Author Topic: Cruz Cracks Top Tier  (Read 4319 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Cruz Cracks Top Tier
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 06:18:08 pm »
[[ If Cruz is indeed to become Walker’s chief tormenter, the biggest beneficiary would have to be Bush. ]]

Where's that Casey Stengel guy?
Ain't this like "Deja Vu all over again"?

You can almost see the story before it plays out:
1. Cruz attacks Walker from the right
2. Walker cannot withstand or overcome the attacks, and
3. The right destroys itself while good ol' JEB slips to victory!

Oops, an addendum:
"Victory" insofar as the nomination is concerned.
The "general"?
Forgeddaboutit !!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:23:01 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 06:24:30 pm »

This one fights, there's no denying that.  But does he win?  We'll see...One thing's for sure, if our guy (whoever he is) doesn't fight he sure as Heck isn't going to win.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 06:29:37 pm »
[[ If Cruz is indeed to become Walker’s chief tormenter, the biggest beneficiary would have to be Bush. ]]

Where's that Casey Stengel guy?
Ain't this like "Deja Vu all over again"?

You can almost see the story before it plays out:
1. Cruz attacks Walker from the right
2. Walker cannot withstand or overcome the attacks, and
3. The right destroys itself while good ol' JEB slips to victory!

Without a doubt you will see Cruz, Walker, and Paul maybe Jindal battling it out; but I don't believe Jeb is going to slip into victory.  I believe the GOPe is continuing to fail (they have messed in their mess kits) and not want those mid-term voters wanted. America doesn't want another Bush and certainly not another Clinton; especially since she can't seem to get rid of all of her collected baggage and his Common Core and pro-amnesty stance has already sunk him.  I think Warren will be the new face of the DEMS and Cruz the new face of the REPS. 

I have all the confidence in America that they will chose Cruz.  I have already donated and signed-up to help.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline evadR

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 06:37:17 pm »
I seriously doubt Cruz and Walker will attack each other.  They may point out certain differences but attack??....I doubt it.

Whatever keeps Bush dormant.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 06:41:51 pm »
I seriously doubt Cruz and Walker will attack each other.  They may point out certain differences but attack??....I doubt it.

Battling it out meaning debating their differences, but I don't see either of them actually "attacking" each other's character (not much to attack actually). The only attacks will come from the DEMS and the Bush camp. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 06:44:17 pm »

The GOP has to relearn Reagan's Eleventh Commandment.  We can never win in the General election if our nominee gets there by destroying the other candidates.  This should have been learned in 2008, but it wasn't so 2012 happened.  We'll see if the lesson has sunk in yet.  I'm sure neither Bush nor Christie "gets it," and if either of these two ever get serious traction they'll spend all their money destroying the rest of the field, thus handing victory to whomever the Dems run.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 06:45:23 pm »
This one fights, there's no denying that.  But does he win?  We'll see...One thing's for sure, if our guy (whoever he is) doesn't fight he sure as Heck isn't going to win.

We've got several good fighters  on our side.  Time will tell us who ends up on top. 

:beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 06:50:11 pm »

Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 07:46:18 pm »
The GOP has to relearn Reagan's Eleventh Commandment.  We can never win in the General election if our nominee gets there by destroying the other candidates.  This should have been learned in 2008, but it wasn't so 2012 happened.  We'll see if the lesson has sunk in yet.  I'm sure neither Bush nor Christie "gets it," and if either of these two ever get serious traction they'll spend all their money destroying the rest of the field, thus handing victory to whomever the Dems run.
There was a heated discussion a few days ago, over the terms "rino" and "gope," and name calling in general.

There is a narrow but deep faction, who pretty much thinks they know better than Reagan's 11th Commandment.

My wife (47+ years) has said often said to me: "It is not what you say, but how you say it."

Reagan, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama had rhetorical gifts, which enabled them to persuade, convince, convert listeners. And that is the art of winning elections.

Cruz has proven he can woo those who already love him. Remaining to be proved is whether he can woo those who don't already love him. And that is the art of winning elections.

BTW elections are won and lost by swings within about 10 percent of the electorate. Both sides go in with 40-45 percent already decided.

Followers calling each other names, tends to not be an attractive characteristic, and it reflects on  the candidate.

The undecided middle-of-the-road likely voter, is the key to winning in 2016.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 07:49:32 pm »
There was a heated discussion a few days ago, over the terms "Rhinocerotidae" and "Rhinocerotidae," and name calling in general.

There is a narrow but deep faction, who pretty much thinks they know better than Reagan's 11th Commandment.

My wife (47+ years) has said often said to me: "It is not what you say, but how you say it."

Reagan, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama had rhetorical gifts, which enabled them to persuade, convince, convert listeners. And that is the art of winning elections.

Cruz has proven he can woo those who already love him. Remaining to be proved is whether he can woo those who don't already love him. And that is the art of winning elections.

