Author Topic: Do Conservatives Prefer Marco Rubio over Ted Cruz in 2016?  (Read 1924 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Do Conservatives Prefer Marco Rubio over Ted Cruz in 2016?
« on: April 29, 2015, 12:39:02 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/29/do-conservatives-prefer-marco-rubio-over-ted-cruz-in-2016/

by Javier Manjarres29 Apr 2015

The 2016 Republican presidential primary field is starting to take shape, as more and more potential candidates prepare to announce their presidential campaigns.

Dr. Ben Carson is expected to announce in the coming days. Jeb Bush is expected to announce his run for president anytime now, as well as Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Scott Walker, and a host of other Republicans who are hoping to play house at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C.

The three already-announced GOP presidential candidates, Senators Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and Rand Paul, are all trying to make the case of being the torchbearer for the conservative grassroots movement, or Tea Party.

All three have authentic conservative bona fides to campaign on, but of the three, Cruz and Rubio are considered to be the two frontrunners in the race-within-the-bigger-race to win the Republican presidential nomination in 2016.

If you look at both Rubio and Cruz, both candidates are alike when it comes to their principles and values, as well as how they have voted in the U.S. Senate.

While both use a different style of delivering their respective, inspiring, and pro-American speeches, the only glaring difference between the two friends is that Cruz has held the “no amnesty for illegal aliens” line on immigration reform, while Rubio has hurt his brand by changing his position on the controversial issue.

If you ask just about any conservative grassroots activist or donor, he will tell you that Rubio and Cruz are his first and second choices in the 2016 GOP presidential primary race.

So between Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, who does the conservative grassroots movement support in the 2016 Republican presidential primary race?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Do Conservatives Prefer Marco Rubio over Ted Cruz in 2016?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 01:44:14 pm »
I don't trust Rubio. Rubio seems to be the prototypical self interested politician. Don't get me wrong, I realize humans tend to be self interested. But politicians of this ilk raise it to an art form. All of the candidates are flawed, but between Rubio and Cruz, I'll take Cruz, thank you.

I think Kasich would do a great job. Kasich is smart, and a deal maker. Kasich's pragmatism will disqualify him if you give him the conservative litmus test. But, he's done a good job in Ohio. The problem for Kasich is that he has a prickly personality, and isn't likely to do well in a national election.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:57:12 pm »
Do Conservatives Prefer Marco Rubio over Ted Cruz in 2016?

In the case of this particular conservative the answer is a RESOUNDING no!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 02:10:10 pm »
Rubio bothers me. Nothing serious, he'd be a decent nominee and has been making all the right noises, but there is something not quite right about him. Can't put my finger on it though.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 02:13:34 pm »
Rubio bothers me. Nothing serious, he'd be a decent nominee and has been making all the right noises, but there is something not quite right about him. Can't put my finger on it though.

Could it possibly be that finger up in the air to see which way the wind is blowing at the moment?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 02:30:05 pm »
Nope - it's not that. He's a politician and that is to be expected, if only (best interpretation) that anyone who aspires to steer the ship of state had better understand the wind thoroughly.

Been thinking about it and the best way I can put it is "he's not right for the role he's playing." He's football boots on the dance floor, George Peppard as Han Solo.  :shrug:

Not saying he's a bad man. Not saying he'd not be a good President. Just - he seems odd.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 02:31:15 pm »
I don't trust Rubio. Rubio seems to be the prototypical self interested politician. Don't get me wrong, I realize humans tend to be self interested. But politicians of this ilk raise it to an art form. All of the candidates are flawed, but between Rubio and Cruz, I'll take Cruz, thank you.

We need Cruz in the race if only for statements like this...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Longiron

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 02:48:44 pm »
Nope - it's not that. He's a politician and that is to be expected, if only (best interpretation) that anyone who aspires to steer the ship of state had better understand the wind thoroughly.

Been thinking about it and the best way I can put it is "he's not right for the role he's playing." He's football boots on the dance floor, George Peppard as Han Solo.  :shrug:

Not saying he's a bad man. Not saying he'd not be a good President. Just - he seems odd.

Maybe be "TRUST" is the word you are looking for ??? Not trying to speak for U BUT without trust nothing else matters except "Likeable" factor in a politician. RUBIO is like HILLARY in that they both are not likeable and have that look od deceit in their eyes?????JMO **nononono*

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 02:54:41 pm »

For me a finger up testing the wind is a sure sign of a man with no core! Doesn't know what he really believes.  Not the kind of person that makes a good leader in any endeavor.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 03:28:34 pm »
Two words. Goldman Sachs. I'm not gullible enough, to be fooled by his wife's departure, before this campaign.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 03:36:21 pm »

I think Kasich would do a great job. Kasich is smart, and a deal maker. Kasich's pragmatism will disqualify him if you give him the conservative litmus test. But, he's done a good job in Ohio. The problem for Kasich is that he has a prickly personality, and isn't likely to do well in a national election.

I agree with your assessment of Kasich, but no so much about Rubio.  There's just something I like about Rubio. And of course I like Ted Cruz, too.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 03:38:32 pm by aligncare »