Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Netanyahu Addresses Congress  (Read 10035 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: LIVE THREAD>>>Netanyahu Addresses Congress
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2015, 06:20:33 pm »
Still looking for the official WH response...if you find it post it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2015, 06:23:10 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/234445-pelosi-near-tears-at-bibi-insult

Pelosi 'near tears' at Bibi 'insult'

By Mike Lillis - 03/03/15 12:38 PM EST
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) hammered Benjamin Netanyahu Tuesday, saying the Israeli prime minister's speech to Congress was an "insult" to the country.

“The unbreakable bonds between the United States and Israel are rooted in our shared values, our common ideals and mutual interests," Pelosi said in a statement just after the speech.

“That is why, as one who values the U.S. — Israel relationship, and loves Israel, I was near tears throughout the Prime Minister’s speech — saddened by the insult to the intelligence of the United States as part of the P5 +1 nations, and saddened by the condescension toward our knowledge of the threat posed by Iran and our broader commitment to preventing nuclear proliferation."

WTF is she talking about!

Due to hallucinations brought about by her Botox saturated brain and rapidly advancing dementia, she probably heard a completely different speech than the one delivered by Bibi. That would explain her reaction.

Offline flowers

« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2015, 06:27:04 pm »
Still looking for the official WH response...if you find it post it.
You know they so p1ssed off right now and cannot see straight.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2015, 06:32:00 pm »
Just watched the speech in full.  Nothing new.  Same rhetoric.  No plan other than the status quo. 

But the speech was certainly well delivered.

That's a rather strange interpretation of what was said but I suppose we hear what we want to hear....for example polousy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2015, 06:32:00 pm »
Of course he did! NO deal at all is better than THIS deal but even better would be a MUCH better deal!

I got the NO deal is better than THIS deal from his speech.

But I missed what a MUCH better deal would look like.  Would love to hear what Netanyahu said about this.

Thanks.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2015, 06:32:26 pm »
So when it comes to Iran and ISIS, the enemy of your enemy is your enemy.

Folks with these words Bibi is trying to let you in on something else he knows but cannot say in public!

ISIS is a creature of Iran created with the help of the Obama administration for their use in their much bigger overall plan. They will be disposed of by Iran when the time comes!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2015, 06:33:02 pm »

Greta Van Susteren
22 mins · Edited ·
LIKE and SHARE this post if you agree this is bad behavior.
I was stunned by Leader Pelosi's conduct today at Prime Minister Netanyahu's speech. This Facebook post in not about whether you should agree or not agree with the Prime Minister or whether he should give a speech or not -- this is about how one should behave when one is a leader and makes the decision to attend the speech.
I went to the speech and, from my seat in the press balcony, I had a direct line of vision to Leader Pelosi for the entire speech.
Her behavior was so obvious that it was hard to take your eyes off her. She was rude...very rude.
For example, when others (BOTH Republicans and Democrats) stood and clapped, she was about the last to stand and then when she did stand, she turned her back on the Prime Minister and spoke to the person behind her. It was obvious what she was doing and what message she was sending. This happened multiple times. I am not saying she had to stand and clap even when her fellow Democrats were -- but if she was going to stand, she should not have demonstrated her disdain by turning her back.
I realize this is politics and politics are different than the law, but if you acted like this in the courtroom, a judge would hold you in contempt.
By the way, she was the only one I saw doing anything remotely like this -- the other Democrats were polite and clapping, maybe not enthusiastically clapping, but dignified and polite to the Prime Minister.
I know Leader Pelosi is furious that the Prime MInister spoke today (she has made that plain) but she should have stayed in her office instead of attending the speech and showing such disdain for a Head of State of an ally in such a public way. As a Leader in the House of Representatives, she does represent all of us.
And yes, people can have very different and very strong views -- these are tough issues and serious times - but , when you are a leader representing others at a public forum with a Head of State from an ally, either be polite or just don't go. Her behavior was juvenile. She should have skipped it.
Note that she issued a statement after the speech and here it is is:
--------------
Pelosi Statement on Prime Minister Netanyahu’s Address to Congress
Washington, D.C. – Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi released the following statement regarding Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s address to the Joint Meeting of Congress:
“The unbreakable bonds between the United States and Israel are rooted in our shared values, our common ideals and mutual interests. Ours is a deep and abiding friendship that will always reach beyond party. Americans stand shoulder to shoulder with the Israeli people. The state of Israel stands as the greatest political achievement of the 20th century, and the United States will always have an unshakable commitment to Israel’s security.
“That is why, as one who values the U.S. – Israel relationship, and loves Israel, I was near tears throughout the Prime Minister’s speech – saddened by the insult to the intelligence of the United States as part of the P5 +1 nations, and saddened by the condescension toward our knowledge of the threat posed by Iran and our broader commitment to preventing nuclear proliferation.
“Today, Prime Minister Netanyahu reiterated something we all agree upon: a nuclear armed Iran is unacceptable to both our countries. We have all said that a bad deal is worse than no deal, and stopping the spread of nuclear weapons is the bedrock of our foreign policy and national security. As President Obama has said consistently, all options are on the table for preventing a nuclear-armed Iran.”
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2015, 06:34:44 pm »
That's a rather strange interpretation of what was said but I suppose we hear what we want to hear....for example polousy

