Author Topic: CONSERVATIVES BATTLE OVER TED CRUZ’S ELECTABILITY  (Read 7956 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CONSERVATIVES BATTLE OVER TED CRUZ’S ELECTABILITY
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:10:02 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/24/conservatives-battle-over-ted-cruzs-electability/

by DAN RIEHL24 Mar 2015washington, DC

Conservatives may be split on the electability of Ted Cruz. But if this is the best Cruz critic and Fox News analyst Charles Krauthammer can do – “we already tried a first-term senator” – the Texas senator may be looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVNR7DsTBXc

Someone needs to point out to Krauthammer that the current occupant of the White House, Barack Obama, served in the Senate about three whole years.

As the Examiner points out, popular conservative radio host Mark Levin responded directly to Krauthammer via social media:

Levin, on Twitter, wrote: “Krauthammer, who voted for Carter and Mondale over Reagan, tells conservatives what’s wrong with Cruz.” Krauthammer wrote speeches for former Vice President Walter Mondale in 1980, the year he and former President Jimmy Carter ran for re-election and were soundly defeated by Ronald Reagan.

“I’m a big fan. He’s a very bright and thoughtful guy,” assured Levin to Secrets about Krauthammer.

“But there’s an irony here. Somehow he missed the entire Reagan Revolution. So I’m not particularly overwhelmed by his repeated dissing of conservative outsiders like Cruz. He’s not alone in this regard,” he added.

Levin also responded directly to the Examiner’s Paul Bedard.

“It’s way too early for this kind of pre-emptive strike against the first guy in, the newcomer,” he told Secrets. “It isn’t insightful or helpful.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: CONSERVATIVES BATTLE OVER TED CRUZ’S ELECTABILITY
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 08:11:57 pm »
I wish people would QUIT calling RINO,  Conservatives. Not even close !!!!! :amen:

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:57:49 pm »
I quit listening to Charles Krauthammer years ago. He is one of those who needs to be part of the DC party circuit.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 09:59:43 pm »
Levin, on Twitter, wrote: “Krauthammer, who voted for Carter and Mondale over Reagan, tells conservatives what’s wrong with Cruz.” Krauthammer wrote speeches for former Vice President Walter Mondale in 1980, the year he and former President Jimmy Carter ran for re-election and were soundly defeated by Ronald Reagan.

Reagan's first political hero was FDR.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 01:12:14 am »
Sarah Palin all over again. He's a real conservative, and the RNC will have none of it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 02:14:48 am »
Sarah Palin all over again. He's a real conservative, and the RNC will have none of it.

He's going on Obamacare now since his wife has taken a leave from her job and lost her insurance.

Imagine members of Congress and the Administration having to live under the same laws at 'the little people'.

Looks like Cruz is going to run a very populist campaign...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 03:09:44 am »
Reagan's first political hero was FDR.

I've heard it said many times that "If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain" and believe that to be, for the most part, true.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 04:04:53 am »
I've heard it said many times that "If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain" and believe that to be, for the most part, true.

Well then you would have said Reagan had no brain.  He switched parties in 1962 at the age of 51.
https://web.archive.org/web/20061003061647/http://www.reagansheritage.org/html/reagan_career_busch.shtml

Reagan was born in 1911

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 04:27:45 am »
Well then you would have said Reagan had no brain.  He switched parties in 1962 at the age of 51.
https://web.archive.org/web/20061003061647/http://www.reagansheritage.org/html/reagan_career_busch.shtml

Reagan was born in 1911

Not at all true! The FACT is that there were still a great many conservatives in the Democrat party in in 1962! That was still allowed back then!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 04:58:44 am »
Not at all true! The FACT is that there were still a great many conservatives in the Democrat party in in 1962! That was still allowed back then!

