Author Topic: American Malls Are Threatened by Somalian Terrorists — and the DHS Secretary Is Warning Shoppers of the Danger  (Read 6687 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
You must think we are all of the *bomb them back to the stone age* mentality

There are a lot of people with varying opinions on this forum. I don't think any mentality defines them all.

referencing Somalia was poor judgement on your part as many military families here..Somalia is still a fresh wound on how a CinC can foresake his troops in battle.

I apologize if I have offended you Myst; that was most certainly not my intention.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

You must think we are all of the *bomb them back to the stone age* mentality.....referencing Somalia was poor judgement on your part as many military families here..Somalia is still a fresh wound on how a CinC can foresake his troops in battle.

Amen!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I guess we should start bombing Somalia.
A better idea is to curtail immigration from the regions which terrorist movements take place. And to expel/deport anybody that got in here, under false claims, like refugees, etc.

Naïve western nations have been duped into admitting "refugees" from Islamic regions, only to find they have a radical islamist in their midst. Europe, Australia, for instance. The Boston brothers might be an example for how it happens.

Somalis, too. It is better to not take the chance.

Australia, Scandinavia, Britain, Europe. Canada, the USA. I'm certain IF an honest poll could be taken, it would be to reduce, seriously restrict, curtail entirely, immigration from dangerous places.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Dexter

A better idea is to curtail immigration from the regions which terrorist movements take place. And to expel/deport anybody that got in here, under false claims, like refugees, etc.

Naïve western nations have been duped into admitting "refugees" from Islamic regions, only to find they have a radical islamist in their midst. Europe, Australia, for instance. The Boston brothers might be an example for how it happens.

Somalis, too. It is better to not take the chance.

Australia, Scandinavia, Britain, Europe. Canada, the USA. I'm certain IF an honest poll could be taken, it would be to reduce, seriously restrict, curtail entirely, immigration from dangerous places.

I think we should curtail immigration from all places. People on the left love to point to the Scandinavian countries as an example of what government can and should do for its people, but they tend to forget the part where it is incredibly difficult to earn citizenship in those countries because they know they can't afford to do those things for anybody that manages to cross the border.
-Socrates

Online kevindavis007

Lots of Somalis in Minneapolis.  They've got a large pool of possible terrorists in the Twin Cities.

There is a reason why I will not visit the Mall of America anymore..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline musiclady

There is a reason why I will not visit the Mall of America anymore..

That's a good reason.

The decadence of endless shopping is another.  (I hate shopping!)   :smokin:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online kevindavis007

That's a good reason.

I prefer shopping online nowadays...

rangerrebew

I have a few questions re the timing of this *video*...when exactly was it made....and is it a coincidence that DHS needs funding by Sat to help keep America safe.....just scaring the American people to pressure Congress to pass the DHS budget.....I am getting sooo cynical in my old age...especially with this Admin

Great minds must think alike! :whistle:  That is the first thing that popped into my mind also.

Offline musiclady

I prefer shopping online nowadays...

What did I ever do before amazon.com??

(I suffered, that's what!  ^-^)

Online kevindavis007

What did I ever do before amazon.com??

(I suffered, that's what!  ^-^ )

Life before amazon, going around for the right thing and the right price.. Going to a crowded mall, park all the way in Egypt, fight with people who wanted the same thing...

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
That's a good reason.

I hear you musiclady!  Maybe it is from owning a shop for 26 years - but I hate to "go shopping" - and I really HATE going to malls!  I can shop online in my pajamas, in the middle of the night - and I can do comparison shopping with the click of a key.  And then, they will bring it right to my door!  There are some things you can't shop for that way, and I DREAD having to do it - but I won't buy shoes online (must try them on) or purses (I like to see them in person and see how it feels to "carry" - and of course, groceries (but I would buy them online if I could).   :laugh:

You couldn't drag me to a mall.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Dexter

I hear you musiclady!  Maybe it is from owning a shop for 26 years - but I hate to "go shopping" - and I really HATE going to malls!  I can shop online in my pajamas, in the middle of the night - and I can do comparison shopping with the click of a key.  And then, they will bring it right to my door!  There are some things you can't shop for that way, and I DREAD having to do it - but I won't buy shoes online (must try them on) or purses (I like to see them in person and see how it feels to "carry" - and of course, groceries (but I would buy them online if I could).   :laugh:

It probably won't be long before we can get groceries delivered to our door.
-Socrates

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Our Kroger offers it...but the selection is very limited.....besides I like grocery shopping..just hate unloading and putting away.....as far as clothes, toys etc I buy online as much as I can...love it around Christmas time when stores offer free shipping and returns...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

You must think we are all of the *bomb them back to the stone age* mentality.....referencing Somalia was poor judgement on your part as many military families here..Somalia is still a fresh wound on how a CinC can foresake his troops in battle.

