Author Topic: Fearing Racism Charges, Senate Republicans Cave on Lynch By Joel Gehrke  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Fearing Racism Charges, Senate Republicans Cave on Lynch By Joel Gehrke
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2015, 06:45:57 am »
You're free to support whoever you want to, that's all our prerogatives.

However, while you label my posts "nonsense" I will be willing to gamble any amount of money that you wish on the following bet: the next President of the U.S. will be either a Democrat or a Republican.

Some want to play make believe games and argue that what we have is a choice between the lesser of two evils, but even then we would be choosing the better of the two options available to us, and don't kid yourself, there are only two options available: you can vote for the GOP candidate, or you can help elect the Democrat.

Had John McCain or Mitt Romney won their elections we wouldn't be dealing with 90% of the crap we're dealing with now. That fact alone will dispel any notions of the vanishing differences between Republicans and Democrats.

What you call nonsense from me is actually a very clear picture in my mind that I need to live and make decisions based on the realities of the world that I live in and not on one that I wished I lived in.

Bravo!  :beer: :vote:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 03:30:09 pm »
I do not support democrats or republicans anymore I am done I will write in who I think will make a good choice. Republicans should never have ok'd this bitch none of them are worth a damn.

So you're opting for more of these bitches?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline raml

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2015, 09:12:18 pm »
Both parties are the same there is no difference anymore. No matter what we will have more of the same unless we do something different than we have been doing the last 20 years and that is voting for the least evil of the party candidates. We have the problems we do because we have stuck with the 2 parties and not had a good common sense choice.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2015, 09:28:47 pm »
Oh please!   The parties are NOT the same.

One consists of people who hate the Constitution as written.  And hate the United States.

....and it ain't the damned Republicans.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 09:40:56 pm »
Oh please!   The parties are NOT the same.

One consists of people who hate the Constitution as written.  And hate the United States.

....and it ain't the damned Republicans.   :whistle:

Clinton gave us Janet Reno.

The GOP and GWB on power gave us Ashcroft and Gonzales.

Obama gave us Holder and Lynch.

Are these people all the same?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:44:18 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2015, 11:02:54 pm »
Both parties are the same there is no difference anymore. No matter what we will have more of the same unless we do something different than we have been doing the last 20 years and that is voting for the least evil of the party candidates. We have the problems we do because we have stuck with the 2 parties and not had a good common sense choice.

I understand that's a common thought among some on the conservative side of politics, but it's simply not so.  Take a look at the makeup of both parties in Congress.  The largest caucus on the GOP side is the Republican Study Committee which is conservative by any definition, and has over 80 members currently, larger than the Republican Mainstreet Partnership, which represents the more moderate Republicans.

On the Democrat side, the largest group is the Congressional Progressive Caucus, still smaller than the conservative caucus on the Republican side.  One only needs to look at the agendas of the two largest competing caucuses to understand their ideological differences.  The moderate factions in both parties are still smaller than their respective conservative and liberal wings, but exist because Americans vote for them.  Nevertheless, anything a third party could offer already exists in the various caucuses of both major parties.

The key would seem to be getting more of the Republican Study Committee type representatives and senators elected, rather than constantly complaining that there are too many moderates in the Party, and continuing to express the need for a third party.  Third parties exist.  No one votes for them.  Wouldn't it be easier to elect more fiscal and social conservatives?  Or could it be that a lot of American voters want something more than simple ideological purity?  Perhaps it helps explain why voters in South Carolina can overwhelmingly support Joe Wilson and Trey Gowdy, while at the same time continuing to send Lindsay Graham back to the senate term after term. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 12:57:12 am »
What about so called conservative voters and candidates in farm regions, that rely on continuing support for subsidies?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln