Author Topic: Kasich: 'Formidable' Hillary Clinton Could Win Ohio  (Read 373 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich: 'Formidable' Hillary Clinton Could Win Ohio
« on: April 26, 2015, 05:07:38 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=640811

Newsmax
Kasich: 'Formidable' Hillary Clinton Could Win Ohio
Sunday, April 26, 2015 10:52 AM

By: Greg Richter

Anyone who underestimates the ability of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to come back from adversity is making a mistake, says Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

In an interview aired Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union," Kasich was asked if Clinton could win Ohio in a the 2016 general election.

"Of course she could win," Kasich said, as could anyone in the announced and potential field right now. "It's just how they project themselves."

Clinton will be a "formidable candidate," despite the current issues being raised about donations to the Clinton Foundation, Kasich said.

"Anybody that underestimates Hillary Clinton makes a mistake," he said. "They underestimated her husband."

Kasich is considering his own run for the White House, but said he won't do so if he doesn’t think he has a chance of winning or if he can't raise enough funding.

"I don't want to do it just to go and do it. I've got a big job in Ohio, and as governor," he said. "Either I feel like I can win or there is no reason to do it."

Kasich supports Common Core, and is willing to support a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, which puts him on the outs with most of his party.

Kasich calls that a "misread" of the party.

"I think the party, the members of the Republican Party, the members of the Democrat Party, share a lot of the same concerns and same anxiety and want to see solutions," he said.

He also is critical of greed on Wall Street, a position that interviewer Gloria Borger suggested makes him sound a bit like liberal Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

"Maybe there's a little bit of me in her," Kasich countered.

The governor agreed with the sentiment of Arizona Sen. John McCain, who earlier in the program said the drone program should be taken from the CIA and handed over to the Department of Defense.

"The CIA is an intelligence-gathering operation," Kasich said. "The operation, the drone program, should be operated exclusively out of the Pentagon."

The Air Force has the capability to do extensive targeting that the CIA cannot, he said. "I have talked to former CIA people who have told me this."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34