Can't do it.  They never left the stone age.

Offline truth_seeker

I think we should curtail immigration from all places. People on the left love to point to the Scandinavian countries as an example of what government can and should do for its people, but they tend to forget the part where it is incredibly difficult to earn citizenship in those countries because they know they can't afford to do those things for anybody that manages to cross the border.
I believe Scandinavians (and all of Europe) generously opened their arms to "refugees" from Islamic locales, only to realize later on,  they got burned. Now they realize they are paying the price for their naivety.

Germany started with "guest workers" from several places in the 1960s. Portugal, Greece, Turkey for example. Only the muslim Turks became problems, at the next generation.

In Malmo Sweden, the muslims are supported by the government, and will not work. Nine out of ten rapes in Sweden is committed by a muslim immigrant.

Minority parties are gaining, in almost every country, and they want to change immigration. I bet we would o likewise, as would Canada and Australia.

Muslims immigrants are problems, over and over. It cannot be denied, no matter what Obama says to divert attention from the problem.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Can't do it.  They never left the stone age.

LMAO...I know...they haven't advanced much since then..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

I'm ready for that day.  :laugh:

Offline alicewonders

Our Kroger offers it...but the selection is very limited.....besides I like grocery shopping..just hate unloading and putting away.....as far as clothes, toys etc I buy online as much as I can...love it around Christmas time when stores offer free shipping and returns...

I used to like it, but I dread it anymore.  My husband actually does a lot of the grocery shopping for us - he's not too bad if he remembers to take the list with him!  I have found that certain items I'm picky about - he is bad to say, "they didn't have any".   :thud:

Offline Lando Lincoln

I like to cook (boy, that Lando is awesome!) so I like to browse in the grocery store.  That, and the gun shop!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EdinVA

I like to cook (boy, that Lando is awesome!) so I like to browse in the grocery store.  That, and the gun shop!

Lando, hate to tell you but the stuff in the store is already dead.. :)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Lando, hate to tell you but the stuff in the store is already dead.. :)

:beer:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline truth_seeker

Amazon Fresh and others.

Offline musiclady

When I go to the mall, it's in and out as fast as is possible.

(Shoes.  Yep.  Gotta try them on).

My husband has loved me even more dearly for nearly four decades because of this un-female quality. 

One of the advantages of being a grown-up tomboy!  ^-^

Offline alicewonders

When I go to the mall, it's in and out as fast as is possible.

(Shoes.  Yep.  Gotta try them on).

My husband has loved me even more dearly for nearly four decades because of this un-female quality. 

One of the advantages of being a grown-up tomboy!  ^-^

:beer:

rangerrebew

- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Somalia’s Al Shabaab Now Moving into Domestic Terrorism in US

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On February 22, 2015 @ 11:55 am In The Point | 8 Comments

What would make Somalia’s Al Shabaab Jihadist group think that it has the capability to threaten domestic terror attacks in the US and Canada? It might be the huge flood of Somalis migrants accepted by both countries. The US has already seen Somali terror plots.

This however would have the stamp of Al Shabaab, a successor of the Islamic Courts Union, a local Taliban outlet defended by liberals when Bush helped take it down. It has links to Al Qaeda and Boko Haram. And now it has a bigger vision.

In the propaganda video, posted Saturday, the al Qaeda-linked terror group talks about its September 2013 attack on a mall in Kenya. The brazen siege, which went on for days, left more than 60 people dead at an upscale mall in Nairobi.

In its new video, Al-Shabaab calls for similar attacks on malls in the three Western countries. Al-Shabaab identified specific malls, but CNN will not list them unless they respond publicly.

Mall of America said it’s aware of the video listing it as a potential target.

“We take any potential threat seriously and respond appropriately,” the Minnesota mall said in a statement. “We have implemented extra security precautions, some may be noticeable to guests and others won’t be.”

So does Al Shabaab have an actual plan or is this just a bid for attention and a slice of that Qatar/Kuwaiti/Saudi terror cash? It could be a little of both.

Al Qaeda and ISIS have had success encouraging and training so-called lone wolf attackers. And with a lot of Muslim money going to ISIS and Boko Haram, it may feel the need to get in on the action. That’s part of why interpreting terrorist actions in terms of US foreign policy is a mistake. Terrorist groups follow in the path of Mohammed. They need to attract followers by scoring wins against big targets. We’re a big target.

And what makes us particularly vulnerable to Al Shabaab is the huge number of Somali settlers living in the US. They’re the natural foot soldiers of this terrorist group.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/dgreenfield/somalias-al-shabaab-now-moving-into-domestic-terrorism-in-us/