Author Topic: Senate Conservatives Fund targets McCain  (Read 6581 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Senate Conservatives Fund targets McCain
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 01:50:34 pm »
Tell me what makes Republicabs call conservatives.

I don't know what that means. 

There are enough people that are unhappy with the party's direction that it is going to change one way or another.  The fact that a group within the party felt the need to launch a million dollar ad against Rand Paul on the day he declares his candidacy tells me that they are worried about him.  If he represented a "nothing" movement, they wouldn't have done that. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 01:58:11 pm »
Obama doesn't own the word "change".

America is not perfect.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

All we can ever do is try to be "more" perfect.

Change is good, if it's for the better.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 02:40:30 pm »
America is not perfect.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

All we can ever do is try to be "more" perfect.

Change is good, if it's for the better.

We should never stop trying to change for the better, but it is upon our shoulders to make sure we're not being deceived by those who use code words of change, when they mean to destroy. 

Offline evadR

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 03:39:46 pm »
I don't know what that means. 

There are enough people that are unhappy with the party's direction that it is going to change one way or another.  The fact that a group within the party felt the need to launch a million dollar ad against Rand Paul on the day he declares his candidacy tells me that they are worried about him.  If he represented a "nothing" movement, they wouldn't have done that.
It tells me that they are a group that I would not support, in any manner.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 03:43:47 pm »
It tells me that they are a group that I would not support, in any manner.

:thumbsup:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 04:22:55 pm »
We should never stop trying to change for the better, but it is upon our shoulders to make sure we're not being deceived by those who use code words of change, when they mean to destroy.

Every politician that has ever run for any office anywhere at any level has run on the promise that they will bring about change. 

And here we are.

Does that mean that change is a bad thing?

No. It means that politicians are a bad thing, and the idea that another politician is the way out of the mess we're in is myopic.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:25:34 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 11:48:45 pm »

As far as McCain, I saw that movie last time, where "true conservatives" vowed to unseat him; all but swore he'd lose badly, and then the ordinary people Democrat crossovers  reelected him, nevertheless. I guess the voters did not have the litmus test spreadsheets from the political junkies.

It is like last November is lost from memories, as if it didn't happen.

You really don't know how Primaries work in AZ, do you?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 11:55:47 pm »

How do they work?  I think AZ has a similar problem as here in KY, where we have Mitch McConnell.  He's not really popular, but he stills keeps on winning.  For one, it's hard to find someone who will run against him because he is ruthless and well-funded in campaigning.  All well for him, but I don't think it nets us the best man for the job - only the most powerful man for the job.

How is it with McCain?  Is he that popular in AZ?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 12:00:42 am »
How do they work?  I think AZ has a similar problem as here in KY, where we have Mitch McConnell.  He's not really popular, but he stills keeps on winning.  For one, it's hard to find someone who will run against him because he is ruthless and well-funded in campaigning.  All well for him, but I don't think it nets us the best man for the job - only the most powerful man for the job.

How is it with McCain?  Is he that popular in AZ?

As you might expect, Dems love him.  In AZ, Indies are allowed to choose which primaries to vote in.  Because of that, most voters are registered Independent, and they swarm to elect McCain every time.  The seat is his for life, and there isn't a damned thing anybody can do about it, except see the posts from the know-it-alls who say we're stupid here in AZ.

I call his plan the Ted Kennedy plan:  He'll die in office.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 12:16:14 am »
As you might expect, Dems love him.  In AZ, Indies are allowed to choose which primaries to vote in.  Because of that, most voters are registered Independent, and they swarm to elect McCain every time.  The seat is his for life, and there isn't a damned thing anybody can do about it, except see the posts from the know-it-alls who say we're stupid here in AZ.

I call his plan the Ted Kennedy plan:  He'll die in office.

Thanks Cyber.  Here, we have closed primaries and Independents cannot vote at all in the primary.  That's the main reason I'm still registered as a Republican - so I can vote.  The last primary election with challenger Matt Bevin was the closest I can remember, but Mitch ran a dirty thug campaign.  You wouldn't think a 30 year incumbent would have to do such a thing, but he did.  Apparently his record just wasn't enough.  He'll probably die in office too - but instead of the Ted Kennedy plan, I call it the Robert Byrd plan.

**nononono*

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 12:16:52 am »
I expect you will fill all of us in on exactly how primaries work, in Arizona.

I show below the link, for the primary race in question. The fact McCain won by 56% to 32% over Hackworth, informs me democrat crossovers did NOT alter the election.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Arizona,_2010

According to this site, Arizona has a closed primary.

https://grassrootsidgop.wordpress.com/list-of-states-with-open-and-closed-primaries/

The fact McCain won the general by 59% to 39% over the democrat, informs me McCain is popular enough in his home state to win both
Republican primaries, and general elections.

The perpetual "true conservatives" think they wield more power, than they actually do. We had a prolific member on this site, Arizona resident, who assured the members that McCain would fail, since NOBODY she knew supported McCain.

That pattern seems to repeat itself over and over; the idea one hears the "true conservatives" making a lot of noise, then they wield immense power.

Yet Nixon spoke of the "silent majority" which is a concept Republicans ought to familiarize themselves with.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2015, 12:18:12 am »
I expect you will fill all of us in on exactly how primaries work, in Arizona.

I show below the link, for the primary race in question. The fact McCain won by 56% to 32% over Hackworth, informs me democrat crossovers did NOT alter the election.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Arizona,_2010

According to this site, Arizona has a closed primary.

https://grassrootsidgop.wordpress.com/list-of-states-with-open-and-closed-primaries/

The fact McCain won the general by 59% to 39% over the democrat, informs me McCain is popular enough in his home state to win both
Republican primaries, and general elections.