Granted, I watched it in the office ... so please, what "new" did I miss?  I'd really like to know so that I can appropriately access the value of his speech--beyond his rhetorical style.

Thanks.

Offline flowers

« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2015, 06:36:47 pm »

But I missed what a MUCH better deal would look like.  Would love to hear what Netanyahu said about this.

Thanks.
Why even deal with them?

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2015, 06:38:47 pm »
Why even deal with them?

Why not?  Wouldn't we prefer to watch Iran in the sunlight than wonder what it's doing in the shadows?  Is there no value to Israel's security in that?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2015, 06:44:07 pm »

Thanks.

This deal won't be a farewell to arms. It would be a farewell to arms control. And the Middle East would soon be crisscrossed by nuclear tripwires. A region where small skirmishes can trigger big wars would turn into a nuclear tinderbox.

If anyone thinks -- if anyone thinks this deal kicks the can down the road, think again. When we get down that road, we'll face a much more dangerous Iran, a Middle East littered with nuclear bombs and a countdown to a potential nuclear nightmare.

Ladies and gentlemen, I've come here today to tell you we don't have to bet the security of the world on the hope that Iran will change for the better. We don't have to gamble with our future and with our children's future.

We can insist that restrictions on Iran's nuclear program not be lifted for as long as Iran continues its aggression in the region and in the world.

(APPLAUSE)

Before lifting those restrictions, the world should demand that Iran do three things. First, stop its aggression against its neighbors in the Middle East. Second...

(APPLAUSE)

Second, stop supporting terrorism around the world.

(APPLAUSE)

And third, stop threatening to annihilate my country, Israel, the one and only Jewish state.

(APPLAUSE)

Thank you.

If the world powers are not prepared to insist that Iran change its behavior before a deal is signed, at the very least they should insist that Iran change its behavior before a deal expires.

(APPLAUSE)

If Iran changes its behavior, the restrictions would be lifted. If Iran doesn't change its behavior, the restrictions should not be lifted.

(APPLAUSE)

If Iran wants to be treated like a normal country, let it act like a normal country.

(APPLAUSE)

My friends, what about the argument that there's no alternative to this deal, that Iran's nuclear know-how cannot be erased, that its nuclear program is so advanced that the best we can do is delay the inevitable, which is essentially what the proposed deal seeks to do?

Well, nuclear know-how without nuclear infrastructure doesn't get you very much. A racecar driver without a car can't drive. A pilot without a plan can't fly. Without thousands of centrifuges, tons of enriched uranium or heavy water facilities, Iran can't make nuclear weapons.

(APPLAUSE)

Iran's nuclear program can be rolled back well-beyond the current proposal by insisting on a better deal and keeping up the pressure on a very vulnerable regime, especially given the recent collapse in the price of oil.

Emphasis added by me.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2015, 06:45:33 pm »
Here we go

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/netanyahu-speech-reaction-white/2015/03/03/id/627991/

Newsmax
White House: Netanyahu Offers 'No Concrete Action Plan' on Iran
Tuesday, March 3, 2015 01:29 PM

By: REUTERS

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu failed to offer an alternative in his speech to the U.S. Congress on the ongoing nuclear talks with Iran, a senior U.S. administration official said on Tuesday.

"Simply demanding that Iran completely capitulate is not a plan, nor would any country support us in that position. The prime minister offered no concrete action plan," the official said, speaking on background.

