Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Netanyahu Addresses Congress  (Read 10071 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: LIVE THREAD>>>Netanyahu Addresses Congress
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2015, 05:27:13 pm »
David Axelrod ‏@davidaxelrod 13m13 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Speech broke no new ground nor offered realistic path short of war. But apocalyptic language & GOP cheerleading tailor-made for his base.

Filthy prostitute; Axelrod.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2015, 05:30:13 pm »
Filthy prostitute; Axelrod.

Perfect description.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2015, 05:33:31 pm »
Wonderful speech. Wonderful wonderful wonderful!!!

Yes indeed! I'm very glad to hear Bibi repeating what has been said many times previously right here on this forum! His words carry much more weight!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Millee

« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2015, 05:34:21 pm »
Was refreshing to hear a leader and real man speak.   ^-^

Offline musiclady

« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2015, 05:36:15 pm »
Yes indeed! I'm very glad to hear Bibi repeating what has been said many times previously right here on this forum! His words carry much more weight!

I noticed that I had heard the same words from someone........ ahem......... before.  :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2015, 05:36:55 pm »
Now let's see how the state controlled media butchers this speech in tonight's news reports to the ignorant masses.

The state controlled media didn't even carry the speech.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/broadcast-networks-dont-carry-israeli-778858

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2015, 05:43:58 pm »
Eye on Politics ‏@EyeOnPolitics 2m2 minutes ago

Panicked Democrats bashing Netanyahu on TV now. Is this the White House's way of responding?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2015, 05:44:02 pm »
Bibi on praising Obama: "at those moments when I called Pres. Obama, he was there...taking my call on the 18th green"

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2015, 05:45:15 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/234445-pelosi-near-tears-at-bibi-insult

Pelosi 'near tears' at Bibi 'insult'

By Mike Lillis - 03/03/15 12:38 PM EST
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) hammered Benjamin Netanyahu Tuesday, saying the Israeli prime minister's speech to Congress was an "insult" to the country.

“The unbreakable bonds between the United States and Israel are rooted in our shared values, our common ideals and mutual interests," Pelosi said in a statement just after the speech.

“That is why, as one who values the U.S. — Israel relationship, and loves Israel, I was near tears throughout the Prime Minister’s speech — saddened by the insult to the intelligence of the United States as part of the P5 +1 nations, and saddened by the condescension toward our knowledge of the threat posed by Iran and our broader commitment to preventing nuclear proliferation."

WTF is she talking about!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2015, 05:47:25 pm »

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) hammered Benjamin Netanyahu Tuesday, saying the Israeli prime minister's speech to Congress was an "insult" to the country.

“The unbreakable bonds between the United States and Israel are rooted in our shared values, our common ideals and mutual interests," Pelosi said in a statement just after the speech.

“That is why, as one who values the U.S. — Israel relationship, and loves Israel, I was near tears throughout the Prime Minister’s speech — saddened by the insult to the intelligence of the United States as part of the P5 +1 nations, and saddened by the condescension toward our knowledge of the threat posed by Iran and our broader commitment to preventing nuclear proliferation."

She knows that they have just had their asses kicked by a professional and doesn't like it one bit!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2015, 05:51:10 pm »

Geez, I am almost in tears and some days in tears with you and your ilk.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2015, 05:52:14 pm »
Pel0si: 0bama acknowledges "the threat posed by Iran and our broader commitment to preventing nuclear proliferation"

Who knew?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:53:32 pm by aligncare »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2015, 05:52:41 pm »

Stammering with no cogent thought. 
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2015, 05:53:06 pm »
Breitbart

12:45 p.m. EST: The boycotting Democrats are staging their own press conference. The news networks are ignoring them, which is really striking–except for Fox News, which is ripping the boycotters. The purpose of the conference appears to be to defend President Obama and to undermine Prime Minister Netanyahu. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) rips Netanyahu for his testimony in 2002 in favor of the Iraq war. She makes the mistake of slamming his prediction that Iranians would rise up against their government (which actually happened). She then loses herself in her prepared text.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2015, 05:54:15 pm »
White House sends out virulent attack dogs to smear Netanyahu.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2015, 05:59:05 pm »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/03/wow-democrats-lash-out-at-netanyahu-tell-him-to-go-home-call-him-a-child/

Wow! Democrats LASH OUT at Netanyahu, Tell Him to Go Home, Call Him “a Child”
Support the USO

Offline flowers

« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2015, 06:00:00 pm »
White House sends out virulent attack dogs to smear Netanyahu.
What was the whitehouse unofficial statement? What is the gist of the statements?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2015, 06:01:34 pm »
ABC stating 'it was a speech that wasn't supposed to be political, but was from the start....' and focusing on Boehner not asking O's permission.

Offline flowers

« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2015, 06:03:51 pm »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/03/wow-democrats-lash-out-at-netanyahu-tell-him-to-go-home-call-him-a-child/

Wow! Democrats LASH OUT at Netanyahu, Tell Him to Go Home, Call Him “a Child”
It NEVER fails. For YEARS they have always blame the something with the description that they are doing. They ALWAYS use the words that is the thing they are doing.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2015, 06:06:07 pm »
ABC stating 'it was a speech that wasn't supposed to be political, but was from the start....' and focusing on Boehner not asking O's permission.

This was all pre-planned..they all had their talking points down pat....and the MSM did their part in not televising it so they could jusde for themselves on what was said..instead the nightly news will feed the low-info voters the WH talking points....
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2015, 06:06:57 pm »
I only caught snippets of the speech (in the office).  Did Netanyahu lay out an alternative to the deal he opposes?  If so, what is it?  Thanks.

Just watched the speech in full.  Nothing new.  Same rhetoric.  No plan other than the status quo. 

But the speech was certainly well delivered.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2015, 06:07:17 pm »
1:00 p.m. EST: The boycotting Democrats who are slamming Netanyahu and Boehner appear to have been very poorly briefed. Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) said that he disagreed with Netanyahu: “I do not trust war is the best way to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons.” Netanyahu spent his speech arguing for a better deal, not for war. Later, Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) claims that the U.S. and Iran have been cooperating for a century. Most of the other comments are petty and tangential. The networks are likely avoiding this event to spare Democrats some severe embarrassment.
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2015, 06:11:00 pm »
Did Netanyahu lay out an alternative to the deal he opposes?  If so, what is it?  Thanks.

Of course he did! NO deal at all is better than THIS deal but even better would be a MUCH better deal!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2015, 06:11:55 pm »
The Left is soiling themselves but they had to know it was coming.  It HAD to be what they feared would be delivered. 
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2015, 06:19:12 pm »
Just watched the speech in full.  Nothing new.  Same rhetoric.  No plan other than the status quo. 

But the speech was certainly well delivered.

I am mystified by that sentiment.  I have heard it from several sources, mostly the Left.  But, what has changed exactly?  The centrifuges continue to spin while our President works on his golf handicap.  He is the one playing parlor game semantics with his acolytes and useful widgets on the Left. 

Point: Israel has an existential threat.
Point: Israel will go it alone if necessary.
Point: Current path is unacceptable, and the time is short to change course.

That's it.  What were you expecting?
John Steinbeck