Author Topic: John Boehner allies fret coup attempt  (Read 633 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Boehner allies fret coup attempt
« on: February 28, 2015, 08:23:59 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/john-boehner-allies-fret-coup-attempt-115616.html#ixzz3T4SEJOYC

John Boehner allies fret coup attempt

Conservatives warn the speaker’s fate could be determined by how he handles the next seven days.

By John Bresnahan, Anna Palmer and Lauren French

2/28/15 1:46 PM EST

Close allies of Speaker John Boehner are worried that his conservative rivals could move to oust him as soon as next week.

Removing a sitting speaker is exceedingly difficult, and such an effort would almost certainly fall short. Yet growing speculation about the possibility of it – coming after Friday’s embarrassing defeat at the hands of conservatives and House Democrats on the homeland security battle — shows how vulnerable the speaker has become.

Five years into the job, he’s a leader consistently buffeted by forces beyond his control. The legislative calendar guarantees it won’t get any easier: in the coming weeks and months there will be battles over the debt ceiling, budget, taxes, and spending cuts.

The question is how many more of these episodes Boehner can withstand.

Frustration with the Ohio Republican is mounting after dozens of hardliners voted Friday against his three-week funding package for the Department of Homeland Security. Hours of frantic leadership meeting ensued. After some backroom maneuvering with Democrats, Boehner was able to push through a one-week bill to keep DHS open.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/john-boehner-allies-fret-coup-attempt-115616.html#ixzz3T4bd8j7M

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: John Boehner allies fret coup attempt
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:49:30 pm »
Close allies of Speaker John Boehner are worried that his conservative rivals could move to oust him as soon as next week.

And who would those be exactly?
I'm guessing the top of the list would be:

1. Obama
2. Reid
3. Pelosie
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 09:25:00 pm »
I smell Gomer Gohmert behind this.

What in hell do the foaming-at-the-mouth tper's expect him to do? They can't win a defunding battle, yet they expect Boehner to throw himself on the shutdown gambit, though he knows it won't work.

If they vote him out, he should go proudly. The tper's are going to give the House back to the Dems with their ridiculous antics.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 10:00:54 pm »
He can go out 'proud' if he wants to.

But please tell him to STOP CRYING!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 01:56:17 am »

And who would those be exactly?
I'm guessing the top of the list would be:

1. Obama
2. Reid
3. Pelosie

:silly: