Author Topic: Ari Fleischer: 'I Guarantee You' Hillary's Emails Were Hacked  (Read 1266 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=628301

Newsmax
Ari Fleischer: 'I Guarantee You' Hillary's Emails Were Hacked
Wednesday, March 4, 2015 06:32 PM

By: Bill Hoffmann

Former White House spokesman Ari Fleischer tells Newsmax TV he believes Iran, Russia and China routinely read Hillary Clinton's emails detailing sensitive government business.

Fleischer, who served under George W. Bush, said the disclosure that Clinton had used a personal email account — not a government one — during her time as secretary of State made her dispatches vulnerable to hacking.

"If it's done from a personal account, I guarantee you China, Russia and Iran have them," Fleischer said Wednesday on "The Steve Malzberg Show."

The New York Times reported on Monday that Clinton used a personal email address to conduct official government business during her stint as secretary of state, possibly violating rules that official correspondence be retained.

But Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill responded: "Like Secretaries of State before her, she used her own email account when engaging with any [State] Department officials. For government business, she emailed them on their Department account, with every expectation that they would be retained."

Asked if the use of a personal email account, could be in violation of federal law, Fleischer told Steve Malzberg:

"If you or I get subpoenaed, we have no choice, we turn everything over. You're not supposed to have a team around you who decides what you turn over, what you don't and what people are told exist and what doesn't exist.

"The sleaziness of this aside and the fact that you have a government official who is doing business in the way that was designed to hide their business, there's another issue here that is terribly serious....

"If it's a personal email, it's simple for it to get hacked by a foreign adversary. Think of a secretary of State for every day that she's in office is cc'ing Iran, Russia, China and other adversaries on every single email that she sends and every one that she receives."

Fleischer said he believed the point of Clinton's breach was "she wanted to have maximum control over her information as the secretary of State.

"When you do that as a government official and you put all your government communications that only you control because the internet is registered to your home, you're circumventing the rules," he said.

But Fleischer, now president of Ari Fleischer Sports Communications, added that Republicans should not jump to conclusions.

"Laws are broken. One of the things that's wrong in Washington is everybody wants to put their opponent in jail. There's right and wrong as opposed to illegal and legal, and in this case, right and wrong is really where our focus should be," he said.

"It's wrong for cabinet secretaries to circumvent the laws and the rules, whether it's legal or otherwise — to set up their own system of communicating. You don't do that.

"When I was in government we were told if you have a personal email account, that's fine.

"Put your personal business on your personal [email] and your government business on your government [email] and there were people in the Bush White House who got in trouble because they tried to do government work through the Republican National Committee and they did get in trouble. You should not do it. Same standards should apply to Mrs. Clinton."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Ari Fleischer: 'I Guarantee You' Hillary's Emails Were Hacked
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:46:38 pm »
Aren't public servants supposed to use government resources, because presumable those systems are

1. Designed to be highly secure. National security has a huge secrecy component.

2. The work product is owned by the government, not merely the individual. Permanent, public record.

I now think it much less likely that Hillary Clinton will be the democrat's candidate. This, Benghazi, her age, her health, her wealth, will simply create too big a risk for her party.

Demographics alone give the democrats an advantage. Why squander the advantage, on a seriously wounded candidate?

She can stay in the race for a long time, inducing Republicans to expend immense amounts of ammo, on her.

I am skeptical however, that Republicans generally can make convincing arguments, about her, or much of anything else.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 07:00:27 pm »
I am skeptical however, that Republicans generally can make convincing arguments, about her, or much of anything else.

The sole purpose of the Republican party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat party. /ht GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 07:13:32 pm »
The sole purpose of the Republican party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat party. /ht GourmetDan
Got Illuminati, too?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 07:24:55 pm »
Got Illuminati, too?

Nope. No special club. If you have money, you're in.

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 09:30:21 pm »
If people can hack into military sites, the 9 personal accounts she has would have been no problem. 888sunglass

Offline Formerly Once-Ler