That is a good point.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 12:30:46 pm »

Well there's still the Blue Dog Coalition of fiscally conservative Democrats.  Sort of a dying breed but it still exists.  Outside of that the Democrats are being driven by the Congressional Progressive Caucus, liberal in every sense of the word.  Both however are dwarfed by the Republican Study Committee, the conservative arm of Congress.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 12:37:40 pm »
I'm actually glad to see Cruz in the race.  Although Krauthammer is right, Cruz will bring up issues in the debates that have to be raised.  If Cruz wasn't off the charts on some of his issues, he would be a serious candidate.  But it's going to be a governor with the experience factor that will ultimately emerge the nominee...hopefully!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 01:26:00 pm »
I'm actually glad to see Cruz in the race.  Although Krauthammer is right, Cruz will bring up issues in the debates that have to be raised.  If Cruz wasn't off the charts on some of his issues, he would be a serious candidate.  But it's going to be a governor with the experience factor that will ultimately emerge the nominee...hopefully!

I suspect that you and a great many others are going to find out just how serious a candidate Cruz is over the next year or so.

I saw him go from a 2% name idea candidate to a U.S. Senator from Texas in short order and I will NOT be taking him lightly.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 01:45:39 pm »
I suspect that you and a great many others are going to find out just how serious a candidate Cruz is over the next year or so.

I saw him go from a 2% name idea candidate to a U.S. Senator from Texas in short order and I will NOT be taking him lightly.

He could become one but he will have to go from red meat rhetoric to serious and realistic solutions and defend his lack of experience against all the governors in the race.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 01:51:24 pm »
He could become one but he will have to go from red meat rhetoric to serious and realistic solutions and defend his lack of experience against all the governors in the race.

I suspect that he will do well at that as well.  If I had to vote tomorrow it would be for Scott Walker but Ted Cruz is definitely in my top three.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 01:59:54 pm »
I suspect that he will do well at that as well.  If I had to vote tomorrow it would be for Scott Walker but Ted Cruz is definitely in my top three.

I suspect you've changed your mind about the two citizen parent issue?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 02:26:24 pm »
I suspect you've changed your mind about the two citizen parent issue?

You suspect wrong but I AM smart enough to know that I have lost that argument in today's America.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 02:28:21 pm »
Electability?  How ridiculous. McCain was seen as having more electability than Romney against Obama and we all know how that turned out. Cruz is less electable than Jeb because Jeb has more experience?  Perhaps in the viewpoint of many, but Jeb also carries an enormous amount of baggage.  I guess that's now a requirement for electability.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 02:46:45 pm »

Cruz is definitely not to be taken lightly.  He has quite a grassroots momentum going already and received over $500,000 in donations in less than a day after he announced he was running.  That was without him even asking for donations.  Since them I have been contacted by several organizations to donate and support him.  Keeping in mind that he was the domestic policy advisor to George W. Bush on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign, I would guess that he's been planning and organizing for quite sometime, especially since he didn't even bother to form an exploratory committee.

What's going to be interesting is Ron Paul has thrown his support to Cruz in the past.  With Rand running, Cruz needs to be careful not to step on those toes.  Perhaps Paul and Cruz will eventually join forces.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 03:24:47 pm »
I wish people would QUIT calling Rhinocerotidae,  Conservatives. Not even close !!!!! :amen:

Another newbie using a derisive term against members of the GOP.

What the hell is this place coming to?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 03:37:39 pm »
Another newbie using a derisive term against members of the GOP.

What the hell is this place coming to?

You are making progress Sink! You haven't repeated any democrat talking points yet today!  At least none that I have seen at least!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 03:41:10 pm »
You are making progress Sink! You haven't repeated any democrat talking points yet today!  At least none that I have seen at least!

Yeah, the 'newbie' argument always looks so impressive when it's trotted out...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 03:47:21 pm »
I don't like the term *newbie*..I HATED it at TOS too!

I don't care if you have 2 posts or 220k...your opinions matter here and there is no hierarchy here.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 03:48:11 pm »

Totally agree, Mike!  It's the same reason I want to see Carly Fiorina on that stage so that she can go after Hillary without being called 'sexist'.  And Dr. Carson without being called 'racist'.

Glad you've returned, MAC!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 03:53:13 pm »
“we already tried a first-term senator”

Like it or not, this will be the knock on Cruz in the GOP primaries. Cruz has no organization, no prominent backers, and his support among his colleagues will be minimal (he's pissed off every Senator but Paul and Lee).

Ted Cruz will be polling exactly where he's polling right now at this time next year and will have conceded the primaries.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.