Author Topic: Cruz Cracks Top Tier  (Read 4318 times)

Offline libertybele

Cruz Cracks Top Tier
« on: March 23, 2015, 05:48:10 pm »
This article is spot on and Cruz is the very best that the GOP has had to offer in a long time.  The GOPe hasn't done a whole lot to stop Barry's agenda and I don't think voters will side with them or the DEMS.  Cruz stands for the Constitution, and the people.  Voters are tired of the Hillary/Bush era and won't vote for more Obama policy.  Walker has already flip-flopped and Paul lacks on foreign policy.  Really, that leaves Cruz and I have absolutely no doubt he will take the White House.  I think right now, the biggest worry is how Obama is going to dismantle this country and the Constitution before the election...and yes, I'm still praying that this country make it to another election.

2016 GOP Power Index: Cruz cracks top tier

It’s not that Ted Cruz surprised anyone with his presidential announcement. But where and how he is going about it means that all those on the right looking to be the main rival to conservative frontrunner Scott Walker got a rough wakeup call today. Cruz, with enormous name identification and a network built during his siege war with the Republican congressional leadership, is starting out with an unsparingly conservative message and doing so at the nation’s largest Christian college, Liberty University. Cruz’s early and unflinching entrance is seriously bad news for those hoping to ride enthusiasm from one part of the right – social conservatives, constitutional fundamentalists, firearm-rights enthusiasts, etc. While others are looking to build a movement to knock off Walker and win the chance to face establishment pick Jeb Bush in the GOP finals, Cruz already built his movement.

While Sen. Rand Paul, Ben Carson, former Gov. Mike Huckabee, former Sen. Rick Santorum and Gov. Bobby Jindal won’t see their core support vanish overnight, they will have increasing difficulty getting past Cruz and his message of “courageous conservatism.” He has all the scars to show for his battles with GOP moderates. His name, in fact, has become shorthand for the kind of Republicanism found odious by many in the Acela Corridor. Being the man most hated by the Republican establishment will go a long, long way with voters who hate the establishment. The question is whether Cruz can solidify his expected role quickly enough to turn his attacks on Walker. For Cruz to make it into the final showdown with Bush, he will need to reserve all his energies for toppling Walker and not spend too much time dickering with other right-wing candidates over doctrinal purity.

If Cruz is indeed to become Walker’s chief tormenter, the biggest beneficiary would have to be Bush. The former Florida governor doesn’t need to worry about answering charges from Cruz (yet, anyway) and if Walker is pushed to express even more stringently conservative positions, Bush would have an easier time of branding him a general election liability. For the establishment frontrunner, the rule remains the same: The more fighting on the right, the better. And the fire that Cruz is lighting today will burn for some time to come.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/23/2016-gop-power-index-cruz-cracks-top-tier/
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:49:07 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

Re: Cruz Cracks Top Tier
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 05:52:11 pm »
Not according to some on here. TC is second tier ??/ :chairbang: That is kool. Everyone has their own opinions and that is what makes all of us tick.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:53:35 pm by Longiron »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:02:02 pm »
Really, that leaves Cruz and I have absolutely no doubt he will take the White House.

Cemeteries are full of people who had absolutely no doubt. So are political graveyards.

Ted Cruz does not have the support of the majority of Republicans, much less is he able to garner the Independents required to win the presidency.

His strident uncompromising personality contrasts with Reagan's sunny, pleasant demeanor along with a willingness to get things done rather than die on a hill of principle.

With memories still fresh of his carefully engineered govt. shutdown in 2013, Cruz won't even win the GOP nomination.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 06:25:37 pm »
Here's a point regarding Cruz, that "wild-eyed, crazy" conservative. What? you don't think that's an accurate picture of Cruz? ...well, that's my point exactly.

Reagan was viciously portrayed as a madman on foreign policy; finger on the nuclear-button crazy. And what happened when people tuned in to see him debate? What they saw was nothing like the picture democrats painted. He was reasonable, amiable, intelligent and optimistic. People saw the real man and immediately began to come over to his side.

The same will happen with Cruz. The advance press/comedy central portrayal of Cruz as some sort of crazy, strident, right-winger will fall flat as people get to know the real Cruz--and see he is nothing like the media caricature.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 06:30:31 pm by aligncare »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 06:34:48 pm »

Rush Limbaugh
38 mins ·
Some guy who has only been a senator for a short time, some guy without any real executive experience, some guy whose biggest qualification is he went to Harvard Law School, some guy with a foreign name and mixed ethnic background, some guy who has questions about his birth certificate, have you heard this guy's running for president? Isn't that crazy?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 06:39:18 pm »
Rush Limbaugh
38 mins ·
Some guy who has only been a senator for a short time, some guy without any real executive experience, some guy whose biggest qualification is he went to Harvard Law School, some guy with a foreign name and mixed ethnic background, some guy who has questions about his birth certificate, have you heard this guy's running for president? Isn't that crazy?

Yeah. How's that worked out for us?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 06:43:20 pm »
Here's a point regarding Cruz, that "wild-eyed, crazy" conservative. What? you don't think that's an accurate picture of Cruz? ...well, that's my point exactly.

Reagan was viciously portrayed as a madman on foreign policy; finger on the nuclear-button crazy. And what happened when people tuned in to see him debate? What they saw was nothing like the picture democrats painted. He was reasonable, amiable, intelligent and optimistic. People saw the real man and immediately began to come over to his side.

The same will happen with Cruz. The advance press/comedy central portrayal of Cruz as some sort of crazy, strident, right-winger will fall flat as people get to know the real Cruz--and see he is nothing like the media caricature.

I disagree.  Cruz is not the pleasant, optimistic person Reagan was. That he thought the shutdown would force Obama to back down on Obamacare funding reveals a colossal lack of judgment and a willingness to take the country to the brink to achieve his goals.

I'll vote for him if he's the nominee, but I don't lose sleep thinking that will ever happen.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 06:47:13 pm »
Worlds of difference between Reagan and Cruz.

Reagan, military service, not a lawyer, once a democrat, successful career outside government, twice elected Governor, served two terms. Experience and Maturity.

Cruz, no military service, Ivy League lawyer, hyper-partisan, no career outside government, elected once and has not even completed the term. Brash youthful political ambition.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 07:11:58 pm »
Ted Cruz will be live on Hannity's radio show in an hour..also going to be on his show on Fox tonight.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 07:13:21 pm »
The GOPe hates Cruz and so do the Dems, which means Cruz is great for America!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 07:20:49 pm »
The Rhinocerotidae hates Cruz and so do the Dems, which means Cruz is great for America!

Excellent point! There may be a better choice somewhere and there sure as hell are a TON of worse ones!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 07:33:23 pm »
Worlds of difference between Reagan and Cruz.

Reagan, military service, not a lawyer, once a democrat, successful career outside government, twice elected Governor, served two terms. Experience and Maturity.

Cruz, no military service, Ivy League lawyer, hyper-partisan, no career outside government, elected once and has not even completed the term. Brash youthful political ambition.
Blahblahblahblah.
So what. Yes, I prefer candidates who have had a career outside of government. Cruz is not my first choice. But why the hatred?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Longiron

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 08:09:17 pm »
The Rhinocerotidae hates Cruz and so do the Dems, which means Cruz is great for America!

Luv your thinking libertybele  :patriot:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 08:21:08 pm »
He has all the scars to show for his battles with GOP moderates...

...and not a single victory.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 08:56:55 pm »
Ted Cruz is not going to win a presidential race because he does not appeal to enough voters. There are a lot of Republicans that don't like him, let alone people closer to the middle. I'm sure the Democrats will appreciate the easy victory.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 09:03:24 pm »
Blahblahblahblah.
But why the hatred?

No hatred here. Amusement over the cult of personality aspect. Just not falling for the anti-establishment theme, with a wife on leave from Goldman Sachs.

But you all can.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 09:32:09 pm »
Ted Cruz is not going to win a presidential race because he does not appeal to enough voters. There are a lot of Republicans that don't like him, let alone people closer to the middle. I'm sure the Democrats will appreciate the easy victory.

You're right. He will not win the Presidential race.

That was an inspiring, even brilliant speech today. I'll give him kudos for his passion and his ability to deliver that speech without a teleprompter in sight.

However, given where he gave the speech, he may as well have spent 40 minutes throwing out Prime ribeyes at a butcher's convention. The speech was all red meat.

I had a couple of issues with it.

Here's one:

Instead of the lawlessness and the president’s unconstitutional executive amnesty, imagine a president that finally, finally, finally secures the borders.

(APPLAUSE)

And imagine a legal immigration system that welcomes and celebrates those who come to achieve the American dream.

(APPLAUSE)

I'm all for securing the borders, but what about those who are already here illegally?

What's his plan for them?

Instead of a federal government that wages an assault on our religious liberty, that goes after Hobby Lobby, that goes after the Little Sisters of the Poor, that goes after Liberty University, imagine a federal government that stands for the First Amendment rights of every American.

(APPLAUSE)

Instead of a federal government that works to undermine our values, imagine a federal government that works to defend the sanctity of human life...

(APPLAUSE)

... and to uphold the sacrament of marriage.

I'm all about the defense of the First Amendment and the sanctity of life, but where does the POTUS and the Federal government get the Constitutional power to defend a sacrament or have any voice whatsoever on marriage at large?

He talks about the Constitution serving as "chains to bind the mischief of government", but the Constitution gives neither the Legislative or Executive branches any voice in the subject of marriage.

How does that jibe with his respect for the Constitutional binds on the Federal government?

Then there's this:

Today, roughly half of born again Christians aren’t voting. They’re staying home.

Well... than you very much!

Their staying home and not voting is what enabled the assault on out religious liberties known as Obamacare.

Republicans would have NEVER passed Obamacare.

Never.

Red meat speech.

A great red meat speech, but red meat nevertheless.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 09:46:46 pm »
You're right. He will not win the Presidential race.

That was an inspiring, even brilliant speech today. I'll give him kudos for his passion and his ability to deliver that speech without a teleprompter in sight.

However, given where he gave the speech, he may as well have spent 40 minutes throwing out Prime ribeyes at a butcher's convention. The speech was all red meat.

I had a couple of issues with it.

Here's one:

I'm all for securing the borders, but what about those who are already here illegally?

What's his plan for them?

I'm all about the defense of the First Amendment and the sanctity of life, but where does the POTUS and the Federal government get the Constitutional power to defend a sacrament or have any voice whatsoever on marriage at large?

He talks about the Constitution serving as "chains to bind the mischief of government", but the Constitution gives neither the Legislative or Executive branches any voice in the subject of marriage.

How does that jibe with his respect for the Constitutional binds on the Federal government?

Then there's this:

Well... than you very much!

Their staying home and not voting is what enabled the assault on out religious liberties known as Obamacare.

Republicans would have NEVER passed Obamacare.

Never.

Red meat speech.

A great red meat speech, but red meat nevertheless.

I agree with you.  Senator Cruz is not even my fifth choice (but he's better than any name I've heard floated by the Democrats).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 09:55:34 pm »
I agree with you.  Senator Cruz is not even my fifth choice (but he's better than any name I've heard floated by the Democrats).

Good to see you.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 12:49:42 am »
No hatred here. Amusement over the cult of personality aspect. Just not falling for the anti-establishment theme, with a wife on leave from Goldman Sachs.

But you all can.
He's not my first choice, so it's far from accurate to lump me in with anyone "falling for" anything relating to Sen. Cruz's campaign.

Do you truly believe that those who support Cruz necessarily are "falling for" the anti-establishment theme or caught up in a cult of personality, though? That hardly seems accurate, either. Judgmental and an overly broad generalization ("you all," really?), but not accurate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 01:35:38 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 01:46:16 am »
The MSM will certainly be focused on Cruz battling the GOPe taking the spotlight away from Hillary...tsk...tsk...tsk..she's not going to like that!  :silly:

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 03:30:45 am »
The challenge which Cruz must meet and prevail is to broaden his appeal.

Otherwise he is stuck with a narrow but deeply committed following.

Narrow but deep. Texas was right in his wheelhouse, but much of the nation is not. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 04:06:52 am »
The challenge which Cruz must meet and prevail is to broaden his appeal.

Otherwise he is stuck with a narrow but deeply committed following.

Narrow but deep. Texas was right in his wheelhouse, but much of the nation is not.

I strongly disagree.  Progressive liberalism is dead. Obama policy has been rejected. The GOPe is failing.  He is a Latino, faith-based, Constitutional conservative who is very well educated and a great debater.  I am not at all worried about him broadening his appeal. Ted Cruz is Golden!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 09:21:41 am »
The Rhinocerotidae is failing.

"Rhinocerotidae?"  is that back?
bitchin'

Sen. Cruz is very intelligent.  He has strong moral principles.  He is pro-life and for smaller government.  I believe he would be a proactive Commander in Chief.  For all these reasons I would be proud to vote for him in the general election for President in 2016. 

I'd like to hear him speak more about tax cuts and job creation...in fact if he wants to win that should be 90% of his message.

I don't think he is the strongest GOP candidate but I think the GOP could put up a ham sandwich and win in 2016, and compared to any rat Cruz is golden.