The perpetual "true conservatives" think they wield more power, than they actually do. We had a prolific member on this site, Arizona resident, who assured the members that McCain would fail, since NOBODY she knew supported McCain.

That pattern seems to repeat itself over and over; the idea one hears the "true conservatives" making a lot of noise, then they wield immense power.

Yet Nixon spoke of the "silent majority" which is a concept Republicans ought to familiarize themselves with.

Not much point in talking to you about this, you have all the answers....
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2015, 12:19:11 am »
You are misinformed.  Indies can vote in GOP Primary.  Not closed, hasn't been in many years.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2015, 12:20:29 am »
Thanks Cyber.  Here, we have closed primaries and Independents cannot vote at all in the primary.  That's the main reason I'm still registered as a Republican - so I can vote.  The last primary election with challenger Matt Bevin was the closest I can remember, but Mitch ran a dirty thug campaign.  You wouldn't think a 30 year incumbent would have to do such a thing, but he did.  Apparently his record just wasn't enough.  He'll probably die in office too - but instead of the Ted Kennedy plan, I call it the Robert Byrd plan.

**nononono*

According to Seeker, I don't understand how Primaries work in AZ.  All those years as a Precinct Committeeman were pointless I suppose.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2015, 12:46:13 am »
According to Seeker, I don't understand how Primaries work in AZ.  All those years as a Precinct Committeeman were pointless I suppose.

Don't let these people get to you my friend.  It isn't worth it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2015, 12:50:31 am »

**nononono*

Mitch ran a "dirty thug" campaign?  The way I remember it, Bevin sunk himself. He had some skeletons in his closet (which are fair game) and Mitch revealed them.  Then, for some unknown reason, he goes to a cockfight and decides he's ready to look the other way on them.

Bevin was a pathetic candidate, only outdone by the hapless Alison Lundergan Grimes.   
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2015, 12:55:31 am »
Mitch ran a "dirty thug" campaign?  The way I remember it, Bevin sunk himself. He had some skeletons in his closet (which are fair game) and Mitch revealed them.  Then, for some unknown reason, he goes to a cockfight and decides he's ready to look the other way on them.

Bevin was a pathetic candidate, only outdone by the hapless Alison Lundergan Grimes.

Agreed.  Bevin was hapless.
I will NOT comply.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2015, 01:29:10 am »

I was here in Kentucky - I got the junk mail from Mitch - and I know the tactics he used were beneath what an incumbent would use.  Making flyers to look like they came from the State Attorney General warning Kentucky voters of fraud concerning Matt Bevin.  Lots of crap like that.  When I get junk mail from businesses that try that kind of stuff - I throw it away and make a mental note to never do business with them. 

Matt Bevin got more than 1 out of 3 votes against incumbent McConnell - that shows a fair amount of discontent.  Bevin is running for Governor now and I support him - I'm sick of lifetime politicians.  I want to see regular people represent me in Washington - for a change. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2015, 02:34:54 am »

Rand Paul's endorsement of Mitch didn't help Bevin either.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2015, 03:25:04 am »
Rand Paul's endorsement of Mitch didn't help Bevin either.

You are correct about that.  I saw Paul interviewed on Glenn Beck once & Beck asked him why he endorsed McConnell instead of anyone else and Rand Paul said something like, "no one else was running against him at the time".  I thought the answer was a half-hearted endorsement of Mitch - probably some kind of deal he felt he had to make to further his own presidential interests.  At first that bothered me, but I'm not going to hold it against him. 

I think Rand Paul has thought out this plan to run for president for many years, after watching his father run unsuccessfully.  I think he is uniquely positioned to run and I'm very interested to see how he does it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2015, 03:33:29 am »
You are correct about that.  I saw Paul interviewed on Glenn Beck once & Beck asked him why he endorsed McConnell instead of anyone else and Rand Paul said something like, "no one else was running against him at the time".  I thought the answer was a half-hearted endorsement of Mitch - probably some kind of deal he felt he had to make to further his own presidential interests.  At first that bothered me, but I'm not going to hold it against him. 

I think Rand Paul has thought out this plan to run for president for many years, after watching his father run unsuccessfully.  I think he is uniquely positioned to run and I'm very interested to see how he does it.

McConnell picked a man married to Ron Paul's granddaughter as his campaign manager in that election.

Then he got Paul's endorsement.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2015, 12:05:58 am »
Not much point in talking to you about this, you have all the answers....
You mean not much point in you arguing the facts laid out before you...and not much point in educating yourself either.  It is clearly a waste of other's time.

But for anyone who does want to know the facts...AZ has a semi-closed primary.  Independents may vote in either primary but not both and rats can't vote in the GOP primary regardless of what you say.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2015, 12:50:59 am »
You mean not much point in you arguing the facts laid out before you...and not much point in educating yourself either.  It is clearly a waste of other's time.

But for anyone who does want to know the facts...AZ has a semi-closed primary.  Independents may vote in either primary but not both and rats can't vote in the GOP primary regardless of what you say.

TOTAL BS! You do not know what your are talking about.

ANY registered voter can walk into a GOP poling place on primary day and declare that they wish to vote in the GOP primary and do so.  The ONLY restriction is that after they have done so they cannot then go and vote in any Democrat primary runoff  that may occur.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2015, 01:35:51 am »
The way spell check corrected "conservatives" on my phone.

Thanks, I'll fix it.

P.S. I wish this site was more phone friendly.

I actually like that spelling better!

I don't know if simplemachines has made a mobile version of the forum code.

Offline Carling

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2015, 02:04:23 am »
Good to see conservatives doing what they do best...attacking Republicans.

Come on now.  McCain needs to go.  He should have respectfully stepped down and tried to endorse another GOP candidate.  His time was done prior to 2008.  I support this primary challenge to McCain.  I can't stand the guy.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------