Netanyahu warned Congress against accepting a deal with Iran that President Barack Obama and his administration are deeply invested in negotiating, arguing that the deal would leave Iran with a "breakout time" of a year, which he said was too short.

The senior U.S. official said that the administration was pursuing a deal that "verifiably prevents" Iran from obtaining a weapon, and increases the breakout time "substantially" to a year from the current estimate of two to three months.

"These negotiations are not an opening to a rapprochement with Iran," the official said.

The official said that the proposed length of the deal - a decade or longer - would be "far longer than any other option."

"Military action would set it back by a fraction of that time, at which point Iran would begin to rebuild its program and try to break out for a weapon," the official said.

The official said Netanyahu contradicted himself by arguing that the Iranian government is both "powerful and unchanging" and "weak and vulnerable" and insisting that it needed to change as a condition for a nuclear deal.

"The logic of the prime minister's speech is regime change, not a nuclear speech," the official said.
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2015, 06:46:08 pm »
Thanks for posting (and bolding) those quotes, Bigun.

Bibi laid down a very clear strategy for dealing with Iran.

I don't know how anyone missed it....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2015, 06:47:15 pm »
Why not?  Wouldn't we prefer to watch Iran in the sunlight than wonder what it's doing in the shadows?  Is there no value to Israel's security in that?

I'm TIRED of "watching" IRAN! We've been watching this regime in Iran for well over thirty years and in all that time the only thing that's changed is that they have gotten even more militant that they were to begin with!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2015, 06:48:07 pm »
They will never change with the current regime. You cannot play nice with them, ever. At least in the shadows they haven't been able to full on make nukes. Now they will be able to.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2015, 06:49:01 pm »
Thanks for posting (and bolding) those quotes, Bigun.

Bibi laid down a very clear strategy for dealing with Iran.

I don't know how anyone missed it....   **nononono*

You are very welcome!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2015, 06:50:27 pm »
Brietbart

1:35 p.m. EST: Breitbart News’ Charlie Spiering observes:

Many Democrat members of the Congressional Black Caucus who actually attended Netanyahu’s speech were among the most subdued, refusing to stand or applaud. Rep. Joyce Beatty (D-OH) thumbed through her smart phone for a large portion of the speech. As the speech ended she stood up with the rest of the members who were applauding. Beatty clapped a few times before returning to her smart phone and left the speech.

As Netanyahu was announced, most of Congress stood and applauded heartily. Not so with Senate Minority Harry Reid, who stood with his hands in his pockets as Netanyahu made his way up the aisles. As Netanyahu approached Reid, he shook his hand before grabbing him by both arms and pulled him closer to exchange a few words. Reid, still recovering from his exercise accident, rarely stood with the rest of his Senate colleagues as they repeatedly gave Netanyahu a standing ovation.

Netanyahu acknowledged Reid during his speech, specifically referring to the accident. “Harry, it’s good to see you back on your feet,” he said.

Prior the speech, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi had an animated conversation before Schultz took her seat. During the speech, Pelosi clenched her jaw and repeatedly muttered under her breath especially as Netanyahu began criticizing the negotiations with Iran.
Support the USO

« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2015, 06:58:09 pm »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2015, 07:07:32 pm »
I am tempted to challenge you RiV, the lone dissenter here. But, what would be the point? You obviously have an intense dislike of america's long time ally and sole democracy in the Middle East.

I really don't have the time to try and dissuade you from that position.

Thank you.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2015, 07:11:13 pm »

It sounds as though you equate appeasement with ' watching Iran in the sunlight' whatever that means, and believe the opposite is a lack of strategy.

Offline flowers

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2015, 07:29:38 pm »

Pelosi turns around and bullies demorats not to clap for Bibi during his speech. from today.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2015, 07:30:53 pm »
Myst... thank you for your efforts with this thread.  Well done.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2015, 07:37:54 pm »
AJE News ‏@AJENews 6m6 minutes ago

Obama's rebuttal: "Nothing new" in Netanyahu's speech to US Congress. http://aje.io/a539 

Note: not read it yet.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2015, 07:40:21 pm »
Greta Van Susteren
22 mins · Edited ·
As a Leader in the House of Representatives, she does represent all of us.

Ah, no Greta, she does not represent me