Author Topic: Clinton: 'This campaign isn't going to be about me'  (Read 1111 times)

rangerrebew

Clinton: 'This campaign isn't going to be about me'
« on: April 27, 2015, 02:07:11 pm »
April 27, 2015, 07:33 am
Clinton: 'This campaign isn't going to be about me'

By Ben Kamisar

Hillary Clinton, 2016

Hillary Clinton rounded up her first campaign swing with an op-ed in a top Iowa newspaper in which she emphasized her campaign’s commitments to regular Americans and echoed the progressive platform she’s been touting on the campaign trail.

“Americans have come back from tough economic times. But the deck is still stacked in favor of those at the top,” she wrote in The Des Moines Register.
“Americans are working harder and getting more productive, but they aren't seeing the reward in their paychecks. So it's time to reshuffle the deck and deal a better hand to the middle class.”

Clinton’s op-ed summarized the main message of her campaign by mentioning stories from a handful of Iowans she met with by name. That strategy seeks to take the emphasis off her political celebrity in favor of more personalized discussions with voters.

“When I came to Iowa, I wanted to do something a little different. No big speeches or rallies. Just talking directly with everyday Iowans,” she wrote.

“Because this campaign isn't going to be about me, it's going to be about Iowans and people across our country who are ready for a better future.”

“You are the reason I got into this race and I will work my heart out to earn your votes.”

She also reemphasized her four “big fights,” the campaign pillars that she began to tease on the trip, which include bolstering the economy, strengthening families, reforming campaign finance laws, and protecting the country from threats.

After her announcement in early April, she immediately took off for Iowa and then New Hampshire for a series of smaller-scale meetings with voters. Clinton is expected to hold a larger campaign kickoff in the next few months.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/240137-clinton-this-campaign-isnt-going-to-be-about-me
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:08:02 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline raml

Re: Clinton: 'This campaign isn't going to be about me'
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 02:57:51 pm »
It will be and if they don't want it to be then get divorced. I would have respected Hilliary if she had but I do believe they have so much evidence against each other about both their crime sprees that it probably isn't safe for either one to be to far away from the other for fear one might turn against the other.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 03:15:36 pm »
Very silly thing to say. If it is 'not about you', then who is it about. Dummy.

What this is, is her acknowledging that she is becoming more and more toxic, and she has a terrible personality and presence. So, she is attempting to duck her own countless unresolved issues by saying the election is not about her.

Very strange way to run for office. "I know I have issues, and I know people do not like me, but vote for me anyway. After all, I do have a vagina."

She is a ridiculous candidate.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 03:31:22 pm »
She is saying - "I'm Hillary Clinton, you know me already.  I'm a candidate that doesn't like people, doesn't like talking to people, I haven't a clue how 'ordinary' people live.  I've been implicated in many crimes and scandals, I'll do ANYTHING for money and I'll take money from any entity - no matter how vile and evil.  I am married to a sexual predator, and that's OK because it's just a marriage of convenience anyway.  Abortion is one of my most precious sacraments, next to money.  You can see that I am old and ugly - my voice screeches like a bat out of hell when I get to talking more than five minutes.  I am filled with hatred and disgust for the 'little' people, but I know in my heart what is best for them and I have lived my whole life for this time - when I can be in complete control.

I could go on and on - but everyone already knows what I am.  I am a monster.........but 47% of you are going to vote for me anyway and I'll cheat for the rest of the votes I need - so stick it up your a$$ and leave me the hell alone, I've got a yoga class to go to!"

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 04:47:43 pm »
 :chairbang:

Offline Carling

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 06:38:50 pm »
Of course it's not about her as a person.  It's about her vagina.  She's a woman!  He numerous ethical scandals don't matter because of this.

I can't see this campaign lasting through the summer.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 07:39:34 pm »
I agree. I am no expert, but I have never seen a weirder campaign than hers.

She is basically saying, 'Yes, I know. I suck as a person. But vote for me anyway. Vote for "the cause".

A vote for 'me', which would get 'me' elected, so that 'I' can be President, is not about 'me'. (so then, what is it about?)

This is the most curious campaign strategy I have ever witnessed.   
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 07:41:43 pm »
"I've got a yoga class to go to!"

You had me until this.  I seriously doubt Hitlery does yoga, unless Yoga is some new brand of gin. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:42:29 pm by massadvj »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 08:10:03 pm »
"I've got a yoga class to go to!"

You had me until this.  I seriously doubt Hitlery does yoga, unless Yoga is some new brand of gin.

She claims that she does yoga, but I'm like you - I have doubts that the old battle-ax could get on the floor and then somehow, get up again. 

John Kerry, I could see doing yoga - not Hillary.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 08:39:13 pm »
Embrace the suck!

Is a special forces term.

That is what Hillary is doing. She is embracing the suck. I know I suck. I don't care.

But it doesn't work. When you are the guy who sucks.

'Vote for me because, you have to."

Embrace the suck is about overcoming circumstance. It is not about what Hillary is.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 04:12:35 am »
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
― C.S. Lewis

That is definitely one of my favorite top 5 quotes of all time.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 09:41:09 am »
That is definitely one of my favorite top 5 quotes of all time.

It is a good quote.  Unfortunately, HRC is both robber baron AND moral busybody.