detained and drove Freddie Gray, 25, on April 12
    A veteran Baltimore defense attorney, Warren Brown, said Mosby was under huge pressure to indict and had close links to Gray's family attorney
    Billy Murphy donated to Mosby's campaign and has been described as 'mentor' to her
    Brown had connections to Mosby’s opponent in the election for State’s Attorney last year 
    The 25-year-old died after sustaining a spinal cord injury in police custody last month following an arrest. He died in hospital days later

Offline GourmetDan

The white ones should be thinking hard about whether they really want to work in black-controlled cities.

We may get to 'blacks po-licing blacks' by a different route than I first thought, but we'll get there...

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 04:59:12 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Charlespg

You mean the public  says enough ..I think rioters and looters should be shot DEAD  .but there is no excuse for" nickel rides"  and other police bullshit

This is supposed to be the United States

not some tin pot banana republic
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
This whole thing stinks to high heaven. 

I can't see how a person can be injured so severely without someone having been negligent or criminal.  Shouldn't he have at least been belted into a seat?

Why don't we know any more about what happened than we do?  Should we have an incident and/or autopsy report by now?

Why are 6 officers being charged?  Seems that at most 3 were involved in the portion of his arrest & transport where the injuries were said to have happened.

I don't care for the barely suppressed notion that the black officials of Baltimore are going to "make things right", so to speak.  Everybody knows that the mob wants someone's blood no matter the facts.

Then there's the lawyer for the family mentioned upthread . . .

I suspect an innocent cop (or 3) will get railroaded and whoever is guilty won't get what they deserve.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
This whole thing stinks to high heaven. 

Should we have an incident and/or autopsy report by now?

Autopsy report was turned straight over to the public prosecutor rather than being made public. Make of that what you will.

Stinks on ice though - both ways.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline evadR

"Makes me wonder what "team" Mosby thinks she's on.........
oh, I don't think there's any question about that....