BTW elections are won and lost by swings within about 10 percent of the electorate. Both sides go in with 40-45 percent already decided.

Followers calling each other names, tends to not be an attractive characteristic, and it reflects on  the candidate.

:thumbsup:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 07:59:10 pm »
I strongly disagree......  Ted Cruz is Golden!
Ted Cruz is golden for you, but if he doesn't broaden his appeal and become golden for enough others as well, he will not get the nomination.

As for me, I am in no hurry to be committed to anybody, let alone start guzzling down any candidate's  Kool-Aid so early in the process.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2015, 08:03:21 pm »
There was a heated discussion a few days ago, over the terms "Rhinocerotidae" and "Rhinocerotidae," and name calling in general.

I stopped calling people "RINOs" when I realized I'm the real outlier because I'm conservative.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2015, 08:09:14 pm »
Battling it out meaning debating their differences, but I don't see either of them actually "attacking" each other's character (not much to attack actually). The only attacks will come from the DEMS and the Bush camp.

Agree. The conservatives must stick together against the RINOS if we are going to WIN. Now a difference of opinion is good and helpful but I do not see them attacking each other or any other conservative. However, open the gates of hell on the RINOS like Jeb, That nobody Gov from Ohio, Christie, Booner and McConnell, McCain and any other RINO.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2015, 08:35:19 pm »

I stopped calling people "RINOs" when I realized I'm the real outlier because I'm conservative.

What amazing and actually disturbing is that the person who owns this forum, who lays out the funds and energy to give people this site at no charge, actually asked everyone to please stop that acronym, and some people lack the decency, breeding and respect to actually do as she asks.

I'm not referring to you BTW, I get your post and why you used the term.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2015, 08:36:36 pm »

The key word is "realized."

In AA the first step is "we admitted....."

Realizing is like admitting. To some, it is humbling. To some humbling is good.

I believe that in order to win in 2016, the center-right is going to need the center, and the right.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2015, 08:40:23 pm »
What amazing and actually disturbing is that the person who owns this forum, who lays out the funds and energy to give people this site at no charge, actually asked everyone to please stop that acronym, and some people lack the decency, breeding and respect to actually do as she asks.

I thought I'd be forgiven for applying the acronym to myself, as well as explaining why I don't use it anymore, thanks.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2015, 08:42:55 pm »
The key word is "realized."

In AA the first step is "we admitted....."

Realizing is like admitting. To some, it is humbling. To some humbling is good.

I believe that in order to win in 2016, the center-right is going to need the center, and the right.

"Yeah, if we can just get the *$@#* on the other side to see that!"  LOL!

(There's wisdom in your words, and it's always been that way.  Either we all get it together, or the Dems make hideous mistakes, or we lose.  One of the three, and we can't count on the Dems to keep making mistakes.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2015, 08:45:04 pm »

All she really wants is for grown adults to act like grown adults. Unfortunately not using that acronym is not going to rectify the real problem. The truly disturbing thing is how hard it is for some to use civility and tact while conversing with other people.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:49:20 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2015, 08:49:58 pm »
All she really wants is for grown adults to act like grown adults. Unfortunately not using that acronym is not going to rectify the real problem. The truly disturbing thing is how hard it is for some to use civility and tact when conversing with other people.

It's gotten better since I was last here, before Nancy sent that out.  I posted on that thread a few minutes ago.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2015, 09:13:42 pm »

Some would make bad house guests, I guess.  Empty the refrigerator and jump on furniture sort of thing.  And the main point which seemed to be missed - there are times when it can be used appropriately.  Our host asked simply that it not be directed at members of the forum.

Seems fair.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2015, 09:30:42 pm »
Empty the refrigerator and jump on furniture sort of thing.

Killjoy.  :nono:

:laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2015, 09:53:07 pm »
Back on track for the "top tier." Polls depict relative placements, and trends.

Real Clear Politics records many polls. Any one is suspect, but placements and trends reflected on several over time means a lot.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/elections/

Have polls ever been wrong. Of course. But to say that polls are always wrong, because occasionally they are wrong is ridiculous.

It will be fascinating, perhaps vital to him, to see if Cruz in fact cracks the top tier in the next few weeks.

The media will only give him the spotlight for a short while. No doubt appearances at Jerry Falwell University and on the Glenn Beck radio entertainment network are his best shot at getting loud feedback from his true believers.

So watch the next few weeks.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2015, 09:55:30 pm »
Killjoy.  :nono:

:laugh:

Oh... I had a rare cross-thread post there... I thought I was describing a typical Chicago Bears fan. Horrible lapse.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2015, 09:58:37 pm »
I prefer a graceful taunt:

"His ignorance covers the world like a blanket, and there's scarcely a hole in it anywhere." - Mark Twain

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde

"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious." - Oscar Wilde